It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I Cursed?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I sometimes lead myself to believe that I've been cursed. Here is why...

While I was in the hospital, being born, a tragic event happened. My house that I was supposed to live in set on fire. Not much could be salvaged, including everything I needed to start my life. I find it funny that when I told one of my friends about this, she called me a "Devil Child".

Within my 13 years of life, I have experienced much sadness. My brother died; I was forced to live with my abusive, alcoholic father for 4 years; my dog died; my family was split up; I have paranoia; another house (which was haunted) caught on fire; my family struggles with money; and so on. Things just never seem to go my way, and that's coming from the heart.

My question is: Do you think I'm cursed? Or am I just unlucky? Should there be a turning point in my life? If so, can you predict when it is, seeing that my 13th (unlucky number) birthday is tomorrow.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nicolee123nd

Sounds like regular life, to me.

When you are making your list of tragic events in your life, put a column next to it, with the good things that have happened.

See which list is longer, and go from there.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
For your own sake i would leave ATS and come back in 10 years. I mean that in the nicest way possible and wish you all the best for the future.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

seeing that my 13th (unlucky number) birthday is tomorrow.

Explain your sense of time?
Today it's the 8th of July, so am I using a different calender?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Endpoind

i think he's saying he's 13 years old.

you should read about magnetism, and focus on positive thoughts.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
sorry about your bother. thats really sad. if i was you i would keep myself in a plastic bouble

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Sorry, read it wrong, stupid Dutchman.

No you're not cursed, just hang in there untill you're 18. If you can't study because you got no money, just start working some sh*tty job. Than try to get away from your family and move to an other part of town.

Coincidence don't exits, make the right choices in life and live your life right. It will work out, maybe not next month, next year or the next decade, but life is long. Find someone you love and all your troubles will be forgotten.

[edit on 8/7/2010 by Endpoind]

link   

Originally posted by tonypazzo
reply to post by Endpoind

i think he's saying he's 13 years old.

you should read about magnetism, and focus on positive thoughts.

If he wants a decent life, he should not go all positive thinking rubbish.

Just get away from here, and try and forget about that sort of thinking.

link   

I would have to agree that what you experienced is nothing more than life itself. I know people who have endured much more in their lives! I could tell you stories of some of the things I have been through but it is nothing different than what the next man has gone through.

Just remember that no matter what has happened in your life, you are in control for the most part. Do not let these bad experiences dictate the rest of your life. IE- "I cant be succesful in life because my father beat me". We all know people who live life always being the victim. DO NOT be the victim.

Also, if your only 13.....get off of ATS and live life. Be a kid while you can. Now is the time to have fun and enjoy the trivial things because later in life you have to deal with the rest of it. So enjoy and have fun.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by sheepslayer247]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

No, you are not cursed. Just remember that you create your own reality. This is difficult to completely achieve until you are of legal age. Be patient, read, and learn as much as you can about the world.

If you are really 13, then you have only lived approximately 18% of your life. So you still have 72% remaining for good times.

If life is still jacked-up when you reach 40....Then, yeah, you could be cursed.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

No, you are not cursed! However, I understand that you might feel that way.
If you can remember this; that you acquire the strength you needed to overcome difficult times, I truly believe that life has many wonderful miracles waiting for you and that you will make a difference in the world.

What lies behind you and what lies before you are tiny matters compared to what lies within you.

Best wishes, Koy.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Your learning at an early age that life isn't easy and life isn't fair. knowing these things will set you in good sted for the many more challenges life will throw at you. "what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger". Keep your chin up and smile, it's just one big game and your the main character.

I dont believe in such things as curses, I believe as you get older and have time to reflect you will realise this too.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
OP you sound very mature for your age. Have a read of the 90/10 Principle.

Basically this states that only 10% of our life is out of our control, the other 90% of our lives are decided by our reaction to the 10%. There is also a good example on that link.

It may or may not help, but in my experience this is mainly true.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nicolee123nd
I sometimes lead myself to believe that I've been cursed.

You are not alone. I think that many people feel like this at times.
Some seem to have more right to feel this way than others, but I guess
that it is relative to our experiences and what each of us can handle.
I personally do not believe that anyone or anything can curse me as
We are each devine beings of lght. We are all equal.

While I was in the hospital, being born, a tragic event happened.
My house that I was supposed to live in set on fire. Not much could be salvaged, including everything I needed to start my life.

I'm really sorry this happened to you and your family.
It would be very difficult to endure a tragedy like this with a newborn.

But also what a blessing that you were not at home yet when the fire occured.
There is no telling what might have happened if you had been home.

It's sad that everything was lost in the fire, but what a blessing that
some how your caretakers were able to get what they needed to care for you.

That is two blessings from one disaster. Or three counting yourself!

I find it funny that when I told one of my friends about this, she called me a "Devil Child".

You are your own best friend and you don't need to accept labels that others carelessly place on you whether they mean well or not. I think that each of us knows within us that we are sacred beings of light whether we are ready to admit it or not.

If you learn that at 13, you will be far ahead of me as I didn't learn that until I was fairly old.

Within my 13 years of life, I have experienced much sadness.

I agree that you have experienced a lot of sadness for someone as young as you are. I'm really sorry for what has happened to you. But I can see that you are very insightful and mature for only 13. You seem like a very strong person and you seem to be very caring and thoughtful.

Reading your post has actually helped me to put things into perspective and I thank you for that.

My brother died;

This is so difficult. I have had close relatives die, but this happened when I was older. I knew the reason it was so painful for me was because we cared for each other so much. Also I knew that they would want me to have the happiest life possible with the time I have left. I also feel blessed that I knew them for the time that I did. They tought me to cherish the time I had with them as well as the time I have left with others. Even though they left, I am very blessed to have known them.

I was forced to live with my abusive, alcoholic father for 4 years;

This is a terrible situation for a child to endure. I hope that you have an adult that you can trust who can help you with this. I hope that you can take this experience and use it as an example of how you do not want to live your life. I really hope that you have an adult to help you with this.

my dog died

I'm really sorry about your dog. Pets come into our lives for a time and bring us lots of happiness. I think they help us to remember to be kind and compassionate to others while they are with us. If you learn that from your dog, your dog lived a very purposeful life.

my family was split up

This is so difficult. I hope that you have an adult that you can trust who you can talk to about this. Sometimes it's best for a family to split though, and it may have been for the best.

I have paranoia

Have you been diagnosed with this, or do you feel that you are paranoid? I think that it is unfortunate that society does not allow people to experience thier natural emotions. I feel that a person has the right to feel strong emotions after experiencing major life altering events. It is natural to feel sad or worried at times. That being said. I do hope that you have someone that you can trust who is helping you with this.

another house (which was haunted) caught on fire

It sounds like no one was hurt or killed in this fire. That is very fortunate. I hope that the adults in your home will take a look at why these fires may have occured and take actions to prevent them in the future. Please be sure to put a smoke alarm in your room somewhere up high and be sure it has a working battery at all times.

my family struggles with money

If you pay attention to how your family works and spends money, you may be able to see a way that you can improve your situation once you are on your own. That being said, I know from experience that people need very little to live a happy and meaningful life. I have learned to live very nicely with very little. I am thankful that I am not living a life that depends on posessions to be happy, as that is not true happiness.

and so on. Things just never seem to go my way, and that's coming from the heart.

I have felt that way too, but now I am happy for everything that I have experienced because I feel like I learned a lot from my experiences. I hope you can find value from yours.

My question is: Do you think I'm cursed?

No. You are a being of light. No more and no less than any other. No one has the power to curse you. We are all equal.

Or am I just unlucky?

No. It sounds like you are very lucky to me. You have avoided danger and injury, You have people who take care of you, You have family and pets that touched you life and remind you how precious the time we have together is. You sound very intelligent and thoughtful.

Should there be a turning point in my life? If so, can you predict when it is, seeing that my 13th (unlucky number) birthday is tomorrow.

I think we have lots of turning points in our lives. I think that turning points are different to different people. Some people might think something is a curse, and others may look at the same thing as a blessing.
Some people think the number 13 is lucky. Happy B Day!

I think it's neat that you are informed and learning things online, but please be careful about asking for advice online. Also there is so much information online that it can be overwhelming at times. Try to find some uplifting things to focus on offline too,

[edit on 9-7-2010 by illusions]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This wouldn't fit in my last post.

This video touched my heart.

kinda like you did OP.

Bright Blessings,

Enjoy the ride...

vids.myspace.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
So you're gonna be 13 eh?...

About time you get a gf. Should solve all your problems...trust me.

On second thought you should get a dog.They are awesome and should keep you positive.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Leonardo01]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
your have been getting the "crappy" end of the stick for sure....

life has not treated you well..tough go of it.

for your own good...don't blame these problems on anything "paranormal"..etc.

It wont do you any good.

The "adults" in your life have let you down...understand it..learn from it..over-come it.

paranormal things like curses..if they were real cannot be changed.

don't let your first 13yrs define your life...

I'm old...and wise...especially on the internet.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by wrathchild]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Yes, you are cursed. In fact it would seem that everyone on the planet is cursed at the moment. So I'm going to tell you how to get out of it. But first here is the background on the curse.

This ancient curse started 2000 years ago with the death of John the Baptist. Why? because of these verses in the book of Malachi.

Malachi 4
5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

And after some research I figured out the details of the curse.

It is a top level Leviticus 26 curse. Which is a very nasty curse to be under. Technically it's a curse of death or severe misfortune. And it happens in waves. WWI and II were waves. And these waves have been getting worse since the first century AD. Why? It turns out the carriers of the curse are the descendants of Israel. And they have been out in the world spreading their bloodlines for the past 3000 years approx. Per the bible prophesies of Genesis 48 and 49 they should be dozens of countries by now. The odds are extremely high that there is a drop of Israel in your blood if you are reading this. Unless you prove your ancestors for the past 3000 years.

The second problem is that the curse is almost 2000 years old. There is one last wave to pass through. The one Revelation warns about. That Matthew 24 warns about. Etc etc. If you want the declaration of the curse read the book of Hosea. And read Hosea 6-2 in reference to Psalms 90 and 2nd Peter 3-8. The days are thousand year periods of time.

Now how do you get out of it? Turns out that is fairly simple. You ask for it. You apologize for the deaths of the prophets and saints that triggered the curse in the first place. Especially Elijah. And promise that you will not do it again. The Jews call the act "Teshuva".

en.wikipedia.org...

And it wouldn't hurt to go to church and try not to sin.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

why are you waving your biblical "end of the world" sign..

we have a troubled 13yrs old child here asking for advice from some adults who may or may not have something "helpful" to say to maybe help this young person.

perhaps you should stay on topic...plenty of sub-forums to talk about your jesus-y, heaven raining fire stuff.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by wrathchild

Because he thinks he's cursed. And I just gave him a general purpose powerful cure. Sometimes you just have to fight fire with fire.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join