It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA...why so nagative against US?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Nothing like people who love to label things and people and place them into neat little categories and dismiss them to kill a real discussion. Your post is so symptomatic and a brilliant example of exactly what keeps us from logical and sane discussions, compromised, and progress. But I'm sure it was sarcasm, right?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wiseone11

Sorry but can't find the up to 2010 numbers but here you go:

migration numbers

Population Spain

Population USA

To sum it up:

45,989,016 peepz were living in Spain in March 30th 2010
The annual Immigration is 569.000 is 1.2%
305,689,000 peepz were living in USA in January 26th 2009
The annual Immigration is 1.300.000 is 0.4%

Ok it is different years but it gives a hint.

PS I'm not from spain.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Totally true man! Thats what ive been saying all along. When are these pricks going to start thanking us for all weve done for them? I live in RGV, TX, and every single person ive met has been either first or second gen. migrant, and all they talk about is how the government bends them over. I cant believe the disrespect. You know what colors the fireworks were on the fourth of july?? Green Whit and red!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well through the wonders of the interweb i have discovered one important fact that i keep on my desktop.

10 people from any nation will have 10 different opinions of that nation, until it is attacked.

I am British, we slag each-other off all the time, until we are attacked.
We live with the history of our Empire and all its misdeeds but we do not feel nor do we take responsibility for the sins of our fathers,we were not there.

The reason the US is getting some stick is because right now your nation is the successor to the British Empire, with an even bigger US Empire.
Your Empire is current, therefor it is with the population of the US that responsibility for its actions are directed rightly or wrongly.

Personally i don't feel responsible for the actions of my government as i don't get a say in any policy decisions, nor should you as i suspect you don't get much say in the policy decisions of the US either.

I don't think the anger is directed at US citizens per Se, it is just that you are the nearest American on line and so you cop the flak for the mis-adventures of your Government.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

The people can always have a say in what their leaders choose to do, as it is the people that enforce the efforts of their government. Without the people playing along, the leaders wouldn't have any legs to stand on. Whether you have an individual say or not, it is the public as a whole who is directly responsable for the actions of their rulers. For instance, if the leaders pass a tyrannical law, it is the people who have to enforce it. If the leaders start a war of agression, it is the people who have to fight it. If a government is out of control, it is the people who have to over-throw it. Sometimes our fate is chosen by the moment in history in which we are born. It is our responsability to either choose right or wrong when following this fate.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I have a lot of friends from other countries on Facebook.

NONE have ever said anything but positive things about America, and what a great country I live in, and how they wish to one day visit.

I think the anti American rhetoric comes from Americans, dissatisfied with their government and wishing we had the power to change before our country DOES become a nightmare.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis
reply to post by airspoon

Well, I am not much for giving up, only admitting that as of this moment on this day I have no solution. One exists. It is highly probable that many exist. I have not devoted the time or energy to discover them.

There is always a solution, but whether that solution is practical or not, is entirely different. For instance, there are many solutions to the AIDS epidemic, yet how many of the solutions are practical or even possible is something different entirely. To have a solution and to implement a solution are two entirely different animals.

--airspoon

reply to post by ~Lucidity

Is there anything in the Constitution that allows us to replace our government? Do we have to wait for elections?

There sure is and no we don't have to wait until elections. The first 10 amendments of our Bill of Rights were created to preserve our abilities to beat back tyranny. for the purpose of this post, let's concentrate on the first two. The 1st Amendment and 2nd Amendment. They both kind of play hand in hand. Without one or the other, neither of them would be very practical. We need the 2nd Amendment to be able to preserve and enforce the 1st Amendment and we need the latter to be able to preserve and act with the former. Both of these amendments were included as a means to overthrow tyranny if it ever breached its ugly head. Our 1st Amendment not only gives us the right to be able to know what's going on, through the freedom of the press, but it also gives us the right to assemble and organize. The 2nd Amendment allows us to enforce our will after organizing. We were not given the 2nd Amendment so that we could hunt or collect weapons. We were given the 2nd Amendment as a means to overthrow a tyrannical government if all other methods fail, as well as a means to enforce our other liberties, such as the 1st Amendment. Our elections have clearly failed, as has our right to assemble and organize. You get the picture.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis
reply to post by LieBuster

Can I ask what you are doing to prove you have a "backbone?" I fail to see a solid solution to the mess we are in. I suppose I could buy a small island and pop some popcorn and watch the fireworks, but when it comes to bettering or changing the system, no one has a clue how to do it.

Sorry i was slow to answer.

I can not realy go into details about 'Backbone' but lets say i've meet the beast head on before now and did not flinch.

We the people have the power and not only can move the earth but must do so else we might as well jump off a cliff now.

I do my part by studying up and then pointing facts out on forums, blogs and face to face and see how they fly but in the process it does lead on to learning and waking people up.

Go back to 9/11 and use the term false flag ! no one knew what it ment and now even my grandad knows what it means so people are joining the dots and this will be as revolutionary as inventing the internet given time.

Few of us have half our facts right but we sure as hell know the goverments of the world are not doing as they are told and are selling us down the road.

Sorry i'm not the man when it comes to solutions and long term i think we do need a one world goverment but not anything like the one that is being forced on to us and maybe one that slows down change because it too hard to keep up nowadays.

Who cares if a rock is 4bn years old or not when we are just about killing most life on earth and will soon be picking designer faces of the peg for our gentic modifiyed babies just because someone wants to make a buck.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Yes, I'm afraid I get the picture. However, can't that picture look at organizing in a different way? Also? I think it's time. Before it really is too late.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I dont think anyone is being "NAGATIVE" to the USA.. NEGATIVE.. Yes

My wife can be very NAGative sometimes...

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Gee airspoon, great monologue about the need for a new revolution.

Why don't you make a thread about it.

OP's question is USA...why so negative against US?

Great derailment job.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyMick

Totally true man! Thats what ive been saying all along. When are these pricks going to start thanking us for all weve done for them?

Hollywood ? well thank you but many of the early actors were british who pulled out here after they were charged silly tax amounts.

WWII ? Hey jhony come late lets thank you for some of the liberty ships we got that were on the way to the scrap yeard but sold to us for top buck becaue we had no other options and thank you for grandad bush that was trading with Hittler during WWII.

if anyone won WWII then it was Russia and not america as hollywood keeps telling people

Did i forget Mc'Donalds, Google or microsoft who are starting to come unstuck and just how many wars do you want to drag UK/Europe into around the world before this so called debt is paid.

America is a danger to the world with it's zionist puppet masters who use the military as a private malisha for the IMF/WTO and UN to some degree.

unless you can prove overwise may i susgest they would indeed be pricks to start thanking you for all you have done for us.

i do hope you come back on these questions i raise because i seem to be off the track somewhere.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

I'm not derailing, I'm pointing out that the actions of our leaders are our responsibility and directly out fault. Trust me, I think that an attempted revolution would be pointless. I think you are reading a little too much into my post and making it into something to fit your own bias. I do however believe that the public is directly responsible for the actions of their respective leaders since the public is not only the reason for these rulers influence, but we are also the mechanism for implementing their actions.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LieBuster
trouble is you can not fart in the street without fear of being arrested so don't tell me about being free.

Really? I just let off a real smelly one in the street a few minutes ago, and I didn't get arrested.

Originally posted by LieBuster
Sorry guys but collectivly americans have lost their backbones and the sad thing is us brits are little better.

How's that Sharia Law working out for you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join