It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chatroulette.com's Favicon is the All Seeing Eye

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I just took a look at Chatroulette.com for the first time after reading a news article about it and straight away noticed that the Favicon is a little picture of the all seeing eye.

I appreciate it kind of fits in with the idea of watching everyone etc but I still found it a little odd to use it for a site like this.

The Chatroulette web site was created by Andrey Ternovskiy, a 17-year-old high school student in Moscow, Russia. Ternovskiy says the concept arose from video chats he used to have with friends on Skype, and that he wrote the first version of Chatroulette in "two days and two nights". Ternovskiy chose the name "Chatroulette" after watching The Deer Hunter, a 1978 film set in the Vietnam War in which prisoners of war are forced to play Russian roulette.

In early November 2009, shortly after the site launched, it had 500 visitors per day.One month later there were 50,000. The site has been featured in The New York Times, New York magazine, and on Good Morning America, Newsnight in the United Kingdom, Tosh.0, and The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. Chatroulette was even parodied in the South Park season 14 episode "You Have 0 Friends". In February 2010, there were about 35,000 people on Chatroulette at any given time. Around the beginning of March, Ternovskiy estimated the site to have around 1.5 million users, approximately 33% of them from the United States and 5% from Germany.

source

To be honest it really wouldn't surprise me if this had something to do with TPTB, I mean it's even rumoured that Facebook has something to do with the CIA.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Scope and a Beam]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I pity that all seeing eye...

And anyone else who unwittingly stumbles upon that site.

On topic:

I'm skeptical as to whether it means anything or not. Unless TPTB are much bigger pervs than I thought, I don't really know why they would want to monitor that site.

TheAssoc.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Yeah true, just seemed a little odd that's all. This site is making me paranoid I think lol.

Agreed about chatroulette, I couldn't use it anyway as I don't have a webcam but it seems it's a site for weirdos and voyeurism.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by Scope and a Beam]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
How strange, i was on the site a few days ago just having a little look and i did notice the eye, it was freaky.
I was unnerved because if the creator wanted to use that type of symbol, he could have used just an eye but instead he used and eye inside a pyramid!?

I wont be using that site anyway, it really is just dick, dick, dick, couple getting it on, troll, dick, dick, dick, someone asking for boobs...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It means that the person running that site KNOWS what the all "eye" means "the gateway" and so he must be in the Occult so do the people that run Infowars.com look at the logo of the Forum software...

People trust other people way to much around these parts.

Occult followers are nothing more then a bunch of idiots. They are so smart they the are blinded by there idiocy! I know Free Masons inside and out and they are as dumb as the most people in this world. Instead of babbling on about one's souls and devils and angels they babble on about chaos and order. Same thing.

That's why I joined ATS to share some of what I know.

new topics

top topics

join