It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone ever heard of 'Rasta Weed'? (supposed legal marijuana 'substitute')

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Well, apparently not - a quick use of the ATS search function yielded no results, and since that is a specific brand, well...

ANYWAY, I'm not even sure how I came across this product (and now website), but check it out...

Rasta Weed is a potent mix of herbs that when smoked, creates a euphoric high that peeks for over fourty five minutes and lasts two hrs that feels somewhat similar to high potency Cannabis. Rasta Weed was developed after months of experimentation and trials to bring you the best legal herbal smoking blend known to man.

- NO ADDICTIVE NICOTINE

- TOTALLY LEGAL EVERYWHERE

- VERY POWERFUL EFFECTS

So, come on - nothing is ever as good as it sounds.... is it?!

Hell, if it IS as good as it sounds, there's another conspiracy brewing within that - how many folks have bought this stuff at $5/gram and turned around and sold it as something else for 20-50x!!!

ATS is the place I turn when I want intelligent discussion on unpopular topics - and, I can't find ANYthing on this.

Smoke 'em if ya gotem!

[cigarettes, of course]

[edit on 7/7/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
they have alot of stuff like that out. I just ordered opi-8. i guess it get you high. i never done any drugs before and this is legal so why not give it a try right?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
In Sweden we've got something called Spice.. it's legal(for the moment) but I wouldn't use it.. it's some messed up toxic stuff and it tastes terrible.
People over here have died from using too much.. as soon as they pass legislation to ban it the companies mess around with the genetics and release a slightly different version.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
they have alot of stuff like that out. I just ordered opi-8. i guess it get you high. i never done any drugs before and this is legal so why not give it a try right?

Before you try, may I suggest:

www.erowid.org...

Sure its legal, but that doesn't necessarily mean its safe. Hopefully you do some research on it first. Happy trails!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I have a friend who can't smoke marijuana so she smokes the "rasta" and says its is pretty much the same high but doesn't show up in drug screens. It doesn't last as long as the "reall deal"
But, I cannot speak for myself.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

I happen to like nightmares. They are a rush, they make me feel empowered or some way when I wake up. However the Salvia experience was my worst living nightmare. It was like you said, completely disassociated from my body. I merely did not exist. Justin was no more, nor his friends or family. It was the first time EVER, that I had forgotten I took a drug. I thought the world was ending and it felt very uncomfortable because I felt "flat".

I was under the impression that I was going to be able to move around, look at stuff, interact with the environment. My friends said I stood still, put my hands on my head, and looked straight to the ground for the entire duration. Rather scary stuff indeed.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

TOTALLY LEGAL EVERYWHERE

All "illegal drugs" were legal at one point. How does a drug become illegal? It becomes popular enough that the beaurecracy finds out about it and decides to make it illegal.

I want intelligent discussion on unpopular topics

So rasta is not illegal. That means it's perfectly "ok" to do, right? So let's suppose that tomorrow "they" make it illegal. Does it become "bad" to do? What changed between yesterday and today that made it bad? Just somebody in an office deciding that it is. Someone you don't know and will never see in an office you probably don't even know where it is.

Why would you allow a total stranger you don't know and will never meet to decide what is or is not proper for you to do?

How can you allow someone with no knowledge of you to make decisions on your behalf? And if they do...so what? How is it any more valid than if you were to arbitrarily decide that chinese girls under age 23 will henceforth all write with their left hand? Would your decision have any bearing on their lives? Why should such a decision affect yours?

"Illegality" is an interesting concept.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I've read a lot of people's personal experiences with this "spice" or g-18* or whatever the crap is called.

A lot of people report psychotic breaks, freakouts, and physical pain with lasting residual effects.

It's ridiculous that the stuff is legal while the much safer grow-it-yourself cannabis isn't...

*edit;

Originally posted by impaired
Spice has JWH-018 in it.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by alaskan]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The problems with stuff like this is that there isn't really any scientific studies of the long term effects, and like another brought up, these "legal highs" might be pumped with all kinds of toxic artificial crap.

That's my say on the matter.

-Sol

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Spice has JWH-018 in it. I've heard nothing but bad things about it. Be careful...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
The problems with stuff like this is that there isn't really any scientific studies of the long term effects, and like another brought up, these "legal highs" might be pumped with all kinds of toxic artificial crap.

That's my say on the matter.

-Sol

Huh what other legal product have I heard of that is pumped with artificial toxic crap.

I think I remember they are called cigarettes and they have over 4,000 chemical compounds in their smoke many of which are toxic.

The mass produced poor excuse for food that we eat is also riddled with artificial toxic crap as you put it.

If everything that contained artificial toxic additives were illegal America might be a healthy nation.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I thought we weren't supposed to talk about personal drug use around here.......

Maybe I just mis-read the rules. Silly me.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It's "legal," dad.

Which is ridiculous because it's demonstrably toxic and in effect way more dangerous than the product it's substituting for, which is illegal and off-limits to talk about on here...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It's 'drug use', legal or not. And dangerous like you said.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by The Patriot]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Drinking alcohol is drug use, and way more dangerous than anything mentioned thus far, and it's perfectly acceptable to discuss around here, and if you ask why you'll be told "because it isn't illegal."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
Drinking alcohol is drug use, and way more dangerous than anything mentioned thus far, and it's perfectly acceptable to discuss around here, and if you ask why you'll be told "because it isn't illegal."

Really? Wow, I had no freaking idea! Thanks for the enlightenment!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
No need for snide ignorance, guy. You suggested the thread be closed or moved and I pointed out why it hasn't been/shouldn't be.

Back on topic...
German Doctors Say "Spice Gold" (Legal Herbal Marijuana Substitute) Is Addictive

Spice Gold, a mix of innocuous herbs that when artfully combined produce a substance with marijuana like properties – without risk of arrest! That's what’s drawn users to the product that is widely sold over the internet and in "head" shops worldwide, but although users may avoid arrest through their use of the herbal mix, they may not avoid addiction – according to a report from a group of German doctors who treated a patient suffering from a withdrawal syndrome from his use of the product over an 8 month period.

whereas the substance it's standing in for doesn't have those drawbacks...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
No need for snide ignorance, guy. You suggested the thread be closed or moved and I pointed out why it hasn't been/shouldn't be.

Where did I suggest any such thing? Please show me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join