It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What side are YOU on in the BP Gulf Disaster

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
So, i just got a "U2U" from another member who wanted to know what 'side' i was on in regards to this Gulf disaster thingymabob.

It would appear this was asked because i was incredulous about a vague bit of information packaged as irrefutable fact.

Can anyone clarify what these 'sides' are for me?

Are we picking teams? Has anyone chosen the 'side' of BP?

Or are you immediately off the side of nature and the gulf and humanity if you think that maybe, just maybe that link tot he anonymous blogger might just not be totally accurate?

Oh, and to be clear, i am not on a side. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
i honestly feel helpless and wish it never happened, they're pushing us, and many people are falling

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
the only thing i know for sure is that this could have been stopped earlier.
my own government threw up intentional roadblocks.
my hope is that if this turns into some sort of end time disaster the aliens will pick me up and drop me off on a fresh planet with the swedish bikini team.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by rubbertramp]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

free, yet we have no control over our fate.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I didn't know there were sides either? I guess I am on the side that supports life. I think not only is BP and the government to blame (although they are a large part of the problem)
but so is everyone who uses oil... wich is everybody. I think we need to use alternative materials we already have as well as find some new ones, I mean really do we have to make golf balls and cups out of plastic aka oil??
...anyways just my thoughts, mabye pointless, everyone should really be on the same 'side' :p

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Geeezzzz I feel so honored
You started a whole thread do to my u2u message to you...........The question is .....Do you stand on the side of the truth?? or the side of BP/Gov???...........Since the begining of this event, your postings confuse me and others who have commented concerning your position and maybe motive.........

Many will say there are no sides and this maybe true........but when BP/Gov dump sand on the truth to the gulf, then they create another side.........and its those who seek the truth......nothing less.....

Nice thread though.......I am so honored...

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Personally, I am on the side of life and nature....as opposed to the side of corporate greed and recklessness i guess.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
There are no sides....

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

And i am equally honored that my inquisitiveness in regards to vague predictions linked to blogs that link to other blogs makes me on BP;'s side".

It must be hard to live in such a dichotomous world. Bush's 'with us or against us' must have been something you were more comfortable with.

can you reference those comments of mine that make you question my 'side' in this debate? You know, the ones where i say i drink oil for breakfast and that corexitt is totally benign.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonified Ween

Agreed. If there ARE sides at all, it's basically a whole series of corporations VS the human race, natural resources, and pretty much all forms of life.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Please note.........You have started three threads in your short life here on ATS and I am going to give you your first flag for your three thread attempts........

I am honored again for you to start a thread based on a u2u message that you initiated.......

Good luck in your adventure here.......

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I commend your efforts Clouds in the testing program you have started. I think it is a very important thing that you are doing, just for the safety of everyone out there. Even if nothing comes of it, at least you are doing something.

As for picking a side, I think it is very very easy to let fear take over and become either completely shut down with panic and feelings of doom and destruction, and much much harder to take things with a grain of salt and search for the actual truth in these issues.

Many of us are on the side of Nature and the side of Humanity, but we want to be sure that when we panic it is because it is TIME to panic, not because our fears made us do so. Now, I am not saying that most people here are living the panic now lie, but there are many who do. Lots of us have fallen prey to that as well, but we are trying to claw back from that abyss and find the way of truth. Not the truth doled out by MSM or BP or the govt. Not the truth doled out by fearmongers and panic stricken people. The kind of truth we can quantify and see and touch and personally experience. I think that is the hardest thing when dealing with an issue as terrifying and divisive as this one.

We need to support each other, even when we are being ridiculous in our fears. We need to be understanding and forgiving and just THERE for each other. We are all going to need moral support and emotional support as this thing continues in the Gulf.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

It matters not which side you are on as they both are the losing side.
Second line reserved for a future Yoda like quote.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
There aren't any sides, because since this lets say "spill", we have chose to sit around and wait it out. The bigger question should be, if all of this oil was here already what was the true reason for fighting/initiating wars for it.

This is another distraction event that seems to be going smoothly. B P, government, and the people are to blame. We have as a people contributed to this spill as much as the next guy, and Id like to say that this can be resolved, but in actuality, it may never.

So sides, nope we can pick one, we are surrounded by 4, and thats the box that were in, where just watching through the glass.

Peace to you...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

So, to clarify, you still think i work for BP/'teh Gubment' though.

right?

You still question my 'side', right?

I'd like to state that I am very, VERY grateful for the tempered, educated, and incredulous posts in this subforum. It would seem many find asking for evidence to back up the fear mongering to be akin to Treason. I'm glad others disagree.

The CONSTANT threads that start up claiming an evac is occurring, or that there are flames shooting out of the plume, or whatever, with zero evidence do more harm to 'truth' than a person asking 'hey, where's the EVIDENCE"?

Be well.

edited cuz i dont spell so good

[edit on 13-7-2010 by justadood]

[edit on 13-7-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

So, to clarify, you still think i work for BP/'teh Gubment' though.

right?

You still question my 'side', right?

I don't know who you work for, but your snarky, demeaning attitude to people that are actually suffering because of the leak, makes me question what exactly is your agenda.

Plenty of evidence has been presented as to the devastation both environmentally and economically, yet you still ask for evidence.
Yes there is hyperbole but it's your attitude that I question.

I don't think you really want evidence; you are just looking for a reason to throw dispersion after dispersion on those that care about the impact of this disaster.

You are a troll and try and side track threads with insults and innuendo of the intelligence of long standing members of ATS. We have seen this type of drive by posting all to frequently. You really need to review this.........

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's evident what side you have chosen and it's not with the residents of the Gulf Coast.

Just my opinion

[edit on 18-7-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'm on the side of truth... and so far I haven't seen any solid evidence of it.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

How did the original poster call out, ridicule, pick on or deride anyone? He merely reported he received a message from another user demanding to know what "side" he is on. The OP did not reveal a name, he just started a discussion about "sides" and why people think they must choose them.

That Cloudsinthesky later came in and announce himself as the author of the message is his own business.

Reducing the entire world to two "sides" in every dispute is the simplistic logic that children use, in my view. Life is not a football game. Things are complicated and nuanced.

Yes, BP bears the largest share of responsibility for this catastrophe, yet I am sure there are many, many people within BP (albeit not the leadership or executives) who are honestly upset and trying to help, just as I am sure there are opportunists and frauds out there trying to take advantage of the situation to file false claims against BP or the government.

Does that put me on the "side" of BP? Hardly. But like the OP, I am not going to believe every single alarmist claim of forced evacuations and giant methane tsunamis which come along without sources, evidence, or facts.

[edit on 7/18/2010 by Nicorette]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join