It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico, Texas evacuate homes as Rio Grande floods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Mexico, Texas evacuate homes as Rio Grande floods

news.yahoo.com

NUEVO LAREDO, Mexico – Reservoirs along the Texas-Mexico border rose to their highest levels in decades after days of drenching rain, forcing officials to close two border bridges Wednesday, dump water into flooded rivers and evacuate tens of thousands from homes as a new storm headed toward the region.

"That means there are 40,000 people who don't have any place to sleep," Gov. Humberto Moreira told the Televisa network Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
This is just the beginning of hurricane season. This flooding is the highest its been in decades, the article says. 40,000 people have been evacuated from the area so far. The article says there's another storm on its way soon to. It looks like the flooding will get worse.

There was a recent thread on here about how much flooding has happened this year. I dont know the annual amount of floods across the earth, but it does seem like there is more than the usual amount of flooding across the planet.

Edit - I wonder if any oil from the leak has made it into the area?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-7-2010 by buni11687]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Maybe Mother Nature is fixing the border for us?

In all seriousness, floods are a hard thing to go through. I think tornados are easier than floods, and I have been through plenty of both in the midwest.

Our prayers are with these people. It has been a rough weather year so far? I hope it isn't getting worse.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yea, they might as well come here, nobody is watching the borders. Soon we will have free health care for them too when they get sick, and all their dependants, and their dependants, now our dependants.

YaY. we all win.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Maybe Mother Nature is fixing the border for us?

Curiously that was my first thought also. The Earth Goddess taking charge of a heated situation in a way the government, nor the illegals and drug cartels, can do nothing about.
Thank you, Mom. How about a little help in the Gulf disaster?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687

Edit - I wonder if any oil from the leak has made it into the area?

[edit on 8-7-2010 by buni11687]

No, as far as I know. I live in that area. Interestingly, no one in the mexican government has said anything about evacuating this area because of the consequences of the oil spill (that I know of).

top topics

join