It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hangzhou Airport -- Repeat of Barnaul Airport, 2001?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
No prosaic explanation can be formulated at present because the basic facts remain garbled. But there are some historical analogs that may provide suggested avenues of genuine research.

Here's one that immediately comes to mind:

January 27, 2001 // Agence France Presse
An airport in southern Siberia was shut down for an hour and a half on Friday when an unidentified flying object (UFO) was detected hovering above its runway, the Interfax news agency reported.

Most of the debate is summarized here:
www.ufologie.net...

As it turned out, the runway that the taxiing aircraft stopped on was pointed directly at the horizon where brilliant Venus was setting. The crew reported "a bright UFO", but never mentioned two bright objects, or a "UFO next to Venus".

When Venus set, the crew reported that the UFO had flown away.

The Hangzhou airport runway is 07/25, that is, aligned 70 degrees (just north of due east) and 250 degrees (just south of due west).

The best reconstruction I've seen is that the UFO was first spotted by the airliner crew on their approach to the airport.

Internet software can provide insights into what would have been in the sky along their line of sight (two possibilities -- either direction).

Hint: On one approach, something whose name begins with the letter 'V' was in front of them. No, not the 'Virgo' constellation.

Apparently when the airport tower was informed of an object over the airport, they searched their radar -- and contradictory stories are circulating. Either because they saw something, or (more likely, as claimed in later reports) they saw nothing, they developed a prudent concern that some aerial vehicle was somewhere in their airspace but they couldn't locate it to determine that normal landings were safe.

They did exactly the proper thing -- halt all landings until they could be sure their airspace was clear.

Note also that a celestial object low to the horizon (again, check software packages to see how low) would have been clearly visible to airliner crew and passengers, but probably too low to be seen by ground observers because of horizon clutter (hills and buildings).

In such a dramatic situation, people are likely to run outside and photograph any lights they see in the sky. That's actually very common.

Without the direct testimony of the direct witnesses, no theory worthy of the name can yet be argued for.

But the Barnaul precedent -- aircrews and airport operators spooked by a light in the sky, doing the prudent thing -- may have a lot to teach the teachable.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
MWUUAAHH!!!!

Are you for real? So the Chinese Airforce couldnt catch Venus? Of course not because it wasnt venus was it.... It was a helicopter, rocket, chinese lantern, private jet

Oh and from your last post on the "VIDEO" of the incident you said.....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Reality check:

Rocket launch (June 30) data and links to other videos of same event:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Be sure to avoid this link if you want to keep enjoying groundless speculations while your open mind lets your brains fall out."

I say your grassping at straws to debunk this anyway you can find.... So why is that then?

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Master Shen long]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Nicely put. While, in this case, I do not believe this was a case of seeing a bright star on the horizon, due to the fact that what I saw in that video is something I have seen in real life, I also do not believe that what I saw in that video and in real life to be extra-terrestrial in nature.

I also do not believe, for obvious reasons, that what was shown in the pictures to be the same thing as what was shown in the video. I have no basis for these thoughts other than my own intellect and eye-witness.

Don't get me wrong, I believe that there is life out there, I just don't believe that what was over China or the Pacific Ocean in 1997 was proof of that, and my reasons are pretty simple:

1) For an object of any significant size and weight to stay aloft, that would require as much fuel as appeared to be burning, it would have to be traveling at great speeds. Considering the apparent speed at which it was 'observed' to be traveling, and the intense plume from behind it, I would say that this object was a GREAT distance from the observer, as it was from me in 1997.

2) To travel the great distances from wherever the extra-terrestrial life is to us, would require technological advances we can't even begin to comprehend at this time. For them to still be flying around our atmosphere on a "giant powder keg" as unsafe and archaic as it would have to be for them is just unreasonable.

3) In 1997, over the coast of SoCal, where the population is so dense that a mouse can't fart anywhere without someone hearing it... the EXACT same thing as I observed in this video was observed by myself and many other people, and not one bit of fuss was made about it. Nothing in the papers, nothing on TV and nothing from the numerous military bases in the area in response to it. It did not even shut down any of the 4 public airports in the greater area.

4) My Father-in-law, an actual rocket-scientist, was able to identify what I described to him, though for the life of me, I can not remember what it is that he told me it was at this time.

I have, in my life, experienced many things I can not understand. Some of them could only logically be explained 'paranormally' in my mind, however this one is not one of those cases. There are many ways in which what happened over China could be explained by perfectly normal things, even if they aren't the exact things the Chinese Government are saying. It's more than likely a perfectly terrestrial explanation...

...What you should be wondering in all of this is not "What planet are they from?" but more, "Why is the Chinese government lying about what it is, and why was it that they REALLY stopped the flights for?" now THAT would be an interesting topic indeed.

Sorry for the length!

~Rainy

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing, Rainy. The disconnect may be more apparent than real, since the video you seem to refer to did show a rocket launching a week earlier, and it fits your own description and speculation very well (except the Chinese astronomer guessed the wrong nationality of the rocket):

E.T. phone home: airport closed
Source: Global Times
[03:34 July 09 2010]
By Fu Wen

china.globaltimes.cn...
A UFO seen hovering over East China's Zhejiang Province on Wednesday evening caused massive flight delays at Xiaoshan International Airport after air traffic controllers shut down the airport for one hour, the China News Service reported Thursday. [snip]

A UFO trailed by a fan-shaped white light appeared last Wednesday in Urumqi, Northwest China's Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region. The unidentified flying object was later identified as debris from an intercontinental missile launched by the US, according to Song Huagang, secretary general of the Xinjiang Astronomy Society, speaking earlier to the Xinjiang Metropolis Daily.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
We also need meteorological data from the airport that evening,
related to:

wind direction -- i.e., which way did the airliner land?

cloud cover -- would bright celestial objects be visible near the horizon?

Can anybody locate and post these data?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Here's data from July 9th, 2010 www.wunderground.com...

*edit - removed terrible attempt to provide information, check website for information that should cover what you are looking for, Jim.

- Fry

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Fryaga]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
swamp gas
flares
venus
bird poop
boogers
fleas
ticks
dust balls
spit wads
flurry
illusion
drug hallucination
swamp gas
bug intercourse
wind incursion
daydreaming

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Paradigm2012]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
We also need meteorological data from the airport that evening,
related to:

wind direction -- i.e., which way did the airliner land?

cloud cover -- would bright celestial objects be visible near the horizon?

Can anybody locate and post these data?

go get em JIMBOB do it for you best buddy Don Ecker

Don will be proud you ol buddy ol pal you.

get em tiger

new topics

top topics

join