It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO’s, Maybe They Haven’t Visited Us As Much As We Think.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

No, i don’t agree with that. I think that the proliferation of the Internet has made it very difficult for any conspiracy involving the media to work. Yes different media conglomerates have their own agendas however i do not think that these agendas involve supporting government cover ups.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
My doubts only stem from this- It is possible there is a FAR fewer likelihood of life evolving to a state as advanced or more advanced than us. The Drake Equation is too often stated as "fact"....

Intelligent life could be so far spread out that the distances are just too great to travel. Or there are only a few lifeforms that have figured out deep space travel, so it takes them perhaps hundreds of thousands or millions of Earth years to make it by our neighborhood.

I personally think that non-intelligent/sentient life is a dime a dozen out there. I can just see billions of planets with just flora and perhaps some primitive animals. As far as beings and civilizations AS advanced as us (not being able to get far from their own planets)? Probably a few million. Advanced to the point of interstellar space travel? Perhaps a few hundred thousand and the distance between them is just too far and not practical enough to make the trip. Just my beliefs/suspicions...

Damn. The Universe is huge!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Interesting point, I have often thought however that it could be that we are the pinnacle of evolution in the universe. A very ignorant and arrogant point I know, but it is a possibility.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

I believe what I am about to say is in line with what you are saying, but if I am way off you are free to correct me.

I watched a show on one of the science channels last night that delved into how life got created here on earth and how scientists were even trying to recreate the process to understand it better. It was late when I watched it and I am writing this from memory, so I might be a bit off.

There was one scientist that was able to create the amino acids that are the primary building blocks of proteins but could not get them to combine into proteins.

There was another scientist that was taking already available amino acids and making proteins but could not get them to form cellular structures.

There was yet another scientist that was taking already assembled proteins and creating cells that were dividing, but not creating DNA.

There was another scientist that was attempting to create RNA but was not yet succeeding. He believed that to create DNA you first needed to create RNA.

I wondered why these scientists were working independently of one another instead of together. They might be able to figure out the mystery behind the evolution of life on this planet, which might also help with finding life elsewhere in the universe.

One thing that struck me as interesting was the theory that life was forming at a time when it was thought that this planet would be inhospitable to life. Conditions to me would have been similar to what they are now on Mercury, but I am not a scientist and do not know for sure. It was also interesting that Just because the conditions were right to create life, that they believe that an outside force carried the other instrumental ingredient for the creation of life.

I believe the program was “Through the Wormhole” and it was hosted by Morgan Freeman.

Like I said it was late, and I do not remember everything about the program, and I may be incorrect on some of the information I am providing, but this is best to my recollection.

I know this is not an original theory, but it does remind me that it is not most likely a common event in the universe, and though there may be other worlds out there with life, it is possible that there are not as many as people might think, which also limits the number of advanced sentient life that might be able to not only find us but visit us as well.

Just because there is life on other planets does not mean that it evolved into sentient life, and just because it is sentient does not mean it is advanced, and just because it is advanced does not mean that it is technically advanced and just because it is technically advanced does not mean that is technically advanced enough to detect us let alone travel here.

I am not saying it is impossible but it does seem to limit the contact we might receive from another civilization, not impossible, but no where near the contact that many might want you to believe we have had and continue to have.

<< 1   >>

join