It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7,000 US Troops to Costa Rica and 46 US Warships?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
When government sounds "reasonable", war and depression also sound "reasonable"

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Well, all I can say, is that if ALL of the US Military, is overseas, for THE GREAT COLLAPSE (TM), it VERY convenient, that we have 300,000 (est.)FOREIGN TROOPS, hidden HERE, on our military bases. I'll betch, dollars to donuts, THEY won't ming "violating a Constitution", while putting-down domestic riots.
MY opinion?? I spent a weekend, a few weeks, ago, making damn-sure, EVERY rifle that I own, is sighted-in!

The FIRST blue-helmet I see, on MY dead-end road, I'm going to have some new toys, the blue-helmet no longer needing them!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
Hugo chavez is still in power, and his form of Bolivarian government is increasingly popular in the face of increasing US militancy, along with the continuing rise of fascism around the world. There is a regional standoff developing in South America.

Hugo Chavez' form of government is more popular?...
Not according to the Venezuelan people I have talked to... You obviously need to check out what has been happening in Venezuela, Chavez even wanted to be in power as long as he lives, and has gone against his word many times...

Chavez is in power through militancy, his thugs beating on people, and Chavez taking over everything he wants.... Nice form of government...

[edit on 9-7-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
good find, OP

thanks for posting this

it's all about the drugs, see?

because drugs are bad.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Some nation (leader ) does not want the NWO : ( designed by USA and other )

And they want to continu capitalism and growth a lot more ( but that mean usa and other devolopped country , to become the under develloped country : and that will not happen ).

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
The 'drug' explanation is total bull-oney. Whilst they open the border in Arizona to allow drug runners free entry, they send ships to Costa Rica to 'control drugs'???? Totaly fabricated story, as usual. Man, they think their dumbing down of the population has been more successful than it actually is. No-one with even one functional brain cell would believe this vile, evil nonsense. It's more likely that they want to faciitate the nazi cia drug business.

As to the real reason they are down there, it's open to speculation. This bunch of 'psycopaths on steroids' is capable of any evil thing you can imagine, and more. I have to say my first thought, like other posts on here, is that they are clearing US troops out of the country because they expect an uprising. Perhaps they are even going to attempt to manufacture an uprising through their mind control technology. What better excuse to impose the martial law they have obviously been paving the way for.

Alternative scenarios,
they could be preparing for WWIII, which they so desperately want.

they could be expecting to be attacked by some foreign country, as a result of the economic warfare they have been waging against the world, and the mammoth clash of the economic titans which is going on behind the scenes (see worldreports.org)

they may be afraid of the US forces, rumours abound that they are becoming increasingy disillusioned with the gov.

any number of other possible scenarios.

BUT, for sure whatever the reason is, one thing is CERTAIN. They are NOT acting in the interests of the American people, as ever, they are acting out of their own nazi, evil self-interest.

People beware.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
You know what ?

Why do they want to legalize Marijuana ? "just for money" ? i don't think so ...

Remember brave new world ? en.wikipedia.org...

Remember the Culture ? en.wikipedia.org...

how happy days for all of us , are you prepared ?

I admit You should (re) read those books ...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonified Ween

Why does this worry the "Venezuelan" lawyer? Not much of an accent to my ears for a "Venezuelan" lawyer. There's a lot of ex-patriots living in Costa Rica for what that's worth. Many have gone to avoid the Obama tax hammer. Perhaps this is to head off Costa Rica falling into the chaos Mexico has. Perhaps the CIA has lost control of the trafficking. Maybe Chávez is demanding a bigger cut. Whatever.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I don't know if there could be any connection, but in the thread about the UFO which disrupted an airport in China, there are rumours that US sent a guided missile into China.

Link: english.peopledaily.com.cn...

Is it possible that these US psycopaths have attacked China while the world's eyes are focussed on Iran?????

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DutchBigBoy
I think this deployment is a connection to Iran who claimed that southamerica will be on their hand when it comes to war.

I also calculated that troops will be in place before sunday the 11th of juli when there is a new moon and thus very dark (perfect for night strikes).

Obama doesn't want brazil to aid iran in making their nukes.
The following three articles might give you an idea of my perception.

laht.com...
noliesradio.org...
www.reuters.com...

Please!!!

Iran says squat in South America. He might find allies in Cuba or Venezuela at best. Which are both small countries and live under a regime similar to Iran's one. The rest under a hypothetical crises like that will either refrain from getting involved or will take US/EU side.

Or do you really think that Brazil, Argentina, Chile would be stupid enough to get involved in something like that which would bring no good for them?

Do you really think that any major South American countrie that lives in a democracy would take Iran's side and put all of their trading with US, EU and the rest of the world for what matters at risk and face most nations worldwide with the risk of becoming isolated?

Please...

Every single major country in South America have far stronger relations with the US, EU than they will ever have with Iran.

Don't be stupid. All the articles you listed speak only from Iran's perspective and indirectly hype Iran's propaganda.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by psychederic
You know what ?

Why do they want to legalize Marijuana ? "just for money" ? i don't think so ...

Remember brave new world ? en.wikipedia.org...

Remember the Culture ? en.wikipedia.org...

how happy days for all of us , are you prepared ?

I admit You should (re) read those books ...

Culture is awesome. I think this really is the future.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Well, there is a lot going on in that region. I smell a Venezuela/Iran connection here. Remember that the Iranians have recently ramped up the presence of its Qods Forces there. Perhaps there is suspected activity aimed at the Panama Canal as well. The US has a vital interest to protect in that region.

Iran is increasing its paramilitary Qods force operatives in Venezuela while covertly continuing supplies of weapons and explosives to Taliban and other insurgents in Afghanistan and Iraq, according to the Pentagon's first report to Congress on Tehran's military.

The report on Iranian military power provides new details on the group known formally as the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps-Qods Force (IRGC-QF), the Islamist shock troops deployed around the world to advance Iranian interests. The unit is aligned with terrorists in Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel, North Africa and Latin America, and the report warns that U.S. forces are likely to battle the Iranian paramilitaries in the future.

The Qods force "maintains operational capabilities around the world," the report says, adding that "it is well established in the Middle East and North Africa and recent years have witnessed an increased presence in Latin America, particularly Venezuela."

www.washingtontimes.com...

Furthermore, there is talk of extraditing Noriega from France back to Panama.

Take your pick because its anyone's game right now. The drug connection is just a ruse. This is political.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by thomas_

It is not that they will actually fight with them, but in resources they can aid.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

"ex-patriot, americans who move abroad..."

An ex-pat is not an "ex-patriot", it is an expatriated citizen.

"...usually for political reasons."

Not really. Employment, leisure, novelty and affluence are the 'usual' reasons, political ones are atypical and 'expats' do not typically renounce their citizenship.

Had to get all pedantic up in here.

Troops in Costa Rica? Meh.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Well... "they" sent naval armada's from all over the world to fight the pirates from somalia.. what ever happend to that? We all know they needed that move...

And we know that the drug cartels make billions and billions.. enough to buy -- or build submarines in the mountains.. remember that one?

And those billions could theoretically pay for some private or persuded military force assistance yes? Or maybe by know the drug cartels (if they were smart) have gotten ahold of some boogly high-tech alien err.. secret type of equipment.. I know if i had billions I'd start my own space program and have a lab somewhere...

And where exactly were these warships before they started moving south? Some Gulf somewhere... oh the Gulf of Mexico.. we know they don't need any ships in that particular body of.. goo..

And so you should just accept the story you are told and shut the ____ --

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Again, my main point is , that this move on the chess board is ANOTHER reflection of the d-bags that be, know the economy is going to take a nose dive. And there won't be many troops here to protect their families / friends, and it will be open season for private contractors / UN to stir things up here. They aren't going to give a damn about you are me, plain and simple.

I don't say these things to fear monger but this is how I see it. The less US troops here, the less amount of protection for the people. Again, just my theory, but in reality who knows.

All that I do know is July 11th is going to be another big whack in the head to the world population at an emotional level, and what that is. I do not know.

My main problem with this whole situation is the fact that NO Mainstream media is reporting on this. Unless you count Russia Today

-Love

" the Ween "

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Bonified Ween]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
lol
CIA=
Cocaine Is Abundant

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
THE WOMAN ON THE RIGHT IN THE VIDEO...ON THE 1ST POST, PAGE 1
WHAT IS UP WITH HER EYES ????????

GO OVER IT AGAIN..
..SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT IS HAPPENING !!!!!!

[edit on 9/7/2010 by shauny]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetrahedron
reply to post by rubbertramp

"ex-patriot, americans who move abroad..."

An ex-pat is not an "ex-patriot", it is an expatriated citizen.

"...usually for political reasons."

Not really. Employment, leisure, novelty and affluence are the 'usual' reasons, political ones are atypical and 'expats' do not typically renounce their citizenship.

Had to get all pedantic up in here.

Troops in Costa Rica? Meh.

true to a point, yet most guys i know who work over seas are on temporary visas, and either live in housing provided by the company or at times rent a place on a lease. rarely do these overseas workers purchase property and create a home for themselves on a long term basis.. i could be wrong and do not doubt some workers move out of the u.s. on a permanant basis, and raise families.
there really isn't a whole lot of countries that i know of where an american can move to on a permanent basis, aquiring citizenship, or dual citizenship.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Are we going down to help the or train the Costa Rican military

Lets see we will out number the Costa Rican military.

Oh that right costa rica has no military

why send a convoy of 46 warships to fight off drug cartels. YOU DON'T. U.S WARSHIPS, 46. WHAT,

i just recieved a e-mail from my ex-pat buddy down there. he said they've known about it for a few weeks, and the marines are gunna' crack down on their 'communities' and 'stronghold'. he says there's a few thousand of them dug in and ready for a fight. says the drug thing is just a cover, Costa Rica is small time compared to many other countries.

There is not going to be any convoy of 46 war ship that is BS.

There will be small groups of 4 to 5 ships rotating through the area on both coast. for a month or two at a time.
They will do training and drug intervention while they are down there. as one group rotates down another group will return to the US.
With the water of the northern gulf of Mexico restricted due to the oil spill they can not train there.
There are a number of small cargo and fishing boat down there that never seam to transport enough cargo or even carry fishing gear but always have the money to pay for fuel.
That is the target, the DEA has agents in ever port down there and have been watching these ships for years.

"there's a few thousand of them dug in and ready for a fight" Who drug runners and gun runners,???? what is your ex-pat buddy a drug runner hiding out from the US authorities. or ""communities' and 'stronghold""does he work for the cartels.??????
I know its not the Costa Rican military.

I have been to Costa Rica, I have friends that run a gold mine down there.
They have some very nice bars down there with very nice bar girls that remind me of Olongapo PI

[edit on 9-7-2010 by ANNED]

considering you only quoted a portion of what i said, the other part, besides breaking up and hassling ex-pat, along with locals who found out about major drug shipments by the cia-military. i'm not trying to say any of this is absolute fat, just relating what a buddy down there said. i have no doubt some americans down there are running drugs, wouldn't surprise me at all.
my friend is basically retired, hanging on the beach, owns a few properties and is just there to enjoy life. it's his home now, and same as here if someone came to my place and said you can't be here anymore, or accused me of smuggling drugs i doubt i'd just roll over for them to scratch my belly.
i've traveled alot, yet have not been to c.r., so i can not really give my personal opinion about any of it.
so, why would the military post an article on a military website about 46, was it, ships, if the plan is only for a few?
scare tactics maybe? just wondering.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join