It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple Question: Is the leak capped or not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
That is the question, I haven't seen it around the news or anything..

So has it been controlled or not? I don't get it, I haven't heard anything on the news whether the leak has been capped or not.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Simple Answer: No.
Complex Answer: It may never be capped, if you believe this article (which I do):

Scientists Warn Gulf Of Mexico Sea Floor Fractured Beyond Repair Video confirms it

[edit on 7/5/2010 by Choronzon]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
No... look here for yourself.
Live video feed of leak

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
www.sanaracreations.fi...

Take a look at the live feeds, its still gushing like crazy right now

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Thanks guys, and OMG WTF.

In New Zealand news I haven't heard much whether it has been stopped or not, and also the media has been focusing more on the cleanup than the source therefore made me think it was capped.

How many more people do you suppose are fouled like me? Or am I just too naive?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

Lots and lots of people do not realize the seriousness of this issue. I talked to one of my friends down in Dallas Texas and asked him if he was seeing any rain from Alex when it was close. He said no, I asked him if they were getting pissed off about the oil spill, he said no not really, it doesn't effect them really..... yep there ya have it. I think most are not looking at the long term picture.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Day 77

Reminds me of the Carter's Iran Hostage Crisis. But then again Obama is just the 2nd term of Jimmy Carter.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Clean up - what clean up? A couple of guys with small shovels putting a few tar balls in plastic bags. Bull dozers should be used, we all know that but it just isn't happening.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by graaly

Your so right, out of sight - out of mind. Talked to some friends in Ky and they have very little if anything to say about it. I live far north - Indiana and I am very concerned - I just don't get it with people.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
"IS THE LEAK CAPPED OR NOT"
Would you believe me if I told you that I have it on good authority that the BP well is capped and the leaking has stopped 100%.

Do you believe me? Can you see where I am going here, how do you know that it is or is not If someone of Authority told you the leak was stopped how can you confirm that.

The first amendment has been suspended in the Gulf and the News Caster have been told to back off.

The leak is not capped by the way and I suspect it will not be capped for several years totally killing everything in the Gulf Of Mexico, that includes people. Some of the people will die fast others will suffuer long illnesses and others will die many years later. The clean up crews will be some of the first to have a very short life after breathing the fumes from that chemical mess we once called the beautiful gulf of Mexico

If I lived anywhere near the Gulf coast states and I valued my health I would pull up stakes and get the heck out of there ASAP. It will be many years before thing get back to normal. God help us all.........KMG

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Day 77

Reminds me of the Carter's Iran Hostage Crisis. But then again Obama is just the 2nd term of Jimmy Carter.

Really? So you're implying that, like the Iran Hostage Crises, this was manufactured by the Republican party for typical partisan reasons?

Take your GOP cheerleading elsewhere, sir.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

Clean up - what clean up? A couple of guys with small shovels putting a few tar balls in plastic bags. Bull dozers should be used, we all know that but it just isn't happening.

And what would bulldozers do? Move it to landfills?

The entire 'clean-up' effort seems to be about keeping the beaches appearing 'clean' for tourism.

There is no 'ceaning up' the crude. There is only moving it from one place to another.

At least on the beach, in the open air, it has a chance to degrade as micro-organisms feed on it. Will that even happen in a plastic bag?

Is it better on the Beaches than in the Gulf?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 6-7-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Your right, bull dozers would put it in the landfills. Your sharp, stay ahead of me - never was very good at chess.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I'm not playing chess with you. Just playing a big collective game of 'what the hell is actually going on?'. I guess it s a puzzle.

and is that true about the landfills? I havent seen any confirmation, but i suspect it BP was actually 'recovering' it they would be more public about it.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It may come down to the only way to stop it is to drill more holes and drain it dry as fast as we can. Scary proposition but could be more true than not. Will see.

top topics

join