It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$40,000 fine and a felony conviction for crossing into BP “safety zone,”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Last Photos from the Gulf?

www.themudflats.net...

These may be some of the last images to come out of the Gulf of Mexico for a while as the ‘Unified Command’ has stated that anyone in the “safety zone,” such as press could face a $40,000 fine and a felony conviction.

To say this will hurt the coverage of the BP Oil spill is an understatement. It’s already a well documented fact that BP’s people are making it difficult for news operations to cover the cleanup. News crews from CBS and other organizations have been told by the Coast Guard, and BP that they are not permitted to film the spill. Freelance Photographers like CS Muncy and videographers outside the major networks and papers simply cannot risk the threat of a fine of this magnitude.

The photographs and video provided by CS Muncy of the Grand Isle beaches to The Mudflats yesterday were taken only moments before he was detained and then asked to leave the area – no reason was given, other than it was a closed beach. Muncy is an oft-printed freelance photographer for publications like the NY Times, Village Voice and the New York Daily News his trip to the Gulf is entirely self-funded.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This is proof they don't want the public to see it.

BP won't be able to hide for long. People are starting to notice whats really going on.

CNN reported this last night. AC360 has some of the best MSM coverage of the spill. He asks BP everyday to be on his show. They keep refusing to be interviewed by him.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by HrdCorHillbilly]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
It's also proof that we're now under coporate rule.
BP's ability to dictate law is nearly as disturbing as the oil spill itself.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I agree they don't want us to see .. what they are up too

maybe they'll ban huge camera lenses too.

or Satellites

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I already started a thread on this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
so BP making the laws now eh lol. interesting. its funny how laws can spring up out of the blue here in the united states.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Does it make sense to anyone that BP would want to block people from seeing the oil damage on the beaches yet would be running live cams of the actual source of the oil?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rich Z
Does it make sense to anyone that BP would want to block people from seeing the oil damage on the beaches yet would be running live cams of the actual source of the oil?

I makes complete sense. There is no direct impact at the well site. People can't see the devastation it's causing. On shore or near it, they can see the horror it brings. This is the same reason their using Corexit... to keep the oils damage from public view.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
$40,000 fine, eh? Will the dudes take a check?
Say, this is peanuts for the press media which will pay that much for a celebrity crotch shot.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
i went into new york today wit one of my buddies n we started goin around ppl askin them wat they thought about the oil spill

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by HrdCorHillbilly

Maybe they want to restrict access to areas that will harm people and avoid extra lawsuits. They need to be able to deter people somehow. I personally think this is quite excessive though.

new topics

top topics

join