It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Anti-HIV Weapons Found in Immune System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

New Anti-HIV Weapons Found in Immune System

news.search.yahoo.com

Scientists report they've discovered possible new weapons in the war against HIV: antibody "soldiers" in the immune system that might prevent the AIDS virus from invading human cells.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

The findings "show that the immune system can make very potent antibodies against HIV," said Dr. John Mascola, a vaccine researcher and co-author of two new studies published online July 8 in the journal Science.

Well this is some good news. I am really excited to see some progress in the fight against HIV and AIDS. Let's just hope that this materializes to the public patients and not buried in the history where good ideas go to die.

"The goal is to vaccinate individuals and have their own immune systems make an antibody like this," he said. "To do that, we have to design a new vaccine, study it first in animal models, and then try it in small scale human studies, and see if it does what we expect it to do. That takes a quite a bit of time and effort."

I hope it doesn't take too long. *fingers crossed*

AAC

news.search.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Yeah, it's probably the "make you die" shot. You're guaranteed not to get AIDS then.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Ongoing Thread

This is though a great discovery and it opens a route less traveled for other possible treatments for a range of different diseases.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This ticks me off, because they had the cure for the AID's and HIV for a very very long time now. Kept away in secret keeping the public uninformed!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
This is fairly common knowledge amosngt HIV people, so ive read. the problem is..when HIV infects you, it is duplicating itself so much fast than yuor immune system, overrruning the antibodys*

top topics

join