It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dualism and the Religious Death-Wish

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
We (most of us) are programmed from birth to believe in god and a place called heaven. We are taught there is a place of everlasting bliss. That humans are born with origional sin, and when we go to heaven we will be made perfect again and cast aside our bodies. And most people who capitalize from religion will argue that this helps people through this life, that it shows us whats wrong and how to be right, that these beliefs bring communities together and change lives.

According to this viewpoint, I agree, religion is the best thing to ever happen to mankind. But think about right and wrong for a second. Day and night. These are the first divisions in human thought. Nowadays, a trillion divisions later, and we aren't even capable of connecting with each other any more. Not to mention ourselves.

And we look at life itself as flawed. Like its not heaven. We see humans as others. Nature as other. We rape the planet because its other than us, and less than us. Because its not us, its other. In fact there is no us, WE are other now.

I argue that religion is one of the worst things to happen to humanity ever.

A statement that simply cannot be argued by either believers or nonbelievers is, "No religion has ever once done good, only humans have." All throughout history all there has been is murder, history is simply the story of the justification.

I think that if you believe in something better than humans, or someplace better than earth, it is the grandest form of blasphemy. And if heaven exists, that alone should bar you from entry. I think belief in god creates all kind of justifications for anything, including killing or allowing oneself to die. This is a death-wish. In all ways.

And I think this death-wish is the number one reason our doctors are only salesmen for pharmaceutical corps and our medicine business isnt preventative. Its why people dont go to the doctor in the first place. Its why women have postnatal depression. It may be the cause of all forms of psychopathy. The cause of our ability to be controlled by tptb. The cause of all crime. All hate. All difference. If we loved humanity and earth, I think all confusion would leave our society.

Links
www.a1b2c3.com...
www.dhushara.com...
www.psychologytoday.com...

It manifests itself in uncountable ways. Refusal of medicines, smoking, risking your life, outward aggression, forsaking knowledge and wisdom, putting off help, eating whatevers quick and easy, letting the govt exist, using oil, alcohol and drug use, accepting authority, nonenvironmentalism, plus more ways than i can think of.

If we are programmed to believe that all of this is flawed, then what reason do we have to be here and keep this earth beautiful?

I know this thread is a ramble. I'm just so tired of seeing hatred. Everywhere I look, and all I hear is justification. In my life there is no religion, and I love all humans.

So here're some questions

1. In which ways have you witnessed this death-wish phenomena?

2. Has religion ever done good? Or has it been people all along?

3. If there weren't good vs evil, what would our society look like?

4. Why are tptb so quick to push religion and then play both sides against each other while deepening control?

5. Are all sides controlled by the same people?

6. Are more people with genius level IQs religious or atheist?

7. What is the percentage of religious people and atheists in prison?

8. Would you like to live in a world with no violence or confusion?

9. Does a post like this threaten you? How does that feel?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mav0360

First Id like to say nice thread, a lot of the things mentioned are sometimes hard to answer, because a lot of the time people cant us duality as a point of reference.

I like to think that I can try to see all points of view, so here it goes.

1. In which ways have you witnessed this death-wish phenomena?
I like to think that a lot of the time that we spend asking others for answers we have within ourselves, is a flaw that most cant get away from. We think that doctors, police, government, teachers, preachers, have the answers to life's most difficult questions. All of the answers we get from the above sources are answers that we all have, ones that we were born with, the difference between right and wrong, how to not harm your body with obvious toxins, (though I'm kind of in the middle with certain drugs and alcohol), but I also believe moderation, in moderation. What do teachers teach? That we ourselves cannot find out, and those that have looked found very different stories. We allowed other to choose how we live and how we die, by both doctors becoming more interested in money then patients, and tptb not giving us all the options for us to medicate, or police ourselves, by telling us that with sin, we cannot be trusted.

2. Has religion ever done good? Or has it been people all along?
I think that religion at one time was supposed to be our connection to the original creator/creators, I do believe that we were aware of who or what this was, and when others who chose power over spirituality, noticed that it brought people together, and once they turned our creator closer to a human and less of a spiritual either belief or being, we lost ourselves. It was easier to use our eyes then to use our minds, and I think thats when magic was turned into what people think was evil, but I think was a form of what your mind can do. People have made religion, and people can take it away. I don't fully agree on this, I do think that this would cause utter chaos, but until people realize that we are all part of a creator/creators, we will allow anyone to come forward. We live in a world where its easier to believe in a red evil person with a pitchfork, then to think that we have the capability to change all of our lives.

3. If there weren't good vs evil, what would our society look like?
I think that the good vs evil debate is what we make of it. I think that the people wouldn't commit so many crimes under the cloud of the "devil made me do it", if they realized that he doesn't exist. The good vs evil should be the "Good People vs Evil People" I think that would change how people saw it, with the ego, people wouldn't want their devious acts to be personally put on them, if we called them evil people, it would be to personal.

4. Why are tptb so quick to push religion and then play both sides against each other while deepening control?
Its a form of control that has been used for thousands of years, and I guess they got good at it.

5. Are all sides controlled by the same people?
Years ago I would have said yes, but now that I know my full stance of tptb, I have some faith that it cant be ALL the same people, but I will say its the majority.

6. Are more people with genius level IQs religious or atheist?
That's a good question. For every scientist that says we evolved from apes, there's another scientist saying that our planets only a several thousand years old, I never understood how there were scientists that had such huge beliefs. I.Q. is just another way to brand someone, I know plenty of dumb geniuses.

7. What is the percentage of religious people and atheists in prison?
Id have to look that one up, but Id also like to find out how many of them found religion while being in there too.

8. Would you like to live in a world with no violence or confusion?
YES I WOULD!!!!

9. Does a post like this threaten you? How does that feel?
This to me is a thread to make you wonder (btw I love posts like this), I hope it doesn't get lost in the shuffle, and I would think that everyone would be cool... but I can only speak for myself. Hope I understood the questions correctly, and good post.

Peace to you...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Awesome thread,didnt think it was a ramble ,i think u preety much nailed it buddy.
i can discuss this for hours,but for now i will just sy this.
i think religion is used by tptb to control people.
but maybe its just a trick to give religion a bad name.
most religions teach non violence,and i believe this is the basis of all faiths,so to say its the cause of all bad things is a little far out i would say.
i will try and answer all ur quistions later.
i loved this thread because it made me also look at the fact religion is not a justification to rule out commen sense,or somthing like that

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
haha. i used to think posts without many replies fail. but with this one at least, i'd say its too true for people to reply to. i have killed threads before by stating things no one can defeat. looks like, just by writing the op, i've killed my own. people probably showed up and intended to reply, until they realized the base truths i was getting at. ehh, maybe next time i'll write a commercial bs pop post that'll have plenty of wiggle room for would-be contenders.

icecold7 and noregretsever, you guys kick a**. if this post does get lost in the shuffle, at least i'll have good company.

peace to all, mental or otherwise (preferably mental)

top topics

join