It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa admints something will happen in 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Nasa admints something will happen in 2013

blog.theitjobboard.co.uk

A ‘Knowing’ style apocalypse is in order in 2013, predict NASA scientists. Apparently, the big ball of glowing gas that we lovingly call our sun is sleeping, despite the abnormally high solar activity over the past 50 years. Confused? I was.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Nasa admiting that something may happen in 2013 all be it not the end of the world - but as you know the information distributed to the public is normally only the tip of a very large iceberg, maybe the 2012 guess was close but not quite there, close enough though when you take into account the age of the guess!!!. dark ages here we come!!, what will li do without the net - probably spend loads of cash..............

blog.theitjobboard.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
They have referred to the comming CME as "the Perfect Storm"...

My Article The Perfect Storm: Solar Cycle 24 covers quite a bit of info in it about this...lol, and yes, Phage should be here momentarily to continue his take down on this !

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
NASA haven't said anything will happen. But they acknowledge that sooner or later a massive CME will hit the Earth head-on, with potentially devastating consequences. We've know this for decades. It's no more likely to happen in 2013 though as 2014, 2040 or 2198.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
no sorry, you guys promised dec. 2012. If nothing happens, then I'm done with this 2012 mumbo jumbo.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Well, as they say, if nothin happens on 12_21_12 then the date will just be pushed back further. But if they are predicting a date for a random phenomena its more likely to be a false flag and they are just preparing you. This is just a lesson to us, we should be ready to die on ANY day. Either that, or just live as normal until it comes out of nowhere and happens.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Wait, wasn't the world supposed to end (Insert date/time here). And we are still alive. Quit fearmongering.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
If and when this "Super Storm" hits we won't be able to get on here and point fingers at each other and do the "I told you so" nonsense. It will fry most civilian electronics, but maybe some of the "hardened" military and industrial gear might hold up, while the rest of us will be sitting in front of our tv's and computer monitors waiting to get a signal back.

It's going to be a big mess that's for sure, no matter when it hits. I hope I'm off the west coast of the US when it does happen. I don't want to be trapped here in San Diego with 4 million other folks who are freaking out.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sharkman

It'll only fry electrical equipment that is plugged into an electrical grid that get's hit by the storm.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Sooner or later it WILL happen.

A couple years ago we had a storm and our power was out for 3 days. I know many people go through that and worse every winter, but that one experience was pretty eye opening to me to the ramifications.

You basically have to learn how to go camping in your living room.

On a continental or global scale, it would shut down food production and processing, manufacturing, fuel pumps at the gas station, the net, cell towers ... pretty much everything.

And we may get a warning of only a few hours if at all..

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by area6

Yeah, I think people underestimate how much electricity has to do with our EATING.

No refrigeration. Thats a problem the way we have things set up. Crippled communications about how to direct available resources. Also a problem. I also think people underestimate how crazy people can get in very short order when things get weird. Civil disorder is also a problem.

Add to all that that nerves are already frazzled, resources are stretch so thin that most people dont have a couple days worth of canned and dry goods, much less months, and we could see a pretty nasty meltdown from something that should be just a blip.

Not that I am saying this WILL be more than a blip, or will happen at all, I know know jack about solar flares. But we are on the brink of a meltdown without a solar storm, dont underestimate what something like that could do to bring the whole mess crashing down quick.. Things dont happen in a vacuum, events trigger other events, and things often take on a life of their own.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

If we approach this with the idea of the sun as being like the earth, with solar tremors and flares being equal to our mini-earthquakes and other lesser seismic activity. If this constant release of energy were to dissipate, eventually something would have to give and trigger one big earthquake, eruption or tsunami – hello massive solar storm.

blog.theitjobboard.co.uk...
What? I'd like to know where he dug that little gem up. It flies in the face of what is thought about the Sun.

What NASA (more accurately an international panel of solar experts sponsored by NASA) has really said is that the next solar maximum will occur in 2013. They have also predicted that it will be less intense than average. There is no expectation of a "perfect storm", a particularly intense event, in 2012 or 2013.

Because of our extreme dependence on satellite technology and electrical power we are more sensitive to the effects of geomagnetic storms than we were in the past, there is much discussion about means of mitigation the damage caused. While a powerful geomagnetic storm could damage satellites and power grids, one could happen next year or not for 100 years. It could happen at the next solar maximum or at the next solar minimum. We have no way to predict it but that doesn't mean it doesn't make sense to prepare for it.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by greeny122229

maybe the 2012 guess was close but not quite there

So 2012 goes from foresight, to a prediction, to a guess, to "it was kinda close"

Amazing.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz
no sorry, you guys promised dec. 2012. If nothing happens, then I'm done with this 2012 mumbo jumbo.

Theres the truth ...2013 apocalypse just wont cut it....

top topics

join