It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toyota Lashed out at Instructor During Big Recall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Toyota Lashed out at Instructor During Big Recall

abcnews.go.com

It's the kind of publicity any university might dream about: An instructor uncovers a possible flaw that's causing some of the world's most popular cars to accelerate suddenly. His ground-breaking work attracts interest from Congress and reporters worldwide.

But as Southern Illinois University's David Gilbert sought to show that electronics might be to blame for the problem in Toyotas, the world's largest automaker tried to cast doubt on his findings.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Seems like another example of companies trying to stifle whistleblowers and keep the public in the dark.

But whats more troubling for me is the fact that it seems like you can "hack" into the vehicles electronics. With just about every aspect of a car being computer controlled, being able to manipulate the computer could have devasting results.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Ahh Ha. I wonder if cell phone towers could be responcible for scrambling the computers codes. I know that there are certain new cars that you can use a blue tooth to talk to.
S&F
(I hate using my Titan II mobile as my net connection)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Hat’s off to this guy for finding the problem
Lie After lies. Toyota has the best lobbyist money can buy.
Not the sticky gas pedals or the mat design? It’s the customers. There driving the car wrong. Yeah right .. It’s the Electronics. The problem is the main buss electrical system. Serial based and can be hacked if someone wanted too. I always said this but no one ever believed me either.

Today a Toyota excuitive stated on fox. “ It’s the drivers, there just driving the car wrong and are hard on the brakes. Its’ not us.” This was stated on fox business with Cuvato today.

Warning ! for those thinking of buying a Toyota truck.

All of the entire Toyota truck line has serious brake problems too. Tundra, Sequoia, and Land Curser. All from 2000 and up. Toyota would never recall all these vechiles. The problems with the brakes stem from warping rotors, parking brakes not holding and or just falling apart. Brake calipers to small, Rotors to Small. Metal composition of all Toyota rotors are aluminum rotor hats fused to a cast Iron disc. (something tells me that’s not a good thing to do, hmmm.) Rotor cracks and complete factures. The list goes on and on. Read any Toyota forum you will be so surprised at how long Toyota has been getting away with the brake problems. The main problems with all Toyota trucks is the brake systems in all models. Last week Toyota announced they will address all brake problems in the truck line back to 2005. Your out of luck if you own 2000 to 2004 These trucks are havoc with serious brake problems. So now I know why Toyota is avoiding these years. So the fix for the truck lines from 2005 and up is installing, Drum Roll….. An electronic Module. How dumb can these people get? This provides no fix at all to any of the trucks or cars. The problems in the truck line and some cars are mechanical, bad workmanship and just plane cost cutting corners to the point where it will kill someone. I’m stuck with this death trap Toyota Sequoia with chalk blocks for parking on a hill. Made them myself for $10 bucks. The Toyota dealer said to me they will fix nothing on the Sequoia, except change out the rotors for the third time with the same rotors that will warp again. The last time the front right rotor warped bad when I was going down a long hill on the intersate. The truck was vibrating like crazy for the next 100 miles. I’m glad I made it home.

Words of advice. Don’t buy a Toyota!
Take if from a Toyota Sequoia Owner, there not holding a value anymore either.
Lucky for me I still own a 2500 Suburban tank. It has brakes. It’s American made in Detroit according to my VIN. My wife is driving My 2500 suburban now, and it's safe.

top topics

join