It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army drops 'psy ops' name for influence operations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Army drops 'psy ops' name for influence operations

news.yahoo.com

WILMINGTON, N.C. – The Army has dropped the

Vietnam-era name "psychological operations" for its branch in charge of trying to change minds behind enemy lines, acknowledging the term can sound ominous.

The Defense Department picked a more neutral moniker: "Military Information Support Operations," or MISO.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Heh-heh

Funny how they don't mention that their brainwashing program isn't relegated to just 'foreign' lands and opponents, but has infiltrated our domestic programming as well, such as was exposed by the 'pentagon pundits' scandal of paid 'talking heads' who were spinning BS in the lame-stream media:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So now we have a 'gentler' moniker for the latest brainwashing protocol. lol. Keep your eyebrows raised on anything that comes from these folks people. Question EVERYTHING.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Thanks DD, always on them brining whatever they are up to, to light. I find it amusing the way they change the name of something to make it sound less harsh or irrelevant.

My girlfriend just finished some course work for Uni. She has discovered that the Finnish Government changed the meaning of the word 'poverty' so that they could reclass some people and bring their targets and statistics up to line.

Absolutly terrible that they get away with it, however, due to yourself and others here on ATS at least some wont be fooled.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The world is full of euphemisms, here's one more to add to the list.

People don't die, they "pass away".

It used to be the "War Department", now it's the "defense department", and now this.

I look at it like advertising. It's not innately evil, it has a purpose. If you were in charge of resolving a world or domestic conflict you would be remiss to not consider using these techniques of influence.

But as with advertising, we each have a personal responsibility to be aware of these attempts to influence our minds, and try to see through the misleading parts and seek out the truth.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I didnt know that it was the War dep. before, good example. And of course the "they passed on" chestnut.

Trying to think of one but being distracted by the football commentators terrible constant metaphors!! (World Cup is on)

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Neocons are Tea Partiers now; Blackwater is Xe. I can see why they might want to change theirs, but they'll always be psyops to me.

I'm sure there will be more name changes soon. Names are important,

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
And I wonder what 'British Petroleum' will re-invent itself as?

Peace!

top topics

join