It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Monster of Bray Road

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Today I want to talk about werewolves, one in particular, the monster of Bray Road (also referred to as the beast of Bray Road). Most of the sightings took place in the late 80's and early 90's in Wisconsin. During this period dozens of people reported seeing a "wolf-like creature" on or in close proximity to Bray Road. And more recently, in 2007, someone reported seeing the same beast on it's hind legs in northern Illinois. Once spotted however the roughly 7 foot tall beast got on all fours and ran into the woods. Upon further research I found a possible photograph of the beast here: monsterquesttvshow.wetpaint.com...

Please add your comments below...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Hmm don't know what to really say about photo. Looks like a gorilla. Well I have heard about bray road, never been there but I have heard the claims from some of my friends. I happen to live in northern IL. Whereabouts was this sighting in 2007? I have never heard this before.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

I am not sure where in northern illinois.. However some people say that it is a different creature.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well I've lived here (rockford) for most of my life, only a few years in wisconsin (janesville) and the only strange things Ive seen were UFO's about 10 years ago. In fact there was a lot of activity going on between 1999-2001. I did some research once and there were reports of a thunderbird in a nearby town reported back in the 60's. My friends once thought they saw what they described as a "hopping beast" back in the late 90's but this is all i have ever heard about strange creatures or sightings.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The "hopping beast" is known as the "rooftop madman" there used to be a lot of reports of this phenomena.. Some new reports are surfacing. Check this out: www.ufoinfo.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by theflamingswan92

wow, the red eyes, crossing the street in a single bound, they never did describe its shape but so far it rings true to what they told me. im gonna have to show them that link thanks for that.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

No problem man. I always found this rooftop madman to be one of the more interesting beings out there.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by theflamingswan92]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Just wanted to add a little more on the Bray Road Monster/Beast of Bray Road for those who'd like to read up.

The state of Wisconsin is (oddly) no stranger to werewolf sightings and encounters. Although it seems impossible that a mythical creature like a werewolf could stalk the nation’s Heartland, a number of bizarre encounters in the late 1980’s and early 1990’s leaves us pondering this very idea. There had already been encounters with what some believed were werewolves in Wisconsin in 1936, 1964 and 1972 respectively, but there had been nothing like the reports that came out of the area near Delavan, starting in 1989.

The first werewolf sighting to go public occurred (perhaps fittingly) on October 31, 1999. A young woman named Doristine Gipson, from nearby Elkhorn, was driving along Bray Road near Delavan. As she neared the intersection of Hospital Road, she leaned over to change the station on her radio when she felt her right front tire jump off the ground as if she had hit something. Concerned, she stopped the car and got out to see what it was. Finding nothing on the roadway behind her car, she began to look around. As she peered into the darkness, she suddenly saw a dark, hairy form racing toward her. She did not see what the figure looked like from the distance at which she was standing (about 50 feet) but she did see the figure was quite bulky and she would later compare the form to someone who works out continually with weights. Startled by the oncoming form, and by the sounds of its “heavy feet”, she quickly retreated to her car. She jumped in and was attempting to drive away when the beast jumped onto her trunk. Luckily, it was too wet for the creature to hang on and it fell off onto the pavement. Doristine returned to the site later on that evening with a young girl that she was taking out trick-or-treating and saw a large form on the side of the road. When she saw the creature moving, she ordered the child to lock her door and drove quickly away from the scene.

She had no idea what she had seen but wondered if perhaps it might be a bear, angry because she had struck it with her car. Regardless, she told a neighbor about the encounter the next day and showed her the scratched car. As word spread, more local people began to step forward with their own encounters with the beast, dating back to 1989.
Source.
Visit the link for more.....

Ive always found the story quite interesting, its one of those that make you really wonder what people are witnessing.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

Thank you for the add, I had a hard time finding much information. I always wondered how creatures such as these existed.

top topics

join