It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any verified reports of false UFO reports made by a drunk person? I can't find any,...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
As I use Google for UFO information, I notice a very high incidence of the word "drunk" or "drinking" showing up when I search for UFO stories. Try entering: UFO +drunk OR drinking, you will get thousands of articles that include the two words together. It must be true that most UFO sightings are made by inebriated individuals whose facilities were impaired by excessive alcohol consumption. The physical effects of alcohol withdrawal can include hallucinations, and so, proceeding logically, there should be hundreds of Police reports and newspaper articles documenting these retched souls and their devious, delusional drunken pranks of false UFO sightings.

But search as I may, I find none so far, but I most humbly do ask the Above Top Secret members to please lend your most sought after help and assistance in this matter by providing any pertinent data that you may be aware of on the topic.
I expect someone to find a few actual cases, but I am willing to bet that the all to common conclusion that, "They must have been drunk!" is hogwash. And, no, I will not drink to that.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RING0
I am willing to bet that the all to common conclusion that, "They must have been drunk!" is hogwash.

I guess I've been too isolated from those stories because I've actually never heard that comment before.

From what I have seen, absolutely no alcohol is required to mistake an ordinary object like a plane for a UFO. People see it hover and they assume it can't be a plane because planes don't hover, not realizing that's in fact exactly what they appear to do if viewed from the right angle on approach.

I'm not saying all UFOs are planes, just saying no alcohol is needed.

The only thing I've seen that comes close to your request is I recall seeing a few youtube videos of people filming what appear to be Chinese lanterns, and they aren't sure what they are, and some of them were obviously drinking, but some weren't. The objects are there whether they were drinking or not so I don't see where the alcohol made a big difference.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RING0
I expect someone to find a few actual cases, but I am willing to bet that the all to common conclusion that, "They must have been drunk!" is hogwash. And, no, I will not drink to that.

Is it the "common" conclusion? I am not aware of any serious skeptic who has used inebriation as a common explanation for UFO sightings.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Is it the "common" conclusion? I am not aware of any serious skeptic who has used inebriation as a common explanation for UFO sightings.

No argument there, it is definitely a popular culture thing, movies, talk-shows, and strangely, the UFO witnesses themselves often make statements making it clear that they were not drinking at the time of the sighting. These factors don't help matters, leading people to feel that they must state that, "They were not drinking.", when in reality it is not necessary, because, as you say,"no serious skeptic has used inebriation as a common explanation for UFO sightings. But if you do a Google search with the proper terms, you see many such statements being made, go figure.

top topics

join