It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

six more reasons we need a revolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

six more reasons we need a revolution

www.cracked.com

We are so lucky to be living in an era of law when it's no longer common for, say, suspects to be interrogated with live cobras tied to the ends of nightsticks. Unfortunately, there are still many colorful ways the police can royally screw you while Lady Justice shrugs.

For instance, you might be surprised to learn that right now in the U.S., it's actually legal for the cops to..

Read more: www.cracked.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This is only my second post to ATS but thought a lot of you may enjoy it. the article seems relevant with everything going on lately and if some of you have never been to "cracked" I'm sure it will be a new favorite web sight for you to visit.I had a b.s. experience with a state trooper where I live in Indiana.About a month ago my wife and I had been at the bar (I sing karaoke lol ) and when we left a cop followed us for a mile then pulled us over mind you I didn't speed swerve or break any traffic laws!The reason he gave was my license plate light was dim not out mind you but dim! So after doing the stupid human tricks and only blowing a .03 (i had a couple lol) he let us go.I looked into the law on the plate lighting and in Indiana a cop has to be able to read your plate at night with his headlamps off at 100 feet! So it seems this law is just a "legal excuse to stop a motorist.Hope you all enjoy the article.

www.cracked.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Good stuff. Part of me wants to say "is this for real?" but knowing how f-edup the laws are in our country I would have to say yes, it's real.
They pretty much have shredded the Constitution in their never ending war on terrorism, public safety and drugs. The means justify the ends, right?
I better dust off my magic wand, this has GOT to change!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by buddybaney

I've got one too, just champaign, illinois--close to indy though!! back in 97 when i got out the marine corps the first time, going to college, I was pulled over for "Driving too close to the yellow line".. seriously, all because one of my co-workers neede a ride home to a urban neighborhood. (i worked full time and went to college full time) and was a former marine i mean what a menace to society I was

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The farce of police protecting and serving the populace has been long ago laid to rest by their own actions.
What we have here is a social situation where the personalities of the two opposing groups...(the crims and the cops) apear to be a mere hairsbradth apart in many ways....
We end up with violent bullies who consider themseelves to be above the law as well as being a superior breed of human being.
They tend to gravitate towards sociopathy and they are preying upon the meek from both sides of the law!
Ever hear "it takes a thief to catch a thief"? well....think about it.
These two "opposing" classes of society seem too suspiciously alike on a broad basis phsychologically.

there are layers of police coersion that the public just doesnt see, and very seldom would they believe reports from those persons who have the stigma of having been in the clutches of law enforcement for whatever real or imagined nefarious reason.

Illustrating my point, i mention what has been my personal experience as well as what has been relayed t me by people whom i know and trust to be reliable.

The cops very often "decide" whos guilty and whos not, and proceed to manufacture the evidence to prove their contention.
This type of police "work" flies in the face of justice, but she is blind and
in many cases deaf to boot.

I know of a case where a person was held for fouteen days in solitary confinement, motitored by TV 24/7,had most of his clothes confiscated, (leaving him with pants, dershorts,light sox and a Tee shirt.)then was moved to another soolitary cell where the air conditioner blew fridgid air constantly, leaving him to huddle under one thin blanket, currled up tight enough to get his head and feet covered.
Though this guy spoke to the jailors and was compliant with them(other than remaining silent)and tolfd them about the freezing conditions and lack of blankets etc, they merely smirked and ignored any requests for assistance.
The result was a week of having a confession frozen out of him before they relented after he copped a plea in order to obtain medical treatment.(which was denied for 14 days previously.)
This is not the worst case scenario....and it may sound a bit like whining to those who have suffered rape, forcible confinement and other unspeakaable atricities fir which there never will be a prosecutuin or even an acknowledgment of the suffering let alone justice.....Thaat blind lady?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
There was a time when Breaking Alt. News was a special forum, with rules and guidelines for submission. Threads such as this would have been promptly moved to a more appropriate forum.

ATS is sliding into the abyss...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
mishigas in response to your comment this is only my second post and all i did was submit the story.if there is a way to specifically post to certain forums tell me how
because i didn't decide where it was going to be posted. tyvm for your input

[edit on 13-7-2010 by buddybaney]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Wow please tell me that you do not get legal advise from cracked dot com!
These are all false but are based in a shade of lowly possible if the planets aligned all right could happen bizzaro world.
Just a for instance "speed" Radar proof or 1/4 mile of synchronization must be proven. are there cops that lie? yes, but if you have one of those you learn to protect yourself from them. gps is a good tool, some will recall how fast you were going for a certain period of time.
Please do not use Cracked as your legal service, no wonder were in bad shape as a country.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

This thread has been moved already, if you look at the top you will see it is in the General forum.

On topic: I am not the least bit shocked. As the old saying goes, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Wow! did your buddy ever ask for an attorney?
I'm sure when he got to court his attorney informing the judge of the circumstances got him freed plus a healthy settlement right?
If not poor fool does'nt even know his rights.
This supposedly happened in the US?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Posting in the Breaking Alternative News forum, where your original thread was posted, should have given you a boilerplate like this:

This form is for the submission of breaking conspiracy themed or other "alternative topic" news and current events that fit within the topical themes of AboveTopSecret.com.

IMPORTANT: Off-topic submissions that do not relate to the "alternative topics" of ATS, are more than 36 hours old at the time of submission, or cover news stories already submitted to the news forum, are subject to immediate removal without warning or explanation.

New news-related threads that are important for ATS discussion but do not fit the above criteria should be posted to our current events forum.

Please review the News Forum Firehose for duplicate recent news topics before posting your submission below.

Submit General News | Submit Email Newsletter Article
Article Headline
(Must be the exact same headline as used in the news story you're submitting.)
Link to Source
Story Snippet
(Max 500 characters copied from the source)
characters (500 maximum)
Your Comments
(Max 2500 characters of your own material)
(Your unique and original comments on the article you're submitting -- about 50 words or more.)
Additional News Links
(more links makes for a better submission)