It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questioning THAT VERY SLOGAN is being as patriotic as anyone can be.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Fight for my freedom and then Tell me I'm not a patriot when I exercise those freedoms!?!?!

Its okay to kill people in the name of George Washington!?!??!!!

and don't dare say "Then leave America if you feel that way!!!"..
THAT STATEMENT attacks my freedom and
is the most ignorant/conflicting thing I've ever heard.

Furthermore the slogan (popular bumper sticker) "Stand up for America. Be American", attacks my freedom. Questioning THAT VERY SLOGAN is being as patriotic as anyone can be.

IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE, "Stand up for America. Be Republican"

You don't have to shoot people to be patriotic.

Did everyone buy their fake toy BOMBS to blow up tomorrow?

[edit on 7/3//10 by mazeofSiriusC]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Out of all the federal holidays America observes, the celebration of secession is the only one that I truly love.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
believe me when I say that i'm not a preachy person. live and let live is mostly how i operate.

with that, god loves it when you say what you feel and you speak your mind. that extra-dimensional nutcase also doesnt care what country your affiliated with.

all he cares about is whether or not YOU ARE HAPPY.

that

is

it.

whoever tells you that god cares about anything other than that is lying through their #ing teeth or is expound upon a subject they don't fully understand.

so if anyone ever tells you to leave "their" country because of some perceived disloyal act (as defined by them), you tell them to f*** off, because the only loyalty you need or want in this life is to god: the interconnected frequency that maintains our universe.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CSquared288

Why are you posting about god? that's what I call that preachy. To your point, why would invisible lines across lands decide who one thinks should live or die?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mazeofSiriusC

I think what he is saying is don't let other people use god as a way to make you do something you think is wrong. So many times in history, people have ordered others to war "In the name of god", when in reality they simply wanted people to kill, rape, torture and steal for their own demented reasons.Whatever you may believe god to be, I'm pretty sure he's not a bloodthirsty warmonger. (And if he is, F**k him!!!)

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mazeofSiriusC

I'm inclined to agree with you, but I just now reread the two posts and it just really has nothing to do with my point

We most certainly love death/violence, from the biblical wars to the Crusades to Osama....it's god and war.

It's as if it reads.......

Though Shall not kill....(except in war and the death penalty)

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
to be completely honest,

i guess i was just getting to the point that really mattered.

take it as you will.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CSquared288

Fair enough. Honest opinions are the only ones I'd ever want. So many questions with to few answers. Appreciate your candor.

new topics

top topics

join