It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Terror Stop Powers Stripped Following European Court Ruling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Police Terror Stop Powers Stripped Following European Court Ruling

www.prisonplanet.com

Police powers to stop and search anyone without reasonable suspicion under terrorism laws have been revoked by the British government following a recent ruling by the European Court of Human Rights that stated they were illegal.

The Home Secretary Theresa May today stated:

“In order to comply with the judgment, but avoid pre-empting the review of counter-terrorism legislation, I have decided to introduce interim guidelines for the police.”

“I am therefore changing the test for authorisation for the use of section 44 powers from requiring a search to be ‘expedient’ for the p
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
THIS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

I have been stopped by the cops when im back home in the UK under "section 44". The police can use this to stop anyone for anything.... Ha ha not now!!!!

Although i support the police in crime busting this was just a big brother assault on freedom and the cronies in Brussels have deemed it unlawfull!!!!

Go British People!

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Master Shen long]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Congratulations on the victory. There have been countless videos of police and patrol units stopping photographers, tourists, film crews, and daily citizens under this Section 44 Terrorist law that actually made the police and the like more terrorizing than actual terrorists.

This is by far and wide a major recovery of freedom. Again, grats on the win.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

Good news ! Europeans should be proud that human rights are still protected there unlike here in USA.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Thanks peeps.....

This realy a big step in the correct footing. But the tin foil on me sais "WHY"?

But im not going to derail my own thread just yet... I leave that for someone else to do.

But yea this is real big and thanks for the congratulations!!!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Good news over there ... now more BS should be banned over there and over here in the USA, all over the world actually.......... only in our dreams uh

top topics

join