It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LeBron James says he'll join Wade, Bosh with Miami Heat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

LeBron James says he'll join Wade, Bosh with Miami Heat

www.usatoday.com

GREENWICH, Conn. (AP) — LeBron James (FSY), the NBA's reigning two-time MVP, ended months of speculation and suspense by telling the world Thursday night that he'll play basketball for the Miami Heat next season.

The move will unite James with the other prized free agents from the 2010 offseason, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, in Miami.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I was born and raised, and still living in Ohio so this comes as HORRIBLE news for me. Lebron James has done AMAZING things for the basketball program in Cleveland, not to mention the hype he has brought to the city.

Ultimately, he made the decision to join Wade and Bosh on the Miami Heat. Keep an eye on these 3 folks, future NBA Champs right there.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I loved Lebron James. I only started watching basketball because of him.

He just turned his back on the best fanbase an athlete can ever have. He will go to Miami and maybe win some championships.... but those fans will never love him like we did.

Ohio fans, in general, are absolutely crazy. They aren't the type of fans one would like to eternally tick off.

This whole thing was stupid. I lost a lot of respect for LeBron either way he went.
Even if he stayed, he turned his free agency into a media circus. He got his own show on ESPN for it, and ultimately, sold out the people that had his back over all these years.

He lost his reset button. He could lose at the end of a season and his fans still had his back. We would have had his back even if he never won a Chip. He did the one thing he could have done to lose that. Every game, every season, and every possession that doesn't work out for him, he will be taking the blame and ridicule alone.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
As much as LeBron turned his back on Cleveland, the owner throwing a curse on LeBron was even more pathetic.

How on Earth is an owner not a smart enough businessman to know beforehand, or at least have a good enough idea that James is going somewhere else to at least work out a deal where they get something in return???? It was a pathetic display by both parties. The Cavaliers not going out and getting a top flight player at the trade deadline to help James win a championship must've been, in hindsight, the final nail in the coffin.

The Cleveland franchise is dead and will have moved to another city within five years. I'm thinking Seattle might want an NBA team back.

Peace

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
FACEBOOK UPDATE: LeBron James is now in a relationship, with LeBron James.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

The Cavaliers not going out and getting a top flight player at the trade deadline to help James win a championship must've been, in hindsight, the final nail in the coffin.

Yup. It was obvious to me that he was very frustrated in cleveland. Last year I remember him going deep in the playoffs but got ousted by Orlando. I think one game he had a triple double with over 40 pts. Near the end of the game he was cramping up from playing so hard. They still lost and in the postgame interview he said "i don't know. if there's something more I can do?" etc.

This year he had a bad playoff run and it was noted that at times (he) looked disinterested. I think at a certain point he realized cleveland was going to lose again and he was just tired of it. He lost his faith in the cleveland management, the other players, etc. The only thing that held him back was his loyalty to his fans.

I think that is partly why he seemed distracted in the recent NBA playoffs. Once he realized he was going to lose again, he began to look beyond life in cleveland.. the only thing that bothered him was ditching his hometown fans. I think it was very stressful and hard on him. But ultimately James wants to win the rings. Miami was his best shot and he went for it. I say good for him.

top topics

join