It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

floating as a child?did it happen?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
howdy everybody, this is my first thread so please bear with me. ok so i have been thinking about these experiences i have had on numerous occasions when i was a wee lad, maybe around 6ish to 7ish era i'm thinking. the place i was living was the 2nd story of a duplex, you had the front door a heavy wooden door hen right away you had a flight of 20-22 stairs i reckon. heres where it gets weird, i remember on numerous occasions i would stand at the top of the stairs and close my eyes and go into some sort of "trance-lïke stage" and when i'd open my eyes, what felt like mere moments later i'd be at the bottom of the stairs on my feet feeling fine then i'd run up the stairs to my excitement yelling "mom mom i floated down the stairs"and her reply would be öh you just fell down the them"now once or twice yeah maybe i fell down them,im gonna give her that, i was never hurt, and yes i understand at that age we are highly resiliant. but the thing that gets me is why would i remember these events if they were merely a kid falling down the stairs. that was near 3 decades ago and i can remember it like it was yesterday. just curiouis if anyone else ever experinced anything of this type of event before? i have always been a bright guy from day one and into the ,well everything above top secret has to offer. i also notice street lights come on or go off in my presence,that old phenomenon. just weird i guess. thanks for listening and any feedback will be greatly appreciated, thanks for putting up with the many grammatical errors, i just think to fast for my two little fingers to keep up,i'll work on it. have a great day

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Hi!

I had a strange experience like this as a child. I was in the yard playing and took off running and pretending that I was flying...next thing I know, I could see myself on the ground below...strange but true and I have wished many times that I could experience that again!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I saw myself fall down the stairs when I was seven. Nothing hurt til I got to the bottom, and I was no longer looking at myself tumble over and over, but was laying at the bottom of the stairs on the cement floor of the basement, in pain. They were steep stairs. No damage, lots of bruises, it was weird watching it happen.

Can't imagine floating. Were they heavily carpeted and maybe you slid down on your butt? That would be a much softer way down than what I took
It would almost feel like floating.

People didn't used to let me near their stereos, I would make them static if I got too close. I still have trouble in the winter if it's dry and cold with shocks. Very painful, loud static discharge often goes right up to my elbow. Sometimes flashes too. Lots of people look at me strange when they hear it. Hate it, it hurts. I look for something wood to touch before any door handles, and have to close the truck door from outside when I get out of it with my heavily jacketed elbow.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Maybe you had an out of body experience and remember the "free floating" feeling of being out of your body- and your body continued down the stairs. Young children are incredibly gifted with psychic ability and have the capacity to leave their bodies and do so often.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
street lamps are a sign, you sound experienced in some sort of way, someting is nudging at you to seek more, be more intutive. letting you know that reality is more than what meets the eyes. follow yor instincts, hunches.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
floating above my body, hitting the ceiling, roaming around the city, leaping outside the earths gravitational pull, exploring other planets, experiencing the beginning of the cosmos ...

.. it's called imagination, & every child has it to varying degrees.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
i do beleive that children are more unknowingly open to the physic part of the spectrum, i feel as we grow older the world tells us there are things that we are not supposed to be able to do. i couldnt neccesarily "see"myself floating down the stairs. i would close my eyes up top and open them at the bottom, same postion. im not ruling out that there were times that i couldve easily fell down them and not have been hurt, however the older i get the more i am reminded of these events. it took place on more than one occasion, couple times a week up to a coupleof times a night..it seemed to take place more at night. i understand taht the older we get the fuzzier memories become and we try to fill in the peices with logic and maybe fabricate some truths,however i cannot shake the feeling thirty years later of closing my eyes in 1 location and opening in another. thanks everyone

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Yup, yup! People can fly, or rather float. Reminds me of snowboarding once. Did a 360 for the first time! Didn't feel a thing when I landed. People cheered. Hehe! Surreal.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I almost never log in to reply on this forum these days but this thread is something that I did experience as a child.

I remember quite clearly, several very strange experiences as a child, the first was when I was too young to even talk, and I was playing in my parents backyard (Queensland, Australia) when I heard a voice from the clouds say my name several times.... Weird....

Several years later, at a new house, still in Queensland, Australia, I remember when my father would go away on business I would drag my mattress into my parents room and sleep on the floor (it was a big, creepy house to a child) and I remember several times, always when I had dragged my mattress into my parents room, around 3 or 4 in the morning, before anyone was awake, I would levitate around the room in a lying position, floating, but only about 30-40cm off the ground. I recall this happening several times, also about the age of 5,6, and 7. This also happened to me when sleeping on the floor in the office as well, and that time, I do recall floating both up and down flights of stairs, always in a lying flat position, and always only about 30-40cm off the ground, always facing down as well, ie; sleeping on my stomach.

I occasionally think back to those things, because they stick out extremely clearly in my mind, even the memories of the time before I could speak, also strangely, I clearly remember saying my first words, at the grocery store, "No more radishes...." Which is, according to my parents, exactly what happened...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
ok if this phenomenon is a reality and not just due to an overactive imagination and unclear memories. what is the science behind it? and is it achievable once again?or lost due to programming our brains that such things are not possible?deep inside i know what happened but the other part, the society taught logic part, of my brain questions it.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Yes it did happen, I don't know how or why - but it did. I know EXACTLY what you are talking about and it blew me away when I read your post.

Both myself and my sister have vivid memories of floating down the stairs in the house where we would grow up. Even the fact that you described it as 'floating' rather than 'flying' is bang on the money, we both had different methods though, she would put one hand on the bannister and the rest or her body would float into the air and she would glide down quite slowly whereas I would just sort of launch myself into the air down the stairs and glide down maybe 2 feet above the stairs then along the floor in the hall.
It wasn't something we suddenly discovered either, intitially we began doing it from just a couple of stairs up, then we went higher and higher until we were at the top of the stairs. We never did it in front of our friends or parents as we always felt like we were doing something wrong or dangerous and we would get into trouble and then at about the age of 6-7 we couldn't do it anymore, my sister was devastated and spent months trying but just couldn't do it and then one day she managed one last time and neither of us has been able to 'float' since then.
I don't know what the hell this is all about but the experience is as real to me, and her, as anything else that has ever happened in my life. Occasionally we talk about it and I try to rationalise and say we must have been imagining it but I can't force myself to believe that and neither can she. It was just too real.
I'm sure 99.9% of people that read this will just think I'm crazy or we were imagining things but the fact is - we're not, this happened and you hav no idea how amazing it is to know that it happened to somebody else too.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Arkady]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Yes, I have a strong memory of when I was very little, probably just before starting school, of being in the garden and discovering I could jump upwards from a standing start and hover just above the ground rather than land. Just for a few seconds. It felt like an invisible floor was beteen me and the real ground, then I would sink through it (like in water) and gently land (like feet finding the bottom in water).
Oer the years, as I came to learn about gravity etc, I dismissed this possible experience as imagination becoming confused with real memory.
Part of the memory includes my mother witnessing this from a kitchen window, looking out and watching, but not saying anything. I've never discussed it with her as it seems a bit crazy.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I was never able to float as a child. God only knows it would have been a handy skill to have as I can't count the amount of times I fell out of trees, fell off of rope swings or death slides over our local river. It could have saved me a few bruises, scrapes, bumps and a broken leg if it had been possible.

Unfortunately for the younger me..it's not possible for human beings to float or levitate.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by RMFX1]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I have several similar experiences to these. The great majority of my childhood memories are from a third person view. Granted I never remember watching myself like you describe. Like when it happened it was all in first person, but when I think about it is in third person. I try to remember things "through" my eyes but it is like it isnt there. everything is me standing and watching myself.

One of the few "first person" childhood memories that I have was me following my older brother up the stairs in our house. His bedroom as right at the top of the stairs and he slammed the door in my face.... Lol (brothers are great arnt they?
) Anyway up till that point my memory is in first person but as the door slammed into me it was like I popped out of my body and stood at the top of the stairs and watched myself fall. Remember when this happened to the best of my knowledge it happened in first person.

There are lot of other similar memories I have where they are in "first" and quickly jump to third and no matter how hard I try I cannot remember or see them in first person.

Edit:

After thinking about this topic some more I remember having this tiny fear in the very back of my mind that gravity would break and I would just float away. I never remember floating or anything of the sort but always in the back of my mind I thought I was going to start falling up. Even now as an adult I habitually I think very very rarely look up just to see what I might hit. I wouldn't call it a "fear" anymore but something that I "know" and am just waiting on to happen.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Strave]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
either a) its good to know that there are other crazy people out there that think that we "floated"at some point in our life or b) something did happen that truely defies physics. or were we to young to give into the concept of school taught physics. that reminds me of bugs bunny cartoons, where elmer fudd runs off the cliff and is suspended midair and only falls after being reminded of gravity. thanks to one and all for your insights and stories its pretty cool to realize that others experienced this ,whatever this is/was. maybe thru proper unlearning and thru deeper thoughts we can possibly re-acheive this. what do yáll think?. regarding 3rd person vs first person veiws of situations, i would close my eyes in 1 place and open them in another, so i really didnt see anything i guess. i dream both 1 and 3rd person pov dreams sometimes both at once,thats trippy

[edit on 15-7-2010 by jetsettingvet]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkady
TextWe never did it in front of our friends or parents as we always felt like we were doing something wrong or dangerous and we would get into trouble
[edit on 15-7-2010 by Arkady]

My memory, in third person viewing myself, is coupled with a sense that this was a wrong thing to do and that people should not see you doing it, or there would be Big Trouble..... which is odd because the natural instinct of a 3 or 4 years old is to say "Mom, look what I can do."

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Surprised to be Here]

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Surprised to be Here]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
When I was very young, I'm not sure how old, I was in a small three foot high pool in my yard. I was swimming under water from one side to the other. I would push off of the one side and glide across under the water to the other.

On one of these little jaunts I felt the opposite side of the pool with my hands extended in front me and my eyes were closed. It was so peaceful and just floating like that under the water was really cool to me. I started to breathe under the water.

I don't know how long I stayed like that but I wasn't amazed or anything that I was breathing under water. I just floated under the water, totally relaxed and breathing just fine. I haven't been able to replicate the event and I often dream about it as well. Really cool.

Another time when my sister and me were playing in the yard, a wave of air just lifted us off the ground and placed us on our butts some distance away. She still remembers this. We were smiling wildly at each other and wanted it to happen again but it didn't. Another really cool event. Just thought I'd share.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
your ALL describing childhood out of body experiences.......

OOBE

Maybe you want to learn more? read books by Robert Bruce & or Robert Monroe.......
FAR JOURNEYS by Robert Monroe changes your perspective on this life we are living......

[edit on 15-7-2010 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Wow! I am not alone in this!

I believe I was 4 or 5 years old when this happened to me. I was running across a large grassy field and then I just started floating in mid-stride, my feet about 3 to 4 inches off the ground. I never told anyone about it and it never happened again after that. I really didn't think much about it at the time.

I am enjoying reading about your experiences!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Well,no you are wrong.

I used to have OBE's almost nightly as a young person and often as I got older.

I would travel around the community I lived in and there were other young people that I knew and encountered during these OBE's.

The girl that resided across the street from where I lived was one of my companions during these nightly excursions.

She was a year younger,but we never spoke because I suppose we were both shy and our families were not known to each other.

I remember these OBE's distinctly.

The first time that she was my companion on one of these OBE's, the next day,she was standing in front of her front window looking across at my house and I was doing the same.

Our eyes met and I knew she remembered the night before too.

After these OBE's I would awaken bathed in sweat but remembering every place I had been and what I did.

Anyone can do it if they can put their brain in a certain"wave".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join