It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is the Conspiracy Community Always Seeking a "Messiah"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It seems like there is a lot of discussion out there about who is a reliable resource for knowing and understanding the truth. Each time one of these individuals falters, it's like the crucifixion. I am speaking of individuals like Alex Jones, and others who have been respected at some point here at ATS.

On one hand, I understand why people gravitate toward an individual. It is natural to seek leadership and draw from the momentum of someone else who seems to have it figured out. At the same time, why do we put such stock in individuals rather than the facts themselves? Facts do not falter...people do.

Are the facts really so hard to come by? I could believe it...sometimes I find myself more confused by the huge amount of information available and trying to decipher truth from that. Why do YOU think we as the conspiracy community always seek a "messiah"?

Please discuss.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I dont believe it is a phenomenon only seen in conspiracy communities. it is pretty all-round as in most major beliefsystems are waiting for one. people are just to dense to look before leaping.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Because it would be so awesome having one around!

Think about it.

Seriously...really cool.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
by nature, people are faulty...so when we look at leaders, we are hopeing they are "better" than us...else why would we follow them to begin with.

Its a pride thing...a sort of I only get beat by the best, and only follow perfection...so any variation of that is either irrationally justified to a religious standpoint, or massively shot at....because to be in a leading position means you have stopped being averege and human.

This happens in any circle though as pointed out...be it a conspiracy website with some people whom seem to be more studied and become defacto know it alls, to any president or leader, to even the alpha of the group of friends you hang out with...their words are heard religiously, or if they are flawed slightly, they are flamed far more than you would flame a equal, or even praise an equal...

Once we give up control of our thinking, we expect the one to be thinking for us to be absolutely perfect...either they are a angel or devil...certainly not an equal human.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Mes·siah (mə sī′ə)

noun

1.Judaism the promised and expected deliverer of the Jews, who will bring an era of peace and justice
2.Christianity Jesus, regarded as the realization of the prophecy that the Messiah would come, and hence called the Christ
3.any expected savior or liberator of a people or country

The citizens always give their power way.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

Good point. I didn't think of that as I was posting. I am intrigued by the basic human need to be led...and how we can use that as an asset to our search for truth rather than a hindrance. I am interested in filling that need for leadership with a group of truth seekers rather than an individual who is profiting from the community, you know? Hunger for power and money doesn't speak truth to me.

I'm just thinking out loud...and hoping to hear from others on the subject. Thanks for replying. :-)

reply to post by Mr Mask

I love your humor, Mr. Mask. Thanks for gracing my thread. :-)

reply to post by SaturnFX

Thank you for your thoughts and expansion. Good points all around.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by glitchinthematrix]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by glitchinthematrix
reply to post by faceoff85

I am intrigued by the basic human need to be led...and how we can use that as an asset to our search for truth rather than a hindrance.

Christians recognize this as well.. The bible actually teaches that mankind CANNOT govern themselves for if they do they will not be able to achieve total peace and prosperity, it would always be at the cost of.... hence the reason they look for a messiah.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Because all the "non-sheep" and "freethinkers" need to be told what to think what not to buy and what to shout and write on their signs at protests.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
personally i think it would be better for us to save ourselves then have some cosmic douche come in and do it for us ... because then we would just sit around and let things get so bad that this Person/entity would have to come back and bail us out again rather then us taking action and fixing things ourselves.

religion teaches people to sit around and wait to be saved ... which is good for anyone trying to destroy the world because all the humans would be sitting back waiting for a messiah to save them and the "bad guys" would know it is never coming .... sounds easy for them yeah ?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

Yeah...too easy. Yet, here we are. I know that I am guilty of a "wait and see" mentality. I feel powerless. TPTB have far too many resources. Aside from money, they have the media which they use to control people by telling and showing them only the things they want them to hear and know. In the meantime, they've created political parties, TV shows, movies, etc. to keep us divided and entertained while they work their evil in the background.

If you speak out too much about alternative ideas other than those presented in popular culture, you are labeled as a quack and you lose credibility. These are the reasons we seek leadership. Once in a while, someone with a little money and power will open their mouth and expose a secret or two to make more money and gain more power. It's an endless cycle.

The only way I know to fight it all is to unify with like-minded people. I think their main methods to offense is "divide and conquer".

top topics

join