It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP remains key Pentagon supplier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Despite its role in the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, energy giant BP remains a key supplier of fuel to the Pentagon, The Washington Post reported.

Citing data from the Defense Logistics Agency, the newspaper said BP had contracts with the US Defense Department worth at least 980 million dollars in the current fiscal year.

In fiscal 2009, BP was the Pentagon's largest single supplier of fuel, providing 11.7 percent of the total purchased, and in 2010, its contracts amount to roughly the same percentage, the report said.

The paper quoted BP spokesman Robert Wine as saying he was aware of at least one "big contract" signed by the US military after the oil rig explosion on April 20 that led to the largest environmental disaster in US history.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source: rawstory.com...

This is absolutely insane! Not only are we still doing business with this outlandish company who has no respect for safety or the environment, but we are still signing contracts with them, even after the oil spill. Why on Earth would we do that? I'm sure that some people will argue that it is good because it allows BP to stay alive and afford what it needs to afford in regards to the oil spill, but I call BS. I don't think that BP should stay alive, given it's record of cutting corners and ignoring safety and environmental regulations (more than any other energy company operating within our borders).

Now, I know that the Pentagon is now a rogue element within our government and they basically operate outside of the influence of the American people and government, but we should be making noise about this and doing everything we can to ensure that our tax-dollars aren't condoning this kind of behavior. This is sickening!

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
It's only logical. They're one of the largest transnational oil companies.

outlandish

You must remember that BP are an American company; they ceased to be "British" in the 90s.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
nice find!!! this is just more effin proof that there all in this together. Would a best friend punish a best friend? Now we see who's really running this country? Revolution yet? anyone?

join