It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus details came from scripture and revelation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

The god of the NT is not the god of the OT?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

maybe these will help-

1In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe. 3The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs. For to which of the angels did God ever say,"You are my Son
-Heb1

What, then, was the purpose of the law? It was added because of transgressions UNTIL the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was put into effect through angels by a mediator.-Gal3.19

The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. The Scripture does not say "and to seeds," meaning many people, but "and to your seed," meaning one person, who is Christ. The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise.-.16

To which of the angels did God ever say, "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet" ?-.13

And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says, "Let all God's angels worship him."-Heb1.6

It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come, about which we are speaking.-Heb2.5

For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham's descendants.-.16

In other words, it is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring.-Rom9.8

At that time the son born in the ordinary way persecuted the son born by the power of the Spirit. It is the same now.-Gal4.29

Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you for the prize.-Col2.18

Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is a new creation.-Gal6.15

For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.-John1.17

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."-Acts4.12

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Thanks, but I'm not seeing how that makes it a different god.

Charles Manson should've tried that 'new covenant' crap at his defense, I'm sure he would've been acquitted.

It seems the supposedly upcoming Rapture is par for the course. Yet another mass murder from above.

** Perhaps you can explain in your own words, why you believe the god of the OT and the NT to be two distinct gods. **

[edit on 16/7/10 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

it clearly states Heb1 the first quote above-the Son is the EXACT represention, no exact rep before or in times past, and of course that 1/3 angels thingy

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

No King but Jesus and Kapyong, please forgive me. I've taken this thread off topic and it's completely my fault.

NKbJ was referring to the prophet Muhammad, whom there is no doubt was a murderer, (or euphemistically called a 'warrior') not to the gods themselves.

Hopefully, I can take you up again on that point NKbJ, when it's the actual topic. Meanwhile, I'll definitely look at the information you provided. (I must warn you that I don't have a single spiritual bone in me; I'm not even sure what the term means!)

my bad.

[edit on 16/7/10 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

fair enough and thanks for showing a genuine interest in getting to the bottom or rather top of what is the truth, don't be discouraged in being "unspiritual" I assure you in whatever way you think you fall short I have been shorter and still struggle, but I heard His voice and that compells me to let people know especially now that I have found it written

a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.-John4.23

top topics

<< 1   >>

join