It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Structures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hi,
i'm new here so bare with me . . .
on this topic we talk a lot about the past but i have two questions
question the first -
Which Structures will live on in 2000 thousands years (i'm not talking about the greatest im just asking which will still be standing)
question the second -
Right now i have youthful ambition (or so i am told) and i want to chnage the world, for the better, and if i become succesful, so my question is if you had the money and everything was possible what ancient structures would you rebuild *OR* which structure would you build, something original

Hope this post is adequate
-Graham

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
As per my thoery, only large stone structures (metal corrodes and goes away too fast). Assuming we had the original plans-I would rebuild the great pyramids and the sphinx.
can you amagine them in their full glory, white alabaster gliming and seen for miles.

[edit on 16-6-2004 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Would rebuild the Alexandria Library, Pharos Lighthouse, Collosus at Rhodes, and the Parthenon.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
Would rebuild the Alexandria Library, Pharos Lighthouse, Collosus at Rhodes, and the Parthenon.

Great choices, especially if we could have what was in the library.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I think that most big cities will still be around in 2000 years. Even if the buildings aren't standing, all the debris and metal will still be there. As for standing though, I thiink most underground military bases will still be around like Cheyenne Mountain just because those things were made to last forever and weather a nuclear explosion.

If I could restore any structure, I woudl restore the city of Jeruselem and Solomon's Temple. Also the great pyramids would be cool, as would the library of Alexandria. Man what I wouldn't give to have visited that library in her day...

new topics

top topics

join