It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Problem with a 'V' like contact scenario

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Hey guys, i apologize if this is in the wrong section, but the gray area is where i thought would be the best place to put this thread...

So i started watching V, and besides the obvious fear mongering and anti-ET propaganda-ish materials, it's a pretty decent show. While watching it, i was trying to think if something like this could happen where aliens land, seem like saviors, but are evil...

There is a huge problem with this scenario. What happened to the gov't? I mean i know the V's infiltrated many places, but if that were to happen here, wouldn't there be a war between the V's and the black budget gov't? The gov't just disappeared! I cannot see that happening here unless the gov't is in on it. Granted, the gov't has their own agenda, but i would think there would be a bit of a cautious reaction.

If V's were to hover over our world like that, either they would be attacked and shot down, or allowed to land in a HEAVILY armed and secure location. It seems like a lot of that show is not realistic, just fear mongering.

What do you think? 'V' scenario: realistic or unrealistic?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I think it would be an interesting set up, thats why we must be cautious. The Day the Earth stood still was a lil more realistic! Light ships and all.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It seems unrealistic. The show is cool but it's very unrealistic in comparison with a lot of other scifi.
Like how could the humans have blown up all of Anna's hybrid eggs without being detected at the end of last season?
what , they don't have cameras on board the V ship? That's just silly.
So the show is good , but IMHO it's too dislocated in terms of the storyline to represent anything that resembles a real life hypothetical.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Ok I will give this an honest assessment for the sake of fun, since I liked the show as well.

Supposedly, V aliens had already been here on Earth for sometime. They infiltrated various levels of legal and government agencies, as well as just spread through the populace. Now, lets suppose that in the dark antichambers of those government meeting rooms, the ones we are not privy to or supposed to know about, there was a deal made. A deal made on a global scale. They could have been working for years to prepare government and military ranking officials for the day the ships cometh.

The GenPop would not have any knowledge of this, just like we are not allowed to know what goes on inside those secret bunkers and enclaves today. With enough of the V spread throughout world politics and making promises so grand based on their technology, world leaders would likely unify and go along with it. All the while, the people think we are at odds and war with one another, when in reality that is the devisive smoke screen that allows the V to just pop in out of no where with no hostility or outright reaction from governments and military.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

So i started watching V, and besides the obvious fear mongering and anti-ET propaganda-ish materials, it's a pretty decent show.

That alone shows that you take a tv show remake way to serriously.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I only watched part of the first episode and, I must say that I agree: it is very unrealistic.
The writers seem to have a very idealistic view of both humans and other races. From what I remember, the church being filled was the most ludicrous of all aspects of the pilot: people are becoming more and more nonreligious nowadays, the existence of extra-terrestrials would only fuel atheism, not religiosity.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by FoxMulderX]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Uh, shouldn't this be in BTS?
The main problem I see is that it's not likely at all that aliens would arrive here in space ships in reality. It's all bad TV science fiction.
geeeez

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

You did see the size and quantity of those ships?

I don't think we'd be attacking them straight off the bat.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

See, that's the show in a nutshell.
You forgot about the flu vaccine though

And people don't think the show is realistic :shk:

Your description is about as real as it gets! Minus the aliens....

Maybe

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Excluding aliens being evil, the PROBLEM is that the government is a bunch of idiots and would rather shoot the aliens then let them land.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I hate this show so much. It isn't believable or interesting. Aliens should do something alien or get off the screen. Anyway, I predict the V's are technologically advanced dinosaurs who abandoned the earth ahead of the asteroid impact, and are returning to reclaim their home.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Its stopped here in the uk, perhaps its the end of the series, or maybe something else.... What i want to know is why didnt we see more fifth column members, i mean, an fbi agent, a priest and a hard man are hardly gonna take on an entire alien species, having said that ive enjoyed it but i actually prefer the original v series, (better hairstyles!!).

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Its stopped here in the uk, perhaps its the end of the series, or maybe something else.... What i want to know is why didnt we see more fifth column members, i mean, an fbi agent, a priest and a hard man are hardly gonna take on an entire alien species, having said that ive enjoyed it but i actually prefer the original v series, (better hairstyles!!).

Ya know, David Icke styles his hair like the main character dude from the V film, speaking of classic V and hairstyles.

new topics

top topics

join