It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you react?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I'm assuming here that such aliens would not be revealed to me personally, but that their presence would be announced. I would, of course, follow the lamestream media's reports, but I doubt my personal life would be much affected, really. If the culture went gaga crazy, which I doubt, I suppose there could be some disruption, but I doubt it would be a SHTF scenario. In any case, I'm prepared for that.

It would certainly change the direction of the culture, and I would be pulled along with that because I really have no choice. But I still need to eat, pay the utilities, and keep my life organized until I'm gone.

I don't think I'd rely on ATS for the straight scoop. There would be a raft of "I told you so" and "I've got the inside scoop on this." and "It's all a conspiracy!" the same kind of nonsense that goes on now. I hope it happens within my lifetime, but suspect it will not.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CoachSlamYou

I'd probably go out into the yard and shake a stick at them.

Joking aside, history is a fine teacher when it comes to strangers showing up in a new land. You show yourself as peaceful, willing to make trade and share knowledge...and then you have your village destroyed, your women plundered, and your sheeps raped.

If, hypothetically, extraterrestrials decided to visit finally and stop flirting with us from the skies, I'd say it was due to a decision being made that we didn't present enough of a threat and that alone would seal our fates.

Maybe they would come in peace...but how often does that happen?

- Fry

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
In my thought process aliens would more than likely be peaceful.

They have been supposedly visiting us for a while and with technology to be able to travel interstellar distances they could wipe us out pretty easily. And if so, they would have done it a long time ago.

As for how would I react, well, that has a lot to do with the situation. If they landed in my back yard, I am sure I would be standing there until they approached me in pure shock.

They would probably think I was a statue as it would be hard to move or even comprehend what was going on.

As for touching, well, maybe I would try, but who knows what they are made of and it could be highly poisonous to us.

Although if my family had to deal with my death, being the first to make actual contact with aliens, would be the go in my book.

Thats why I would never fear predators, if they attack you and you survive you get to brag that a lion/tiger/bear/shark/bigfoot etc... attacked you and you took it like a man, and if you die, it is at least with honor.

Pred...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
It all really depends...

If the extraterrestrials come in peace like the person who made that thread about them coming Saturday (which has yet to happen) said they would, I think the only logical way to react would be to sit back and see what they have to say. I don't think anyone can honestly say they wont be the least bit scared. It would be so out of the ordinary, and that alone can really freak a person out.

The ETs (if they are peaceful) are sort of like spiders. We know that they wont hurt us, yet that scare the sh*t out of most. However, there are those piousness spiders, who can do harm' I'm sure its the same for ETs.

And if they do have devilish intentions, then we're all in deep sh*t.

<< 1   >>

join