It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

floating as a child?did it happen?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I had a weird one.. i had a bag of maltesers (choclate candy balls) when i was around 4 and they started to float infront of me, i even picked a couple out the air with my fingers.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

You've provided not a shred of proof.

I've had incredibly realistic dreams, visions, experiences .. whatever you want to call it.

Our subconscious is incredibly powerful.

Don't discount it's potential and instead, attempt to explain this away as some sort of magic.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
My main problem with believing that this was just my imagination is that me and my sister would do it together at an age when you understand what is 'real' and what is your imagination, we would also play imaginary games - but this wasn't one of them.
I've thought about it a lot and everything I know says "No, it was impossible. You were just imagining it" but everything I am says "It happened"
I can't explain it but if it was just my mind playing tricks then the difference between what is real or not is much less significant than we popularly 'imagine', no pun intended.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude
reply to post by unityemissions

Well,no you are wrong.

I used to have OBE's almost nightly as a young person and often as I got older.

I would travel around the community I lived in and there were other young people that I knew and encountered during these OBE's.

The girl that resided across the street from where I lived was one of my companions during these nightly excursions.

She was a year younger,but we never spoke because I suppose we were both shy and our families were not known to each other.

I remember these OBE's distinctly.

The first time that she was my companion on one of these OBE's, the next day,she was standing in front of her front window looking across at my house and I was doing the same.

Our eyes met and I knew she remembered the night before too.

After these OBE's I would awaken bathed in sweat but remembering every place I had been and what I did.

Anyone can do it if they can put their brain in a certain"wave".

It sounds to me as though you were having dreams about the girl across the street. Something which is perfectly normal for a young boy. Waking bathed in sweat after some sort of hormone driven dream is also perfectly normal.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
wow, i think i was about 4 when i floated down half the staircase, i knew i could do it so did it, but i regretted when i sat down at the dinner table cause i threw up on my plate.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
huh strange I just posted about claiming as a kid that the green goose (possibly a grey) taught me how to fly. The post is called "Grey's n Strange memories n dreams" in the "Grey area". You can read about it there as I don't really want to repost it all but I have to admit your post made me think about my claims as a kid also. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

I agree. Most likely these experiences were dreams or childish imagination. Real like dreams can become (false) memories of actual life in adulthood. It has been shown time to time by science, that memory is not to be counted on. Memory can be medled both intentionally and unintentionally. For example traumatic experiences are often replaced by a memory of some extraordinary effect.

-v

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

You claim you know it is the subconscious bu you know no such thing. You only suspect it. There are things in this world I have seen that cant be explained away by such simple explanations. That and you weren't there either.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Arkady

It did happen. I'm 33 now and am astonished that I have found people who remember clearly they could float. That remember when they couldn't anymore and how they attempted to try again with no such luck. I want able to float anymore by the time I turned 8. There has got to be answers. We all seem so similar in exactly the same type memory. I created an account just to reply when I found this website forums.

9 years later and I dont feel so alone in my memories. I have found this forum even if its many years later.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I had the same thing happen! I never floated, but when I was about five or so, I learned how to swim. Once I was practicing to swim under water and I seemed to swim underwater for a very long time, and suddenly I became aware that I was breathing!!! The second I realized that, I had to come up sputtering and coughing and gasping for air. After that, I never managed to repeat the experience. It seems that "blissful unawareness" is key to having the experience. Interestingly, my (now ex-) husband told me he experienced the same thing when he was little.

a reply to: jackflap

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: jetsettingvet

This is an interesting thing, because my younger sister told me the other day (we were reminiscing about our childhood) and she said that our brother pushed her down the stairs, but she told me it was if something grabbed a hold of her and that she floated down the stairs where she ended up standing up. She thinks it was her guardian angel.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Oneolddude
Did you ever encounter people sitting in lotus position with mucus coming from their orifices when you travelled, like zombies?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
maybe it's because stairs have lots of angels on them.... sorry angles! a reply to: InTheLight

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: unityemissions
floating above my body, hitting the ceiling, roaming around the city, leaping outside the earths gravitational pull, exploring other planets, experiencing the beginning of the cosmos ...

.. it's called imagination, & every child has it to varying degrees.

If you had ever experienced astral projection, you would realise how wrong you were to call it imagination. It can be experienced at any time during life, so it it plain wrong to attribute it to children and their imagination. Try researching the subject in parasychology journals, study all the experimental investigations over several decades and see how wrong you have been been.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I had a similar experience that was very wierd ,
however I was around 16 years old sleeping on my bed and there was a cracking noise in my room in the middle of the night that woke me up , the moment I opened my eyes I remember falling on my bed like my entire body was suspended in mid air 5-7 inches off the bed surface. I remember staying awake that entire night trying to figure out what had happened.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join