It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Iran massing troops on Iraq border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Beirut, Lebanon, Jun. 15 (UPI) -- Iran reportedly is readying troops to move into Iraq if U.S. troops pull out, leaving a security vacuum.

Al-Sharq al-Awsat quoted "reliable Iraqi sources" as saying, "Iran moved part of its regular military forces towards the Iraqi border in the southern sector at a time its military intelligence agents were operating inside Iraqi territory."
Washington Times

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is about all of the info available at this time. Will post more as it develops.
This does not seem like any advancement or defense against any type of action.

We have a denial from the IRNA:

Iran's state-run news agency IRNA quotes what it calls "an informed source" as denying a report in a Saudi-owned newspaper that says Iranian troops are massing on the border with Iraq.
Truth News

Additional Information

In the past few days, reporters in northern Iraq have visited the camp built by the Badr Brigade, the military arm of the Tehran-based Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq (SCIRI), which appears to have the capacity for least 1,100 men.

The camp is located near the village of Maydahn, at the base of Zimnako Mountain, about 11 miles from the Iranian border in the area controlled by the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK), one of the two major Kurdish factions in Northern Iraq.
ABC News

For more in depth talk on this, please visit the original thread posted by ATS Member - SIRR1
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 16-6-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Use the search feature.. This has already been posted. Apparently with the same topic. See site below for replies.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Alright, first thing first, Trickmaster is an ATSNN reporter so it doesn't matter that it exsists on the main board first he was reporting news.

Secondly, lets think this out

1. Does Iran wish to go to war with the US? Not Likely
2. Is Iran poising for a strike that will take place after the US leaves? Nope too soon.

So what in the hell are they doing. This is just an educated guess but I beleive Iran has intelligence that there may be a major event about to take place within Iraq and the buildup is a precaution to stem the expected flow of refugees.

Call me crazy but nothing else makes sense.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
That makes good sense Jackal. But what? A chemical attack? The rats are always the first to desert a sinking ship. Maybe they know something. Remember when the embassy in Kenya was blown up? A bunch of people ran from the area before the blast because they caught wind of what was going on. If there are chemicals left and they will be used perhaps Iran has caught wind of this and plan on stopping the mass of humanity from entering. OR. Perhaps the rebel fighters are planning on running and Iran wants to stop them cold.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Maybe the US or Israel are planing to strike Iran nuclear facilities and Iran army is trying to say they won't give the fight up.

[edit on 16-6-2004 by longbow]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
Alright, first thing first, Trickmaster is an ATSNN reporter so it doesn't matter that it exsists on the main board first he was reporting news.

Secondly, lets think this out

1. Does Iran wish to go to war with the US? Not Likely
2. Is Iran poising for a strike that will take place after the US leaves? Nope too soon.

So what in the hell are they doing. This is just an educated guess but I beleive Iran has intelligence that there may be a major event about to take place within Iraq and the buildup is a precaution to stem the expected flow of refugees.

Call me crazy but nothing else makes sense.

More importantly can the American's go to war with Iran?Not likely - the Shia Muslims have been slightly troublesome but given the fact they are were subjugated majority similar to blacks in aparthied South Africa some outbreaks of violence are unsurprising. If America does rattle Iran's cage they will unlease the full force of 20-30m shia's who most likely remember Britain and America's support of General Hussien against them in the Iran Iraq war. Thirdly, US citizen's have shown their queasyness to the sight of blood repeatedly in the last few years(Somalia,Afghanistan and now Iraq) and so politically they would have no recourse to do anything about Iraq and as we have seen the US does prefer a soft target to a hard one(missile attacks on Sudanese factories, high level bombing in Afghanistan against an enemy without coherent air defense despite the fact that militarily it could have liitle impact) so the likelyhood of them going up against the Iranians decreases.
Ultimately the Yanks don't know what they are doing and don't have the political will to implement any really decisive foriegn policy that they may or (more likely) not come up with in the future. That was part of their problem in Vietnam and that will be thier downfall in the goal of Arabian hegemony.
The thing that makes me sad is the fact that Blair is going to bring down the wrath of our 2-3m Muslims if he continues on this follied path.
You catch more flies with honey than vinegar

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Let em try we got the weps an man power if needs be, new tech micro nuclear warheads, force fields for tanks, laser turret on humvee's an possible other vehicles, im sure if it was WAR with IRAN we would deploy some of those after trying normal nonnew tech ones first...

Let alone cruise missile bombardment we haveso many instock that we need to get rid of,make roomfor new stuff.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I made a post on the Terrorist Forum recently where I believed China would be the nation to defeat Islamic Terrorism. One of main points to support my position was Chinas' dependency on Mideast oil. One of the responders to my post stated that China would not use warfare against the Muslims but dollars. This poster was correct. As I post, the Chineese are in the mist of negotiations with Iran to purchase there oil.
Not only are they buying there oil but they are providing them with nuclear
technology and the means to produce ther own atomic weapons. In addition to this technology they also are exporting long range missles that eventually could be targeted against us and the EOC nations.
Iran has massed thousands of troops and mechanized equipment on the Iraq border in the anticipation that we will abandon Iraq. If this happens they will take this nation over. They can do this because they now have the support of a nuclear super power.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Lol, I think Iran is gonna wait until The us pulls out/ and they are gonna take over iraQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Iran may be positioning their troops for what may be comming.

Iran holds around 90 billion barrels of proven oil reserves, roughly 7% of the world's total, and claims another 30 billion barrels. The vast majority of Iran's crude oil reserves are located in giant onshore fields in the southwestern Khuzestan region near the Iraqi border and the Persian Gulf. Iran has 32 producing oil fields, of which 25 are onshore and 7 offshore.

Looks like they might be protecting this.

In October 1999, Iran announced that it had made its biggest oil discovery in 30 years, a giant onshore field called Azadegan located in the southwestern province of Khuzestan, a few miles east of the border with Iraq. Reportedly, the Azadegan field contains in-place oil reserves of 26-70 billion barrels, with potential production of 300,000-400,000 bbl/d (and possibly higher) over a 20-year period.

www.eia.doe.gov...

It would be a bold and balzy move for Bush to invade Iran but they might believe he would do it. Maybe he would, who knows. These are strange times.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Wow. It looks like in a day the game, from my perspective, is going to change dramatically. I heard Mr. Bush this very morning assuring Iraqi sovereignty by two weeks form today. It seems odd to me that he would be so assertive if he knew Iran might be waiting in the wings to come in and snatch up Iraq once we are mostly out of there.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Bushs' definition of total sovereignty is questionable at best. Yes they will be independent except for the 150000 troops and all the CIA operatives (oops I mean contractors).

You know a combined Iran and Syria assualt could give us a run for our money.

- Was

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
well...perhaps this might shed some additional light....Google shows that
Iran recently purchased a Kilo attack submarine from the Russians in 1998, I believe...they towed it through the mediteranean...
now...whether this was an exercise or not...is not clear...but there is a kilo class submarine 1400 or so miles off the coast of florida with hostile intentions....I hope this is an exercise....

Could it be that the Iranians are being backed by the chinese, who want to destroy Iraq...and bog down us troops. While we are fighting the Iranians and holding out for Iraq with all of our military forces...Perhaps then China will make an all out effort to regain taiwan...

If you want an update on the current situation...Read Revelation chapter 10....with 200 milllion troops moving across the Euphrates River....
I have tried with no success...to see a picture of the Chinese uniform...
which the colors of the troops are indicated in Revelation....
Red, Yellow and blue....

If you want to listen to the actual Scanner activity that the guy claims to have heard a Kilo class submarine off the us coast....click on the link...

www.milaircomms.com...

top topics

join