It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ZDF Enterprises - The world in 50 years.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I was searching around the interwebs and I stumbled across this site. It's a a somewhat interactive site that provides different projections of what the world will be like based on things like energy, health, transportation, etc. For example.

In 50 years from now:

Energy (with a video of Michio Kaku talking about it)

The end of the oil era? The energy of the future is a mix of fossil, solar, wind, hydrogen, fusion and nuclear. While quantum points revolutionize solar energy, methane hydrate, an energy-rich "flammable ice," is harvested from the oceans and scientists conduct experiments on space stations that can be reached with a up to 100,000-km-long space elevator moored to the earth.

I thought the methane hydrate portion was particularly interesting considering the BP situation right now. There's a possible CT written all over that one...

Health

Medicine, genetic technology and health care are unthinkable without the microchip. The chip in our clothes relays information to our health management center; should we be paralyzed, a chip in our brain lets us move our limbs through the power of thought. Need a new heart? Through tissue engineering, organs are produced organically and transplanted with the help of 3D models and robots. And tasty high-tech foods will keep us slim and trim!

I hope you're all ready to be chipped soon! I know I am...

All in all I thought this was a pretty neat site for anyone interested in futuristics.
Of course, we can't expect everything predicted to come true. I must admit that I am somewhat saddened that this vision has failed to reach fruition.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by xEphon]

join