It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do YOU Tell People You Saw a UFO(s)?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

Yes, one report online at ufobc and the rest online. At the beginning very difficult but after a time if more information is given, you're nudged to share for awareness. In other words it becomes a part of awareness and helps others.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I have three sightings in nuforc spanning 18 years, but I don't tell my friends, neighbors or associates. I tell my family but that's it. I relayed one sighting here on ATS hoping for others to have seen the same thing and one person I'm sure saw the very same craft I saw.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The date was the 8th of May 2008: time about 03:00

I had been meditating in my garden on my back. I had been looking up into a very clear sky and it was filled with stars, my favourite kind of night. For about an hour I had been focusing on a bright star almost right above me and had been imagining focusing a stream of consciousness up to the point where space meets the atmosphere.

I recognize that this sounds nuts but I had read on ATS that this was a good way to “zone UFOs” in and though I was quite sceptical I have an open mind on such things and was determined to give it a try just in case it worked. I meditate a lot anyway so I had nothing to lose by trying it out and maybe much to gain. That was how I rationalised it at the time.

Anyway I was focusing my mind or consciousness up into the sky, imagining a thin beam of thought or energy coming from my forehead and spreading out in a disc like oil on water hundreds of miles above me. When I was satisfied I was doing this correctly and satisfied that I was able to maintain this concentration I was asking for contact and sending up feelings of good intentions and a wish to see something that could blow away the many doubts I had on the subject of the UFO phenomenon.

I was so methodical that I sent up these “communications” only as I breathed out. I was even careful to make sure these silent words stayed within the imaginary disc I spread out at the top of the stream of thought I was projecting.

Nothing was working and very disappointed I stopped concentrating after about an hour and more or less was about to give up and get up with an intention of going to bed.

Right at the moment that I was about to get off the ground there was a sudden flash of intense white light off to the left of where I had been looking straight up. The flash of light was fast and lasted barely a second but was very bright and got my attention fast. From the flash there was suddenly a tiny but bright satellite and it was taking a path that would take it almost directly over my house.

At first I was thinking ‘cool a satellite’ but I was also perplexed about the intense white flash it had come from and the diffuse nature of it. Things took an even weirder turn as suddenly the satellite flashed a rich blue and VERY defined cone of light aimed toward the north. The light was intense and like nothing I had seen before. It was of such a highly defined intensity it was almost a solid triangle. The flash of blue triangular light lasted only split second but I was looking straight at it so there was no mistaking what I was seeing.

In response there was a second flash of intense white unidirectional light exactly the same as the one that had got my attention focused on the satellite. From this second light there was a second satellite closing in with the first one as it moved over my house. Their speed was similar and the distance between the two I cannot say but I have seen enough satellites to know they were at extreme altitude, well beyond the height of any aircraft. The distance from the two satellites would be blocked if I pointed my arm straight up and blocked them with four fingers.

The second satellite flashed a very intense red cone of triangular light at the first satellite as it closed the distance and the response was another flash of blue light aimed at the second satellite. This then responded with a second flash of red conical light and then they merged with a flash of white unidirectional light.

After the flash was gone there was just the first satellite moving now over my house and I had got to my feet by now without taking my eyes of the scene even once. I backed up as the satellite started to become obscured by my roof and about five seconds after the merger of the two the satellite started winking on and off a bright orange.

At one point during this sighting I mentally questioned if I was hallucinating for some reasons and looked away briefly, swore a few choice words and then looked back at the sighting. The UFO was still there and its orange blinking was not a strobe, more a sporadic lighting, on and off at twice the speed a man blinks roughly but at points it sped up and then slowed and repeated.

I eventually lost it and it was blocked from view by my roof and I even broke my fence and fell on my back as I backed up as I was so intensely focused on watching this phenomenon that nothing else was in my mind except to soak it up and not to miss a thing.

I rushed through my house to the front and it was gone. No clouds in the sky just stars.

I was extremely vocal about what I had seen the next day and I did not care who I told. Bad move I might add. The long and short of it is I ended up separated from my wife for eight months and I went into a terrible spiral of depression and confusion. I had seen what I had hoped I would see but it had turned my life upside down to the extent that now I lived alone with my dog in a one bedroom flat.

No one believed me and my friends became distant my wife begged me to pass it off a joke but for all that I stuck to my guns and maintained that what I had seen had been no joke and had been a fact. Perhaps things might have turned out differently if I had rushed into the house and grabbed a camera but that said had I taken that course of action all I would have had for my troubles would have been blurry images of a light against a dark backdrop.

To give a frame of measurement the white flashes of light that the UFOs had emerged from where about the size of the nail of my index finger. The triangular red and blue lights where about the same size, and the whole incident from the moment of the first flash of light to the moment I lost sight was roughly ten seconds.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
At 21:00 (16/09/2009) my wife and I were walking our dog near our home.

The sky was starry, crisp and clear of clouds which I thought was quite weird in an awesome way. There were no clouds and the sky seemed to have a mixture of purple throughout it. I even mentioned this to my wife as we walked something quite unreal about the colour that I could not put my finger on.

I was looking out toward Costorphin hill (Edinburgh zoo is situated there) To the left of that is Edinburgh airport and I was looking at several aircraft moving about in that direction as I am a bit of a plane nerd. I was watching them drifting over there, strobes blinking when my wife said, 'What is that?'

I followed her gaze back the way we had come and was perplexed to say the least to see a very bright whitish blue light above our house at a height of roughly two to three thousand feet. It was moving slowly in the direction of Saughton prison and watching it I was stunned... There were no navigation lights, no strobes and no noise as would be expected had it been an aircraft. I should know, if aircraft fly over my house I am enough of a nerd to go out and watch them.

I chuckled as we both stopped walking to look up at the light. 'Do you believe me now love?' I was of course referring to the event of the 8th of may last year when I had seen two UFO's above our home and been more or less ridiculed, castigated and pretty much dragged over the coals for it. The events of last year had caused us to split up and I had even lost friends over it because I had been quite vocal about the events.

My wife did not respond, she silently continued to stare as the bright light continued to move, arching round to the left on a path that seemed to take it in the direction of Edinburgh castle on the distant skyline.

Across the other side of the road two ambulance crewmen were helping a man I recognised as a chef who used to work with my wife. He was on a gurney being loaded into the back of the ambulance. The two ambulance men were glancing up at the strange light as they worked but they did not seem to realise that we were standing on the other side of the road watching them, watching the UFO.

I was enjoying this moment so much let me tell you (a confirmation to myself that I was not a wacko after all) and was so intent on enjoying the open mouthed look on my wife’s pretty face, the frowning looks on the faces of the ambulance men’s faces that I missed the part in the sighting when the light winked out and became a pinprick of light.

'It's a triangle,' my wife breathed, her eyes going wide. I looked as the light had gone out but forcing on the spot I realised that the light had not gone out, it had just turned into a very faint pinprick that was almost impossible to spot. Had I not been looking straight at it I probably would not have spotted it against the backdrop of stars.

At that point I remembered that I had left my camera phone in the house but I did not care. I have never been interested in proving to the world that what I believe to be true is that visitations are real and happening all over the world all the time. My wife was the only person I wanted to believe me and the look on her face told me now she was much closer to believing the UFO phenomenon is real. She is the biggest sceptic you could ever meet so that fact was a great realisation to me.

We both continued to gaze at this now very dim light that had turned now into a pinprick against the dark sky and suddenly like something from a film, the light picked up speed, disappearing completely before it reached the castle, as if winking out of existence.

'Don’t be scared babe. Are you sure it was a triangle you saw?' I asked still enjoying the amazed look on her face.
'No I didn’t see a triangle shape and I'm not scared; I saw three lights come together into a single point in the centre. Didn’t you see it?'

'No love, I was too busy watching your reactions to the UFO sighting'.

We carried on walking.

My wife was a bit quiet for a few days afterwards but I think it was just her way of assimilating the fact that her world had been turned upside down and that there were actually strange things going on in the skies.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
We have seen something in the sky, (snip), (snip),, my next door neighbour and I. I do not expect you to believe me as I can hardly believe it myself and I was there but I feel I should tell you.
The report I send you is in the style that keeps my daughters names confidential.

On the 7th of May 2010 at 22:00 (roughly) I saw another UFO and this time my daughters and my next door neighbour’s teenage daughter saw it too.
I was sitting in the garden on a chair just to the left of lounge door that leads into a landscaped garden. I was feeling quite at peace with the world, looking up at a clear sky and simply enjoying the diminishing light, the silence and the soft breeze in the trees. For about half an hour I just sat there studying stars as one by one they become more visible.

The sun was starting to set and I was very mindful of a blackbird singing on a chimney pot, his song shrill but fitting perfectly with the clear darkening sky as it turned a darker shade of blue. Behind me my 20 year old daughter was in the living room watching Hollyoaks and tapping away on her iPod touch. My 14 year old was in the Kitchen fixing herself something to eat. My wife was upstairs in bed and incapacitated with a severe migraine. I had been periodically checking up on her and had been concerned enough to decide to have an early night to be sure she would be ok.

Anyway I was sitting in the chair, my dog, Aspen (a huge malamute) was at my feet and far away above a house at the bottom of my garden I suddenly noticed a light that simply appeared like a light switching on in the distance. It was bright like an LED light and very intense but strangely not blinding or uncomfortable to the eyes. It was coming towards me from the direction of Livingstone (west) and as it drew closer I realised it was not an aircraft and there was no sound. Evenly while making sure to keep my eyes on it I opened the back door and said silently, calmly to my 20 year old, ‘UFO!’

Both of them were suddenly there with me and in silent shock they both watched this light come closer with such a strange and extremely smooth grace, a perfectly straight line as if on rails, moving like the UFO my wife and I had watched many months before over our house. In fact I think it was the same UFO because the light and the way it moved were very similar. The way this light moved nagged at me, it moved like it was in perfect control of gravity, like gravity was not even there. When I watch a plane or a helicopter there is a barely noticeable fluctuation in movement as it struggles against gravity, atmosphere and turbulence – if you watch you see it.

This light showed no such symptoms; it was as if it flew through a perfect vacuum with seemingly no friction to impede its path.

The light drifted over the house and suddenly I was struck with a surfeit of intense emotions all positive and yet sad, instantly causing my vision to swim with tears. I had a mental flash of the voyager spacecraft’s gold plaque and an engraving of a man engraved on this gold plaque with an arm raised in friendship? I raised my own right hand to shoulder height, mimicking this posture as if to wave and then things got weird. I remember the Light stopping and “looking” at us and I had a sensation of lifting out of my body, chest first so that I arched up into the sky by a about a foot even though I did not actually lift physically I felt like I left my body for an instant and I was aware of a vibration, a crazy fluttering deep inside my chest? I recognise this as the chakra!

I vaguely remember saying ‘Can you feel the love? I called it, don’t be scared. Now do you believe me? Take no photos; just watch it, send them your love.’ I said some other things too but I cannot recall it however I assume it was in the same attitude.

Yes I know, it is very weird new age nonsense but I can tell at the time as we watched this light in the sky and it watched us right back this new age nonsense felt very relevant to the situation and it felt very appropriate. In this moment where times went strange it seems important to give up hate, ago, rage and anger, no longer hold on to notions of stepping on others or holding onto little things like materialism.

I glanced quickly at my daughters and they were standing there in awe, my 20 year old the utter sceptic now suddenly confronted with what she had always said could not exist.

My youngest on the other hand just had this huge grin in her face and the dog was running around us doing laps and wagging her tail frantically.

I know this really does sound crazy but there was a communication of a sort and I felt the words ‘I am the herald’ not with words but more a feeling. A communication via emotion not words that I was able to translate instantly into words – I cannot explain it and I may have misconstrued the communication (sic?) but after the passing I was left with that feeling that seemed to come from this incredibly surreal light.

My youngest made a wow sound and my eldest was just awestruck and said nothing. Suddenly there was a sound behind me and I glanced over my shoulder to see my neighbour’s teenage daughter at her bedroom window. Wide-eyed she was watching this bright and silent light fly over the house and when she looked at me I could see alarm and disbelief. I got the instant feeling that she had decided that because I was waving to the UFO with tears in my eyes that I was the cause of this sighting. She scrambled to close the window and then pulled the blinds down.

I looked back to the green light (Both my daughters) said it was a bright white light but I saw a bright green light) just as it passed over the roof. I went through to the front of the house and at the front door I watched the light continue on its way curving toward the south east drifting off to the left of the Edinburgh ski course on the distant Pentlands hills.

My eldest is freaked out and had taken herself off to Dunfermline for retail therapy the next day as seeing the UFO had blown her mind in the same way that my mind blew on the 8th of May 2008 UFO encounter where I ended up leaving my wife for a year and almost losing my sanity.
My 14 year old on the other hand last night was tearful afterwards and I kept checking on her as she tried to sleep later that night and she said ‘You don’t need to keep checking on me dad, I’m not scared I am very happy, they want you for something!’ She says time stopped and something happened but she cannot explain it.

My 20 year old on the other hand got uptight with me a couple of days later and demanded to know what I have been up to and why can’t I just let it rest and stop? She does not want to believe there are aliens visiting.
‘You believe it was alien then?’ I asked with a big grin.

Dad, that thing was not human!’ She was not smiling when she said this.
I was not going to say anything to you but as I saw this with others and I know they will corroborate what we saw then I feel confident in telling you this because what we saw was real and yet should not have been because it was impossible.

It was not a balloon, it was not a plane and it was extremely weird and “something” has changed in me and I feel like my spirit is lifted up, I am in LOVE with the world and I think I understand why but that is for me.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
A couple of weeks ago I was sitting in my living room writing on my laptop when my youngest suddenly banged on the window and I rushed into the garden just in time to see this white light again moving a second before it seemed to split into a dozen or more pieces which then shot off into the sky, fading out before they had gone too far.

No it was not a firework my daughter said it flew over the house like last time and she had not got me because she had been so amazed she just ended up watching it.

AWESOME times, I am loving it and there is nothing to be afraid of they are not our enemies unlike those lovely people in government who take their orders from those soulless people that own the banks!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
First, I only tell people who seem interested in the subject.

Second, I relate the facts of the story (my one and only still unexplained sighting) without speculating on what it could have been, just the facts that rule out other explanations.

Third, I explain that I'm not claiming they were spaceships...but I don't know what they were.

Perfectly put and exactly what I was thinking. If you follow these instructions you will not come off as a kook. You have to above all resist the temptation to act like your experience will somehow change the world because no matter what it won't. If you do any more than the above it will not help you in any way.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Origin

Originally posted by Gazrok
First, I only tell people who seem interested in the subject.

Second, I relate the facts of the story (my one and only still unexplained sighting) without speculating on what it could have been, just the facts that rule out other explanations.

Third, I explain that I'm not claiming they were spaceships...but I don't know what they were.

Perfectly put and exactly what I was thinking. If you follow these instructions you will not come off as a kook. You have to above all resist the temptation to act like your experience will somehow change the world because no matter what it won't. If you do any more than the above it will not help you in any way.

Well mine changed me. I feel awake now, but awake to what? I have no idea.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeJaguar67
A couple of weeks ago I was sitting in my living room writing on my laptop when my youngest suddenly banged on the window and I rushed into the garden just in time to see this white light again moving a second before it seemed to split into a dozen or more pieces which then shot off into the sky, fading out before they had gone too far.

No it was not a firework my daughter said it flew over the house like last time and she had not got me because she had been so amazed she just ended up watching it.

AWESOME times, I am loving it and there is nothing to be afraid of they are not our enemies unlike those lovely people in government who take their orders from those soulless people that own the banks!

You have some very fascinating stories, sir. Very in depth. Luckily you have the comfort of your family now.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Origin

Thanks. The funny thing is, there is one factual detail of my encounter that I haven't seen in other reports. Well, I have seen accounts of sleep paralysis of partners in abduction accounts, but not in just sighting accounts.

I was a child when it occurred, and there were at least a couple dozen other children who had all come outside (I lived on a military compound in Alaska, at the time) to witness the lights/objects.

All of us said the same thing...our parents were still asleep, and couldn't be woken up, even as we shook them before we came outside.

We saw numerous objects (that didn't conform to any known craft, and we were military brats, so pretty familiar with them), and we saw thin, blue beams come from some, into the woods (looked too tight to be searchlights, and were quick bursts, not lasting lights).

The next morning, we thought we had dreamt it, until we talked at school and found others with the same dream. Later, we asked our dads, and they just told us not to ask about it (and when in the military family, if that's said, you simply don't ask about it).

Tried asking him years later, and he acts like he has no idea what I'm talking about.

Could have been something like a helicopter search, using some kind of silencers, and different lights, etc. that my childhood mind isn't recalling right, who knows, but I still have vivid mental images of it....

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
He there,

All are very excellent ways of reporting and talking about ufo experiences. I userally post on NUFORC and talk to a few friends and a couple favorite groups.

Boy, this is old hat for me. Most of the ufo sitings I would not post on here for they are a bit strange to write about. Like this experience for instance which is a more normal of a ufo siting so I feel alright about posting this to all of you.....

I was standing at the end of my driveway, in the quiet country and the sky was just beautifully starting to light up with stars, medium dusky outside the sun had just set. I looked up in the sky above the tree line facing east, gazed to the right for a minute and then back to the tree line. And there before my eyes a dark spot emerged and then the spot grew and a hole opened up in the sky. What I can only describe as like an iris opening this is the way it opened up. The opening was darker than the night sky so you could tell the difference between the two. And then a ufo, dark saucer shaped emerged out of the hole, or portal in the sky. After clearing the portal, the ufo stopped in mid flight and hovered there waiting for the portal to close again which it did. And then the ufo completely vanished, disappeared. This whole process only took a matter of no more than a minute of time. Very strange. I can't believe I didn't have a video camera at the time.

Oh this experience is even more normal, the first ufo I remember seeing. My sister and I were spending the night at my cousins house, this was a looooong time ago. And the sky was dusky again and all us kids were playing tag outside in the field. All of a sudden I felt like stopping and looked up into the sky. The stars again were just peaking through twinkling and then I noticed a large star, fixed star in the distance. And it started moving. It shot off and then stopped, changed direction, shot off again, then stopped, changed direction this happened several times. My cousin came over beside me and asked what I was looking at and I pointed out the "Star" that moved. We both watched for a minute and then went back to playing tag.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by covert1]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join