It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do YOU Tell People You Saw a UFO(s)?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
SO. Do any of you guys and girls tell people about your sightings? How do you do it without sounding bat# crazy. It's like as soon as you mention to someone you saw a UFO by the definition of the word, they automatically assume you believe you saw aliens or something, I think, because they assume that anything in the sky that can't be identified HAS to be aliens, and since they don't believe in them, they think you were either hallucination, were high, or lying.

I don't believe what I saw was ALIEN. There has to be an earthly explanation to what I saw. I am sure it's a possibility, but nothing more. Something earthly is more probable, even though I haven't been able to get any closure on the matter.

I want to your personal UFO stories. I recently had two sightings myself, yet I can't bring myself to tell anyone but my closest friends. I'm afraid people mark me off as crazy or something, or that I was confusing my wild imagination for reality, which I never do. I pride myself in my imagination, yes, but I am not some child.

The Story: When smoking a cigarette at 4:15 on June 18, I was looking up at the sky, taking in the sight. The sun was shining behind some maple trees, decreasing its luminosity to the point where I was no longer blinded if I looked at it. I could see bugs and pollen flying through the air, but I also saw something else as well. Two metallic white spheres caught the sun's light. One proceeded to move North East, and I watched it fly to the horizon. The other object, still catching the suns light, immediately vanished.

They were low enough to see the details, but high enough to be in the way of aircraft. When an aircraft flies at high altitude, it's hull, or fuselage is most prominent compared to the rest of the craft. The tail and wings, although they may be hard to see, can still be roughly seen, be it their outline, contrails or shadows.

These objects were simply well defined, metallic, white / gray spheres. No details or anything. Just solid spheres. There was no sound, though they may have been too high for it to be audible. The one that was moving flew in a steady straight line.

They were nothing elaborate, but still, the sight of flying metallic spheres, that have no sign of propulsion, is completely mind boggling.I have never seen anything like it. I have lived here all my life and am very familiar with flight patterns. I can name you pretty much any conventional aircraft and their variants, but this was by no means conventional.

I starting thinking: WEATHER BALLOONS! Then I realized that with all the incoming air traffic, that a weather balloon would pose too much of an obstacle. NOW. I would have dismissed that first sighting as a fluke. I didn't know what to call what I saw. Weather balloon sounded good...

THEN the next day, at somewhere between 4-4:15 I went out for another cigarette, and looked up in the sky where I had seen the "things" the day before. I didn't think I would see anything, but I was wrong. This time I saw a black sphere flying under a cloud, traveling in the same direction. I watched it and followed it until it hit the blue sky, where it vanished. Again my mind was boggled.

I submitted the report to US' oldest UFO research group, MUFON, or the Mutual UFO Network. An "investigator," if you can call him that, informed me that on that day another party submitted a sighting report.

Dozens of white / gray metallic spheres were seen in Leesburg by a man, along with his wife and kids. An entire family saw something that day, though much more significant than my sighting.

The next week another individual posted a sighting report for the 18th.

----

AN ENTIRE FAMILY AND INDIVIDUAL ALONG WITH MYSELF saw something on the 18th. The other individual saw their object an hour before me in Richmond. The family saw theirs and hour after me in Leesburg. All flying in roughly the same direction.

----

My research of UFO sightings in VA has shown me that at least in the last 30 years, there has never been that many sightings in one day, of similar objects.

Now I am not going to say it was aliens. It is all to easy to just say they were alien. After all, they were flying North East, in the direction of Aberdeen Proving Grounds and Phillips AAF. So they could be military for all I know.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by SubPop79]

[edit on 13-7-2010 by SubPop79]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Ufo's?
Sure. Here's one I saw.
I live in the San Fernando Valley, almost directly under the landing pattern for Burbank, about 3/4 of a mile from the Van Nuys Airport.
My wife and I are watching, of all things, Close Encounters of The Third Kind on TV. It's about three O' clock in the morning.
I go out on my deck for a smoke, look up, as I allways do, to see a very, very slow moving set of four dim white circles gliding silently over my house! I get my wife, she see's the same thing. I realize, the circle are illuminated by reflected ground light, and are in a "V' shaped pattern. They must be attatched ( as in painted on) to something black, non reflective, and larger.
How large?, How fast? How high? I have no way of guessing, as there was no reference point. I thought it odd, other than the obvious, that it was gliding from east to west, straight INTO the Burbank approach. Even though the airport is closed at that hour, traffic usually doesn'
t fly in that direction.
A UFO. NOT AN ALIEN SPACE SHIP.
That was in the mid 1990's. I now believe what I saw was a UAV that made the short trip over the mountains from Palmdale or Edwards, to check out the SFV as an test flight. I really have no way of knowing, but that makes the most sense to me!
When I told people about it, EVERY ONE thought I was talking about seeing a "spaceship", even though I specificly said that was NOT what I was saying. It was as if I was speaking Swahilli! So, I didn't mention it after that.
SURPRISE KIDS! I'VE SEEN UFO'S TOO!

[edit on 13-7-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I would have to agree that for most people telling others about UFO sightings can be a complicated process. Generally speaking most people will tend to jump to conclusions about you and what you saw, believe, drug use, etc.. but that is where I do think you did the right thing by providing your information to MUFON. They do have a good training procedure for investigators, and time can be short for them when comprising corroborating information for reports while still fresh in the memory of witnesses, and from what you've described it does appear you and several others may have seen something unidentified. What it could of been is always open to speculation. Unfortunately, this is where you have to decide for yourself what your next course of action should be. Let it go as something conventional and forget about it, or keep asking question. I'm here to hopefully find others interested in finding the truth and you're more then welcome to do the same. Oh and in case you were wondering I have seen some stuff in the sky I can't easily explain either, so I'll continue my search until I find my own answers.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
the best way to start is by talking about secret military crafts and what technologies they are probably hiding from the people...then do the for instance

"Ya, I wonder what the air force is hiding from the people...like a few nights ago, I was out having a smoke and seen this object in the sky...it was zooming all over the place, lit up bright, did 90 degree turns, totally strange looking...I mean, this was impossible with a aircraft or anything that we know of...it made me think, is that some new secret aircraft we have going on...and if our secret planes can do that, what else are they hiding"

let them enquire...or suggest it may be extraterrestrial...be open to the suggestion, but start on earth when explaining what you saw.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxZenTruthxX
I would have to agree that for most people telling others about UFO sightings can be a complicated process. Generally speaking most people will tend to jump to conclusions about you and what you saw, believe, drug use, etc.. but that is where I do think you did the right thing by providing your information to MUFON. They do have a good training procedure for investigators, and time can be short for them when comprising corroborating information for reports while still fresh in the memory of witnesses, and from what you've described it does appear you and several others may have seen something unidentified. What it could of been is always open to speculation. Unfortunately, this is where you have to decide for yourself what your next course of action should be. Let it go as something conventional and forget about it, or keep asking question. I'm here to hopefully find others interested in finding the truth and you're more then welcome to do the same. Oh and in case you were wondering I have seen some stuff in the sky I can't easily explain either, so I'll continue my search until I find my own answers.

I don't know about MUFON...The guy in charge of this, my 3 party UFO sighting, seem a little off HAHA. He only answers like one of my multiple question in our emails. I checked out his MySpace (BTW he has a MySpace), and he is a total paranormal freak! Werewolves, vampires, ghosts, all over his background. HAH can I get a different investigator? I mean I don't know the man, but from what he has told me and from what I have seen, it doesn't seem like he is exactly going the distance in his investigation. At least hit the finish line...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
My only sighting happened a few nights ago on July 10. I have told people about it, reported it to nuforc.org (.com?) and made a thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
There is another thread on ATS from that night. A bunch of people had sightings that night.
Mine flew under an airplane that just left Newark.
I guess I should report it to mufon too.

One person asked me if it could have been fireworks. I said that fireworks don't stay solidly lit without flashes and glide low across the whole sky without making a sound.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

Do you tell people you saw a UFO?

Not if you want them to take you serious....

Or, only if you want them to bring up your drug and alcohol habits.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

no. why should i share?

if fellow ATS members are not willing to take into account their own astronauts testimony (under oath) to the United Nations concerning their encounters with ufos in space as being relevant as evidence, i figure they probably won't believe me either.

i was one of thousands of people who witnessed all nellis afb radio transmissions and base functions disrupted for an entire day due to ufos. even planes flying into McCarren air port were being diverted around their usual flight pattern over sunset mountain due to them.

why should i feel so inclined as to share the details of this and my point of view of these events?

how much "evidence" is required if people don't even believe the testimony of astronauts before the united nations concerning their encounters?

plenty of reports from those whose credentials and credibility far outweigh mine. i was just a fire alarm communications center nco. Why believe a firefighter over astronauts and other more learned proffessionals?

so i say i won't share all my experiences with ufos until those who need me to share that information explain to me how they can so easily disregard and/or ignore the experiences of those more qualified and credible than they are, or i am.

share my pictures i took?
why? aren't there enough pics of ufos already?

share my story i experienced?
why? aren't there enough stories of experiences with ufos already?

life is far more easier if ....

i never saw any ufos, and i don't know anything about them whatsoever.

what is a "ufo"??

i have thumbs,
ET

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Sure. Now whether or not they think I'm sane afterwords is another thing entirely

Seriously though, I have told people about my various encounters with the unknown... The responses are generally spread out between "You're nuts, and should be locked up" to "Cool, when are you leaving, and can I come?", though usually a bit less extreme than either one of those...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Sure. Now whether or not they think I'm sane afterwords is another thing entirely

Seriously though, I have told people about my various encounters with the unknown... The responses are generally spread out between "You're nuts, and should be locked up" to "Cool, when are you leaving, and can I come?", though usually a bit less extreme than either one of those...

It pisses me off when people say that crap. At least with my story, there were two other parties, one of which was an entire family, and what that family observed was 12 times what I saw. The say they saw dozens! They look at me like I am crazy when I tell them this, but my sighting pales in comparison to the family's sighting. Do they think the entire family is crazy or tripping or something?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Well, not only I told people I saw UFOs but I also called 999 (same thing as 911 in the UK)...

After all, don't they have posters everywhere saying "If you see something unusual, call 999"?

That's just what I did, because it was "unusual" and I was told I should report it.

Now if that makes me a fool...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

they may indeed think you're crazy, and the family as well...but not out of maliciousness, but because they've no frame of reference. Without that frame of reference it's easiest to fall back to the "you're nuts" thinking.

It's not as easy to discard that sort of thinking as one might think. It takes an intimate encounter, either by that person, or a person he/she trusts/knows to shake that sort of mental set.

That's how I choose to look at it, anyway. Maybe too charitable, but what the heck...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
First, I only tell people who seem interested in the subject.

Second, I relate the facts of the story (my one and only still unexplained sighting) without speculating on what it could have been, just the facts that rule out other explanations.

Third, I explain that I'm not claiming they were spaceships...but I don't know what they were.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I used to be that way myself but as I aged I realized it wasn't me it was these other people.

There are craft I am sure that our governments have that are quite fast but

There are Ships and Beings far more advanced then this race. In the whole of things this Human race that thinks it's so intelligent is considered HOSTILE and STUPID and EARTH is considered a Laboratory..... Earth people are worthy of a study.

You are to them as our animals are to us, some pets, some left to roam and some testing specimens.

But hey, what the heck do I know

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Do people say they have seen a UFO, or do they imply an alien spaceship. There is a difference you know.
I think also that people don't often really don't know what they saw ( by that I mean what they saw was not clear at the time), and their descriptions vary according to who they are talking to, and over time.
Ask ten people to describe the exact same thing, and you get ten different descriptions. Not that anyone is lying or trying to mislead, that's just human nature.
I wouldn't report anything to a UFO group, I have zero faith in them for any usefull pupose. How long have guys like MUFON been around, and what have they accomplished? I think they are just clubs for ethusiasts.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Do I/have I told others about my UFO sightings? Only if the conversation turns that way, but I generally steer away from it unless they are genuinely interested. If I do tell them then I just tell it matter of factly and let the chips fall where they may. Now, do I tell them about the other stuff I've experienced, ummm, generally no.

Believe it or not, most people have seen a UFO(s) so there is something they can usually relate to. Most people have not experienced the other stuff, so they can't relate. Along with standard ghost stories, these topics aren't all that fringe if/when the convo turns in that direction, and within context... the right time and place.

The worst I've experienced, (excluding the armchair psuedo-skeptics and trolls here on ATS) is a 'that's nice dear' kind of attitude,
and maybe a little scoffing or denial posturing. But usually, other eavesdroppers chime in and tell their own stories and the scoffer ends up being the 'odd-one' in the group.

The best I've experienced is being the catalyst that opens the door for others to share their experiences. There is a kind of release of suppressed excitement in their tone... excitement that they can safely tell their stories without fear of persecution or judgement.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I had never paid much heed to the whole UFO phenomenom until a few months ago, in fact I put it down to tin foil hat wearing, conspiracy, new age hippy types getting carried away. But then I saw something I just couldn't explain, and, perhaps due to my own previous preconceptions, I found it hard to tell any of my friends about it for fear of being ridiculed.

I live on the west coast of Ireland, in a very remote area. I spent most of my youth hiking and camping in the mountains, sleeping under the stars and I am very familiar with the night sky. I've seen meteor showers, comets, ISS etc. Also, with a huge number of transatlantic flights flying over my head every day, I know what an airplane looks like. What I saw on this particular night baffled me, and I actually found it disconcerting. I saw a bright light, seemed to be very high, moving northwards at extremely high speed, then stop dead, disappear, reappear in the same spot 5 seconds later, and then continue northwards until it was out of sight. I have no idea what it was, but it freaked me out. I registered here within a couple of days just to see if anyone else had similar stories to tell.

This is the first time I've ever told this to anyone.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NomDeGuerre
I had never paid much heed to the whole UFO phenomenom until a few months ago, in fact I put it down to tin foil hat wearing, conspiracy, new age hippy types getting carried away. But then I saw something I just couldn't explain, and, perhaps due to my own previous preconceptions, I found it hard to tell any of my friends about it for fear of being ridiculed.

I live on the west coast of Ireland, in a very remote area. I spent most of my youth hiking and camping in the mountains, sleeping under the stars and I am very familiar with the night sky. I've seen meteor showers, comets, ISS etc. Also, with a huge number of transatlantic flights flying over my head every day, I know what an airplane looks like. What I saw on this particular night baffled me, and I actually found it disconcerting. I saw a bright light, seemed to be very high, moving northwards at extremely high speed, then stop dead, disappear, reappear in the same spot 5 seconds later, and then continue northwards until it was out of sight. I have no idea what it was, but it freaked me out. I registered here within a couple of days just to see if anyone else had similar stories to tell.

This is the first time I've ever told this to anyone.

Well good for you! It's good to see people open up. I wonder what the ratio of UFO sightings of Alien-Believers to Alien-Deniers is. Sure I want to believe in aliens, but the hardest evidence we have doesn't 100% prove their existence, so like a judge and a jury, they are not here until absolutely proven so. I mean an experience like this goes a long way towards swaying me to extraterrestrial origin, but I just can't say they were aliens because I have to look at the facts and when it is time for speculation, I will speculate.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
People are becoming comfortably numb to the mere mention of UFOs so I don't know who you're talking to.

There's been a very successful desensitizing program underway and it's worked out beautifully! Most people are very receptive to UFOs now!
There's at least one program about UFOs on cable every week. Hell, Larry King was having a field day with this subject not too long ago and I don't even think he's on cable.

So UFOs have been accepted. I encourage you to go up to ten strangers and just ask them, 'do you believe in UFOs?"
I can almost guarantee that 9 out of 10 people will say 'yes'.

Now, there's another program currently going on.
Operation - "Who Owns Them"
Objective = "Condition & Confuse the Masses so they're not frighten"

It's being programmed that most UFOs are military owned. Another desensitizing tactic so to 'imagine' the occupants of these crafts. Sometimes we even picture them unmanned and radio controlled instead.
There's no harm in that! After all, these UFOs traveling 19,000 mph are ours!
How cool is that?

All I have to say is: Wake up to the game being played.

Nuff said!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Of course I tell people.

except I make it clear to them that I dont know what they were, and that they were too far away to be seen in detail.

I tell them that to my knowledge, and based on the points of reference, they were big, flying as of in unison, and moving oddly, as if not thrusting through the air but, just odd.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join