It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military movement under cover of night?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Just got back from a trip to florida...

Coming back tonight I saw several military trucks driving northbound on 75 between Macon and Atlanta. This was at 9:30 ish at night.

Could be reservists... But at night on a sunday? I dont know... Maybe thats normal....

But it seemed odd to me...

On one of the trucks was a "trailer" like i used to see used for electronic warfare, or psyops, long ago when i was in the service....

Just thought yall should know

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Just got back from a trip to florida...

Coming back tonight I saw several military trucks driving northbound on 75 between Macon and Atlanta. This was at 9:30 ish at night.

Could be reservists... But at night on a sunday? I dont know... Maybe thats normal....

But it seemed odd to me...

On one of the trucks was a "trailer" like i used to see used for electronic warfare, or psyops, long ago when i was in the service....

Just thought yall should know

I know exactly what it is. Nothing to be worried about, but I'm not sure I can say specifics as it's an ongoing operation. Training exercise.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
We always did night convoys to avoid civillian traffic, especially at Ft Hood in TX
When I was stationed in Alaska, we did em during the day, hardly any traffic on the roads

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Okay, I just did a little looking around and I figure it's okay to clarify.

The Georgia Army National Guard just wrapped up its hurricane readiness exercise for 2010. I'd bet dollars do donuts that's what you saw. They were supposed to ending right as the convention down at Jekyll was supposed to be starting (which is this week). They were down at Jekyll Island doing communications drills, and just making sure everything is ready in case of a natural disaster. That's about all the detail I can give.

Hope that helps.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Highground]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

not odd by any means friend. the weekend drills reservists go on would place them wrapping it up ang going home about that time. til next month or summer and its 2 weeks of play.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Okay, Sunday night. Moving north. Coming back from the weekend drills maybe?

Meanwhile, undercover of darkness? Well, this is a tried and true tactic of the U.S. military.

I see already others have made comments about this. It's the end of a training session. You can't get all that is necessary from a weekend drill, or a two week drill, by driving home on a Sunday morning. Oh, the daylight that was being burned needlessly!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Thanks to all that have commented...

This is why I come to ATS with things like this, because, well, someone will know the answer to what was going on...

Looks like hurricane readiness training just wrapped up... That makes a lot of sense too...

Thanks everyone

top topics

join