It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf spill 'bigger and uglier than we had hoped'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

How dead is the Gulf of Mexico?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

This article is laying out all of our worst nightmares regarding the devistation in the Gulf of Mexico. All of us on ATS knew it was very bad and this is just re-affirming how bad it is. This is just happening, not being mentioned on the main stream media at all. Everybody is too concerned about the loss of tourism dollars. We are about to enter month 3 of this gusher/spill/volcano/all of the above.

I think the over/under for this gusher to be stopped will be in Sept.

Over or Under?

[edit on 7/5/2010 by SUICIDEHK45]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

I totally agree with your over/under.

If it isn't stopped by Sept 1, then all Gulf Coast Residents will need to start making plans to move. Regrdless of the health risks and proposed evacuations (which I don't believe) there will be teh economic impact and the entire loss of the way of life down here.

If the Relief wells fail, the beaches will be gone by next summer, the tourists are already gone, the job markets will be gone, the housing market is already gone but will get worse, all the support industries for tourism will be gone, fishing will be gone, oysters and shrimp are already gone, then after all that revenue is lost, the banking industry, the government jobs will all be gone. As my brother puts it, "Florida will be closed."

Relief wells work = A few hard years of cleanup and adaption.

Relief wells don't work = Yankees get ready, we moving your way.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I guess more of the GOM was closed to fishing today, bringing the grand total up to over 33% of the Gulf being closed. That is a lot bigger of an area than the MSM is showing on the "current" satellite images.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45

I guess more of the GOM was closed to fishing today, bringing the grand total up to over 33% of the Gulf being closed. That is a lot bigger of an area than the MSM is showing on the "current" satellite images.

Dam, I had a bunch typed and lost it!

Here is the synopsis:
I have a friend that is a seafood exporter, and nobody will buy shrimp or oysters from the Gulf. There are too many oily catches even from the open areas.

I think the Gulf being open is just for the sport fishermen and tourists. Most of the locals that I know are not going out much. Also, all the commercial fishermen have stopped going out, and most are now leased on with BP doing boom and cleanup work. It is far worse than MSM is letting on.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Good point GRAR, It will be to late to move based on what is going on in the way of insight, from MSM.
Sad!

Stop Listen and Learn.. no one esle will do it for you!

Muddy Ugly I might say otherwise!

Listen to Nature.. , she will be the only one telling the truth! There is truth to be heard in her last breath!

Get the Hell out!

Not looking Good!
To argue, will become pointless..
Unless you really want to?

It will become hard to make two lines
after that.

Jesse.

join