It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What side are YOU on in the BP Gulf Disaster

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
REMINDER:

The topic of this thread is: What side are YOU on in the BP Gulf Disaster and not other members. All off topic posts will be actioned.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by justadood
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

So, to clarify, you still think i work for BP/'teh Gubment' though.

right?

You still question my 'side', right?

I don't know who you work for, but your snarky, demeaning attitude to people that are actually suffering because of the leak, makes me question what exactly is your agenda.

Plenty of evidence has been presented as to the devastation both environmentally and economically, yet you still ask for evidence.
Yes there is hyperbole but it's your attitude that I question.

I don't think you really want evidence; you are just looking for a reason to throw dispersion after dispersion on those that care about the impact of this disaster.

You are a troll and try and side track threads with insults and innuendo of the intelligence of long standing members of ATS. We have seen this type of drive by posting all to frequently. You really need to review this.........

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's evident what side you have chosen and it's not with the residents of the Gulf Coast.

Just my opinion

[edit on 18-7-2010 by whaaa]

ohhhh, the hand-wringing...

Actually, sir or ma'am, aggressive critique of theories is the foundation of the scientific process.

Sycophancy is basically the exact opposite of truth-seeking.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicorette
reply to post by Alethea

How did the original poster call out, ridicule, pick on or deride anyone? He merely reported he received a message from another user demanding to know what "side" he is on. The OP did not reveal a name, he just started a discussion about "sides" and why people think they must choose them.

That Cloudsinthesky later came in and announce himself as the author of the message is his own business.

Reducing the entire world to two "sides" in every dispute is the simplistic logic that children use, in my view. Life is not a football game. Things are complicated and nuanced.

Yes, BP bears the largest share of responsibility for this catastrophe, yet I am sure there are many, many people within BP (albeit not the leadership or executives) who are honestly upset and trying to help, just as I am sure there are opportunists and frauds out there trying to take advantage of the situation to file false claims against BP or the government.

Does that put me on the "side" of BP? Hardly. But like the OP, I am not going to believe every single alarmist claim of forced evacuations and giant methane tsunamis which come along without sources, evidence, or facts.

[edit on 7/18/2010 by Nicorette]

Thanks.

Nice to see at least some actually base their response on what is written, and not what is projected.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'm on the side who wants the leak completely stopped, get the damn subject off the news, no more commercials about it and who wants all the wild life healthy that way I don't have to hear people cry about the poor animals.

In other words. Fix the problem and shut up about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join