It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Hate Positive Thinking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'm really sick of the whole new-agey-"the secret"-type crap that people keep foisting on me. You know what? The more you tell me that I should just sit around and be happy about crappy circumstances, the more you all sound like weird sheep. Anger is an energy, and it's catalyzing. Get mad, it feels good.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
you need to hold your breath and think "love the light" over and over while swinging your arms around,sitting cross legged and underneath a pyramid shapped structure.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Yeah, I tried that: all I got was gas.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Well,thanks for sharing such a negative message with us all.

Even in your negativity you showed us all how much strength you have.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

You're welcome, old dude.
I've got more where that came from, too.
For instance, making this thread caused me to use emoticons.
I hate emoticons.
My hatred of emoticons is empowering and strong.

Oppressive positivity needs to take a flying leap.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Actually there is a science behind it. There is a theory called self-fulfilling prophecy that we talked a lot about in my interpersonal communications class. The logic is, if you tell yourself that something will happen, you are more likely to do the things that you need to do in order to make that happen.

For example if you pump yourself for an interview and tell yourself that you have a good shot at it, you are more likely to dress nice, prepare and have a better attitude which may actually give you a better chance at getting a job.

On the negative side if you tell yourself you are NOT going to get the job then you are more likely to not prepare which will lower your chances of getting the job.

So I believe in the use of self-fulfilling prophesy, but a lot of people take it too far and think that magical powers will bring them stuff. That is not how it works.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by snowflake_obsidian

Yeah, I'm totally down with that - I just hate the way people take it too far, and I hate the way they ignore the catalyzing effect of negative emotions.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
there is something REAL in the law of attraction,it has worked before,and it still works,but not as exactly as that crappy "the secret" video shows it.

for example,im sick right now and i want to eat burgers,and i open BTS and i see threads about BURGERS OMG.

get mad,but try to "daydream" more,and to DO SOMETHINg about the stuff you want,thats the law of attraction.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Aah the self-fulfilling prophecy. Its true.But lets be honest, its REALLY hard to get into a positive mood when your already ticked off.

BUT. What does the anger do? Anger isnt going to change the situation. And if the situation isnt going to change, you can either spend the time being angry about it, or attempting to find the positive in it.

But if you really try, and you really look for the good in things, you can usually always find it.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
mmmm there is a hole you can exploit.
when your very angry YOU FOCUS your anger to get WHAT YOU WANT.
and the thoughts of anger and focusing to be YOUR WAY,you actualy bend the law of attraction again. so you dont have to be only positve for it to work.
thats some load of cr*p the illuminati feed us or whatever

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I know there's a bright side to all of this.What's the silver lining.Think happy thoughts.Here have a clown he'll make you laugh you'll feel better i know it

top topics

join