It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans' Early Arrival In Britain - Nearly 1 Million Years Ago

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Humans' early arrival in Britain

Researchers have discovered stone tools in Norfolk, UK, that suggest that early humans arrived in Britain nearly a million years ago - or even earlier.

"Although we don't have the evidence for fire or of clothing to get through the winters up here, I think they must have had some extra adaptations," said Professor Stringer.

"I think the evidence suggests that they were living at the edge of the inhabited world in a really challenging environment and indeed they were real pioneers living here in Britain, nearly a million years ago," he said.

news.bbc.co.uk...

There still researching, but very interesting news.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I have always believed that we have the history of human migration all wrong. I think we are right in a lot of aspects but wrong in many others. I think the main problem is that we don't give our ancient ancestors nearly enough credit and we tend to think of them as far different from ourselves.

In fact, we can look at human nature today and get a sense of what human nature was a half million years ago (or longer). Were humans and less adaptable or adventurous then? Why should we think ourselves any better than they? I believe that humans thousands of years ago were much more ingenious than we give them credit for, it's only that we tend to not learn from history or the lessons of our ancestors so much of the knowledge learned by our early ancestors could have easily been lost, especially when all knowledge was passed orally.

Anyway, good find!

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodLuckCharm

very nice post mate! this is great
S&F!

new topics

join