It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012, and the comming mass suicides

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This is a theory, and a question I've been pondering for the past couple years. With the huge hype of 2012 in the past years, will we see mass suicides? I hope this isnt a thread already. And im sorry if it was or is.

www.youtube.com...

heavens gate
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 5-7-2010 by James Battleworthy]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I think there will be some suicides when people notice that they've spent all their money for survival guides and food......

why do you have to create another panic thread?

why do I have to read this?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rohdan

does this scare you? what the hell im not gonna kill myself, but im sure there will be people who do. anyone who panics from reading crap on here is a fool.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by James Battleworthy

With the huge hype of 2012 in the past years, will we see mass suicides?

I hope so - nothing like seeing Natural Selection at its best.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

not sure if I'm scared...kind of. how can you be sure that you won't kill yourself
?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

The video's argument is that people who are expecting "ascension" and people who are expecting to be "taken off the planet" are effectively expecting death. He thinks this will lead them into committing mass suicide.

I don't see that one leads into the other. If they're expecting something to happen, surely they will just wait? Apart from anything else, I would expect a sense of curiosity to keep people waiting to see what happens next.

This is a man who believes that all religions are a mass suicide cult. That's obviously influencing his prediction.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I think a lot of people well Kill themselves... If you can't afford a luxury doomsday bunker... but I think those in doomsday bunkers well drown like rats if anything does happen.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by James Battleworthy
This is a theory, and a question I've been pondering for the past couple years. With the huge hype of 2012 in the past years, will we see mass suicides? I hope this isnt a thread already. And im sorry if it was os is.

www.youtube.com...

heavens gate
www.youtube.com...

I do think there may be some suicides. I can see some people doing away with themselves just after the 2012 deadline (pun intended), just because they can't face the world without the end coming.
I'll be laughing my butt off on ATS when 2012 comes and goes and we're all still here and the imaginary nibiru never shows up.
Oh but wait, some clown will come up with a new theory stating something along the lines that because the mayan calendar was originally created by a guy who was a left handed, conservative with arachnophobia, the calendar is off by 8 months, 3 days, 2 hours, 14 minutes and 12.17665435500333 seconds....or some crap like that

[edit on 5-7-2010 by jfj123]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
So all these believers that think there going to ascend.. or be taken of the face of the planet.. .. there going to get to the end of 2012 and say , "If you want a job done right , you got to do it yourself" Then they kill them selfs..

HA,HA that hilarious , this from the group of people that think they were created by a creator, every thing they cant explain is miracle, and they need the sins forgiven by this being and they cant do crap for them selfs, and have to be part of the flock etc..

Only way is if the priests or other "leadership" in there congregation tell then to, and then they will..

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
There may be suicides, but the numbers of people will be small. I would be amazed if it hit 1000 people worldwide. That's a small number when compared to the number of people that die in a day due to vehicle collisions. I'm saying 1000 in all of the year.

I believe that very few people have fallen for the lunacy that is called the 2012 issue. Ask people on the street. Do a poll. Most people have no idea that there are such predictions of doom and gloom or whatever concerning 2012. In the world it means Olympic competition in London. In the US it means a presidential election. To astronomers it is the Venus transit.

Mass suicides? Doubt it. There may be a smattering here and there, but as the time draws close and the weather is changing, but normal, as earthquakes are happening, but normal, as the Earth's magnetic field is normal, as ... Nothing out of the ordinary means that people will just have to go back to being themselves. They can choose to be ordinary, or they can choose to extraordinary. Either way I hope they go back to being happy people without visions of doom hanging like Damocles' sword over them.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I think the point of this is: if you love horror movie and catastrophy movies, well...when it comes calling, we wont get out of the teather.

WE will be hammered with horror and death and destruction to the point that everything WE knew, who WE are, wont exist anymore.

Nothing more to relate to.We will wait for silence to sceam our soul's off just to hear it clearly among others.

You know you can survive three/four days without water. A US government think he's prepared for things like this but he's not, who are we to do better ?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Well if there were to be mass suicides as a result of some ancient civilizations calendar simply having come to an end, than think of it has a good thing. The planet will just have less superstitious fools living upon it.

There will be less naive fools to be scammed by all the nonsense predictions that never seems to cease.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I already made this thread in May.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 5-7-2010 by SubPop79]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baloney
Well if there were to be mass suicides as a result of some ancient civilizations calendar simply having come to an end, than think of it has a good thing. The planet will just have less superstitious fools living upon it.

There will be less naive fools to be scammed by all the nonsense predictions that never seems to cease.

We can consider it a cleansing of the gene pool

I never understood why people people this particular pile of.....

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Hey, remember Y2K? My point exactly.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
this is a chance to predict a mass suicide event, and possibly prevent it. Theres fools out there who are being talked into drinking the koolaid as we chat. the closer to the date we come, the more you will see groups on the news preparing and such. make sure your friends and family dont get caught in the local spin and join these cults.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Well when it became the 21st century, many people commited suicide because they were told the world will end. I do not think anything will happen in 2012, however some dumb people will commit suicide.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by QuickWick

yeah its scary to think people cant think for themselves, or lost their ability to think for themselves.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
well 2012 is the year of enlightenment, its when we are supposedly meant to meet the annunaki (our creators) and the earth is supposed to find peace via vibrational waves to the pineal gland so anyone who does is pretty stupid really, wouldnt you rather be killed than kill yourself. suicice seems really weak to be fair. 2012 seems to be an important year so i cant wait to see what sort of consciousness shift we experience!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Perhaps it is not suicide in the way you envision it. Not so much that someone would do deliberate bodily harm to themselves.

Perhaps it will be an emotion that only effects those who are sensitive to the sorrows and pains in this world; those who feel deeply the despair of others and the futileness of humanity....and just simply loose the will to "survive" or participate any longer.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join