It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

info on Sig sauer p220

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
hello all. I'm new here. So far I think this is the coolest web site EVER!

With that being said, lets move on. Recently i got one hell of a gun!!!!! A Sig Sauer P220, 9mm, euro-style. No, it's not the greatest, but I like it.

Question-

I'm at the range one day and range officer is telling me what a great gun (price) I got. He also said the U.S. Navy S.E.A.L.s use this gun. I can't find anything on line to back this up. I can't think why they wouldn't other then it could be a .45cal. Last line is a joke ( some here don't seem to have any humor). The only thing I don't like is 9mm, .45's are my handgun of choice.

Any info on P220's being used by Navy, or other spec. ops. would be very welcomed.
Thank you to all those that have any info.

[edit on 15-6-2004 by castellammare78]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I love SIGs. I suggest you check out this board: SIGforum.

There's lots of info there regarding your question, and lots of members who are willing to answer any questions you have.

(Mods: I realize this is technically against the rules, but I think this is the most appropriate response to the question. )

[edit on 6/15/2004 by PurdueNuc]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Wonders and wisdom of google gave me this-

world.guns.ru...

Now I must scarfice somthing....hmmm...

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I carried a P220 .45 for years, eventually moving to a Glock21. Sig has a P226 9mm designed to specs for the US Navy SEALs:
P226 Navy -straight from the horse's mouth.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
shoot!!!!!!!!
It would have been cool to say "yeah, I know it's a cool gun, thats why the seals use them". Still my new toy, I'll be pulling this out the gun bag first at the range for a long time to come.

Guess I can start saving for the real deal. The Sig Sauer P226-Navy. Plus it's a .45, back to roots.
9mm feels like a .22 does after I shot my rifle ( Savage 110 7.62mm ). I like big boom, big holes, little groups.

thanks guys, looks like this is a done deal.

I'd love to put up some pics of my steel. However I don't have any on line, there on my hard drive. The only thing I see to post pics ask for a URL address. I know this isn't the tech help page, any advise for a newbie?

top topics

join