It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Members, think before you post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I have noticed that it seems some people create a thread, and post ridiculous info knowing folks will respond (whether positive or negative), either way, the poster
of the thread knows points add up from all the replies......
So people, every time you reply with sarcasm, ridicule, insults, etc., the smart poster of the thread is getting points....
You have been played, hook, line and sinker.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I'm not sure if I'm being ironic here but....

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
when you don't care about "points" like i do, you tend to limit your posts. i don't see the need for an avatar either. this website should be about ideas, rather than personalities.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by jimmyx]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NomDeGuerre
I'm not sure if I'm being ironic here but....

Well I'm not.

Going beyond ironic requires energy input rather than releasing it.

This thinking thing takes time and patience to master. Might as well be generous and help a poor fella out that needs some increase.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
We get points?

No-one told me about this!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by triplereiki

So people, every time you reply with sarcasm, ridicule, insults, etc., the smart poster of the thread is getting points....

If the reason you post on ATS or any other site is because you want to accumulate points, then there are much better ways to spend your time. Even a minimum wage for one minute is worth more than all the points ever awarded on ATS.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Only if you get starred or flagged, which at the time of my posting...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I agree, I think some people are just trolling, or want to stir things up because they are simply bored. If its on a serious topic, post only if you have something valuable to contribute or something, not some nonsense. It tires me out reading posts that have no relation to anything, or are just plain of dumb. Like the ones you read, smack your forehead, and ask yourself if this guy is being serious.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
What about all the really good posts, that are well researched and written, detailing something new, those that just have a few pages saying "Thanks OP S+F" without adding anything???

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Question... Why is this in the UFO and Alien forum? Are posters seeking points only posting to this forum?

When you gather together as many people as this site does you'll have a very wide range of personalities, some of which will be serious and some of which will not be. I don't think those inclined to post attention seeking posts will be inclined to hear your words, and those who post serious topics don't need your word of advice.

How do you propose to stop the nonsensical topics (such as this one, which IMO is a flag/star seeking post)?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
"Constructive criticism" Who cares?

Do you feel like your time is wasted by reading something that, after you have read it, you decided was not worth reading?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
Question... Why is this in the UFO and Alien forum?

It shouldn't be. I alerted the mods.

So the complaint is there are too many star and flag seeking threads without a good topic, so another star and flag seeking thread is created about that topic?

Oh, the irony!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplereiki
You have been played, hook, line and sinker.

Nah, I only reply with sarcasm and insults to amuse myself. I couldn't care less whether the OP gets points from my post or not.

TheAssoc.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Are points/stars/flags really that important to anyone? I was here long before them, and would be even if they were all gone...

Isn't your post guilty of the same thing?
Just kidding....

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I take all your points away, there no problem.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This might be a little cheeky, but this thread got me thinking and I've made a thread if anyone would like to contribute?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

reply to post by elevatedone

If you were to do that with me, could I still retain access to the "Super" ATS board (Can't remember what it's called now) or would I still "need" my points to access that?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Just giving myself some BTS points...one step closer to bringing them out of the hole. This site charges terrible interest rates on credit points...frackin' usury it is.

new topics

top topics

join