It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have We Already Been Programed To Accept War With IRAN Via Jack Bauer (24 TV Series)?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I visited Iranian.com today and noticed online ad for a comedy called "An Iranian In Heaven". I found this interesting so I clicked on the ad for more info:

www.brownpapertickets.com...

Check out this quote from the page about the play: "An Iranian in Heaven is a socio-political stage comedy about Iranians in Diaspora and their self-inflicted problems."

I found the words "Iranian" and "Diaspora" to be interesting. (ahem-web-ahem-bot)

The leading actress in "An Iranian In Heaven" is Shohreh Aghdashloo.

Who is Shohreh Aghdashloo?

en.wikipedia.org...

"Aghdashloo was born in Tehran, Iran...

After establishing a theater and film career in Iran, Aghdashloo moved to England during the Iranian Revolution in 1979, and subsequently became a citizen of the United States...

Following this exposure, she received good reviews for her 12 episodes on Season 4 of the Fox Broadcasting television series 24, playing Dina Araz, a terrorist undercover in Los Angeles as a well-to-do housewife and mother.

This storyline raised controversy in Iranian-American and Muslim-American communities, and in an interview with Time magazine, Aghdashloo stated that although she had previously resisted reinforcing the stereotype of Muslims as terrorists, the strength and complexity of the role convinced her to accept the part..."

I then found a YouTube video of Aghdashloo after accepting an Emmy for her work in "The Stoning of Sorayam". Listen to her remarks about Iranian President Ahmadinejad at 4:25 and the persuasion of an audience at 5:20.

www.youtube.com...

For a post-Emmy acceptance interview, this was surprisingly political.

I was floored when she said that she believed that a drama can influence an audience subliminally. I immediately thought of her role as a terrorist in the TV series 24.

I was also shocked that she said that she wished that Ahmadinejad had not been invited to the U.S. for the U.N.

With "rumors of war" circling Iran lately, and the apparent U.S. military build up circling Iran, one can't help but wonder if we were programed to accept war with IRAN via actors and actresses such as Shohreh Aghdashloo?

My theory may be reaching a bit too far, but I still find it interesting.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by BattleStarGal]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I finally was able to get the YouTube link to work.

Sorry about that!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
What are your thoughts on this subject?

Is this a plausable theory?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BattleStarGal

Well, to an extent I would agree. Ive always noticed that in the west, our media has always had a somewhat negative view of Iran. This has been going on for atleast 20 years. And as sad as this sounds, It was a long time before I realized just how modern and advanced Iran is. As a young person, I always thought Iran was a "slum" (no offense), and about as advanced as an area like afghanistan.

But, I think the best you will get with this theory is that is it a "convenient coincidence".
But, we all knowww

new topics

top topics

join