It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from a new member, long time lurker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Hello World,
I've jumped on and off this site for some time now. I think the first time was because a net search on a topic of interest showed a thread from here.

Amazingly I felt not so alone in thoughts.
Imagine my disappointment when I then realized I wasn't some insightful genius nor some crazy loon! haha j/k sort of J

Well however you look at the last sentence, I know I am not alone.

My experiences during my time on earth have fostered many thoughts out of the “norm” and it sure sucked pre-internet since most communities fostered their indoctrinated dogmas.

I have a book that I will eventually write (withholding the title to keep my fortune intact, lol)

In it will be things that I’ve wondered about for years and things I’ve experienced.
Things that brought me here to ATS.

Like just yesterday I was talking with an elderly gentleman that was sharing some “military” stories with me. He had made a comment about his Spec Ops time in a South American Country a few decades ago.
I couldn’t help myself as it was a long standing joke with another friend with similar experiences by retorting; “What? What do you mean? The United States Military never had combat operations in South American Countries in that time frame.” I chuckled so he would know I didn’t doubt him.
He replied, oh yeah these were just maneuver exercises.

I was also taught by a Jr. High school teacher to “believe none of what you hear and only half of what you read.” Of course I had to quip out loud “I don’t believe that.” But hey one can sit and ponder great things in detention!

So that should give you a little insight to my inner workings.

Looking forward to some great discussions!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Some insightful introduction you have there

Welcome on ATS!

We are looking forward to seeing you on boards!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Welcome Genesis322!
You are in good company here, look forward to your input.
Peace

join