It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media lies to increase public fear?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicodin

The tube man....

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

thanks for reminding me.. saw that when i was a kid, loved it.

Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicodin

You're most welcome.

It's nice/important to be reminded from time to time.
It's a shame that more people don't realise/understand that the TV is a pretty potent and misused force.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I don’t have a fanatical mistrust of the average police officer on the beat or the general media for that matter, the government yes.

I think police were right in their assessment that he was a thread to the public. Let’s not forget aside from the shootings he robbed a chippy and someone’s house and he had just got out of jail for assault. In short he was not a “nice” guy. The public were at risk from day one as the threat to the police compromised their capability to safely maintain law and order and this puts the public at risk. I would assume they had intelligence there was a thread to specific members of the public who Moat had past grievances with or possible the threat being posed by him robbing houses.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Its kinda scary, the last generation that lived their young lifes without the telly in their living rooms, is the only ones left to see this madness, when our kids is born into this and never ever felt how it is without.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Here's an odd bit of the tale...

Moaty was a doorman (hence how he could get hold of a sawn-off) in Newcastle. Being a doorman he met Gazza. Anyway, Gazza's a good lad, just misled by his hectic life... he went along to Moat's last stand to give a helping hand....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
somthing aint right about this.i dont know what it is but somthing stinks.100 armed police,sas and god knows who else,then he,s walking down a street right in the centre of the police operation.his brother offered to talk to him when he was cornered but the police turned him down.i havent seen one news report where you can here a shot gun blast.i havent seen one photo of moat cornered and can see his face.i honestly wonder if he died that night or earlier.not condoning him but somthing stinks.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by papillon63
somthing aint right about this.i dont know what it is but somthing stinks.100 armed police,sas and god knows who else,then he,s walking down a street right in the centre of the police operation.his brother offered to talk to him when he was cornered but the police turned him down.i havent seen one news report where you can here a shot gun blast.i havent seen one photo of moat cornered and can see his face.i honestly wonder if he died that night or earlier.not condoning him but somthing stinks.

Yeah and the coppers giving a statement were saying:
"It appears he has shot himself"
They were vague as hell about it. Wonder what Gazza saw?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Dangerous

dan·ger·ous

[deyn-jer-uhs, deynj-ruhs]

–adjective

1. used by governments and media to manipulate and control people.

2. full of danger or risk; causing danger; perilous; risky; hazardous; unsafe.

3. able or likely to cause physical injury: a dangerous criminal.

Be afraid people.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
my mrs bought the sun "newspaper" today.looking through it i noticed half a dozen photos or more about the raoul moat stand off.all the photos were crystal clear and in focus apart from one.the only photo showing raoul moat was a blurry photo of "somone"holding some object to his head.didnt look through any other uk papers so if a clearer photo was printed in any newspaper please let me know just so i can satisfy my own doubts about all this.many thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join