It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stowaways body found in planes landing gear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Stowaways body found in planes landing gear

www.theage.com.au

man who has not yet been identified somehow managed to grab hold of a (wheel) of the jet in Beirut without the control tower noticing before takeoff," a Lebanon airport official said.

Lebanon’s state-run National News Agency (NNA) said passengers on the plane reported seeing a man in a baseball cap with a backpack make a dash for plane as it prepared to taxi. He stumbled once and then continued towards the plane.

"The passengers and flight attendants informed the pilot, but he did not take any action and continued takeoff without informing the Beirut control tower" that anything wa
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Nothing that strange with stowaways on planes but what got my attention was the fact that passengers saw the man running toward the plane and then the passengers and flight attendants informed the pilot but the plane continued the takeoff without informing the tower.Now the plane would be nowhere near V1 or decision speed when the man grabbed on so why would they not abort the takeoff.Another Saudi owned jet was the subject of a stowaway who made it a few weeks ago,herewww.abovetopsecret.com...

www.theage.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

What really bothers me is the attendants saw him running toward the plane, informed the captain and the captain took no action. What if the guy was just dropping off a bomb?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Yeah it does seem a bit unusual,the only explanation i can think of is that the attendants didnt tell the pilot until after takeoff,but even then you would think they would return to land .The runner could easily have attached an explosive device or been a suicide bomber.Can you imagine if this happened in the states.

top topics

join