It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another double sun thread.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Found this on C2C, searched and found nothing on ATS.

This is a view through welders glasses and the pic looks very compelling. Is it the notorious brown dwarf we've heard about?

www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Honestly with the reflection in the left side of the pic, it may be just another in that spot, but I am not an expert on this sort of thing.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Link is broken, hun.

second line

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
And why is it only visible through welders glasses?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Because they dim light, not absorb it like our eyes.

If your in a city, you can only see maybe 100 stars a night. In the country, 100s of thousands.

Because the city lights act like a star itself, engulfing our pupils so we cannot see them.

As the sun dose for this object.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Lolliek

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a6a07063359.jpg[/atsimg]

That better, I hope?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
wow! so i should wear welder's glasses in order to see flying saucers like the one on the left. geez, all of you should email the WISE scientists if you people really want to know about stuff you can't see in the solar system via the visible light spectrum. we never know, you might be able to convince them that there's a second sun lurking out there and they might even credit you with the discovery should they ever find one.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

So.....waddya sayin'?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi

Because they dim light, not absorb it like our eyes.

If your in a city, you can only see maybe 100 stars a night. In the country, 100s of thousands.

Because the city lights act like a star itself, engulfing our pupils so we cannot see them.

As the sun dose for this object.

Then why can't solar astronomers see it?
They can look at the sun with the most quality, and yet we haven't seen a single picture taken by a solar astronomer.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
For crying out loud, this "second sun' crap has got to be THE absolute dumbest thing ever! DUMBEST!!!!
With what, 7 billion people on earth, only a couple of us notice?

And the sinister PTB somehow cover up THE FREAKING SUN?
Good Lord KIDS!, stop! STOP!
STOP be so gullible and swallowing every BS thing you see! There are plenty of REAL mysteries in life! Investigate them!
You are just a propagandists dream! No sense, no judgement, no nothing!
Man this is stupid and discouraging as to the future of humans!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosis111

i'm saying that that our solar system holds a lot more secrets that what we've been able to discover. but looking for answers is a slow and tedious task which deserves the public's support; and while speculation might be enjoyable, it ain't worth diddly-squat if by speculating you end up poking fun at actual scientific endeavors. but i'm not here to try to make up somebody else's mind, just live in your version of reality if that's what suits you.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

This is one I took at home through a welding mask back in May when the last thread was running.

I could reposition the second sun by moving the mask slightly. It is an artefact caused by the mask.

[edit on 10/7/2010 by PuterMan]

(reduced oversized image)

[edit on Sun Jul 11 2010 by Jbird]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
You can buy a solar filter for the average telescope for around 70$.

So for anyone absolutely convinced that there is a second sun, why not invest $300-$400 on a average scope and solar filter?

I think either its a small investment to make to in turn become the person with the most significant discovery of our time, or its a lot to pay just to look like a fool.

I'm a member of an astronomy forum I could direct you to, there are people all over the world actively looking at the Sun daily, they should be able to clear up any second sun ideas also.

And here's a site with amateur solar photo's going back about 10 years, you guessed it, no mention of another sun.

GUEST SOLAR ASTROPHOTOGRAPHY

Or, you could just sit around believing what other tell you without actually taking time to find out for yourself.

Whatever floats your respective bubbles.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

thank you

here's one of the reasons why the mirrors used in space telescopes require such precision in the amount of light that they reflect and it is to avoid minute distortions in the object that they are supposed to observe, this also applies to any other device used to capture images of faraway objects.

if an optical device has separate layers of different materials then it is possible to have lens flare effects and distortion in the images captured, even the atmosphere can cause this. so to say that these lens flares are evidence of a second sun is a total disservice to the years of science that have been taught to us over the years.

[edit on 7.10.10 by toreishi]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Amen, Old Dragger!

Anyone who even questions the existence of anything even remotely like a "second sun" needs to turn off your computer and go aout side and look for yourself. And keep your computer off for a while to reconnect with the real world.

There is not second sun, there is no brown dwarf, no Planet X, no Nibiru, no giant dustcloud absorbing the light so it cannot be seen, no conspiracy to cover up anything. Nothing that shouldn't be there is actually there.
At least the person on YouTube who is convinced he can see the "second sun" sway hasn't shown up here yet. That is so beyond dumb, I laughed so hard I cried. Maybe he is here.......

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Who do you think owns all those scientist,the goverment and all the large telescopes. Now if you were told to keep your mouth shut or lose your grant money,well you get the picture.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kodiak60

How silly!
And that's being polite.

NOT EVEYTHING THAT HAPPENS AND EVERY THING IN THE WORLD IS A CONSPIRACY OR UNDER THE CONTROL OF SOME SINISTER FORCES!!!

tell you what, go get a shoebox, make a pinhole, take a look a the image of the sun! Notice I said SUN. You aren't going to see two suns.
Don't know what pinhole projection is? then you don't know anything at all about optics, telescopes, grants, astronomy or jack for that matter, and your opinion on these subjects is worthless!!
Jeezuz H! GO OUTSIDE AND LOOK!

[edit on 10-7-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kodiak60

Yeah don't tell anybody the world will end or we won't give you money that you won't need, since the world's going to end and all.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kodiak60

Who do you think owns all those scientist,the goverment and all the large telescopes. Now if you were told to keep your mouth shut or lose your grant money,well you get the picture.

No.
Solar filters, as pointed out earlier, cost about 70 dollars.
Please stop peddling this garbage.
If something is visible through welders goggles, a simple 100 dollar telescope and a sun filter should be able to see it.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Sorry for the cross-post, but as this already came up before in another thread the answer is still the same.

It's a flare from the filter itself. I can recreate the same effect when photographing the sun through a normal solar filter by tilting the filter and slightly over-exposing the sun:
i319.photobucket.com...
It's far from the sun in that picture but with experimentation you can move the flare's position wherever you want it. I slightly overexposed the sun in that picture; the example you gave has the sun even more drastically over-exposed, further enhancing the bright appearance of the flare. A proper exposure of the sun with the filter perfectly in line with the camera produces a normal picture of the sun:
i319.photobucket.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join