It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$10,000,000 Prize for Your Oil Spill Idea!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
ecocentric.blogs.time.com...

The big news came right before the lunch break. Francis Beland, a VP at the XPrize Foundation, announced that the group would be offering a $10 million XPrize for smart ideas on how to handle the oil spill.

www.xprize.org...

An X PRIZE is a $10 million+ award given to the first team to achieve a specific goal, set by the X PRIZE Foundation, which has the potential to benefit humanity. Rather than awarding money to honor past achievements or directly funding research, an X PRIZE incites innovation by tapping into our competitive and entrepreneurial spirits.

Here are two Oil Spill Solution Threads at ATS:

ATS: Do you have a Novel Solution to the Gulf Oil Spill?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and...

Gulf Oil Gusher SOLUTIONS ONLY thread.

$10 million is a good chunk of change... may the best win... I think it would be great to see someone at ATS take the prize.

Sri Oracle

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Nice!
Thanks for the share

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
My mother gave me the solution today when I called to wish her happy birthday.

"Put a wedding bank around the well and it will stop putting out".

Perhaps we should just call the aliens. They're obviously smarter than humanity.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I would have to flat out ask for the 10,000,000$ in advance so I could build a time machine, because on this world line it appears this thing will be out of control for a few more months yet until the relief wells are drilled but honestly I can't see it coming to a complete halt. See: Nigera

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
hmmmm. Interesting, in that the XPrize site says regarding the BP Disaster:

Official Statement Regarding Oil Spill Clean-up
The X PRIZE Foundation is considering, but has not yet developed, a multi-million dollar competition to help alleviate the effects of the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. We are currently consulting with experts and advisors on the viability of this potential competition to incentivize the development of rapidly-deployable methods for the clean-up of crude oil along our coastlines and within our oceans. While the launch of such a competition is not guaranteed, we will announce further details on the development of this competition as they are available. Thank you for your encouragement and support.”

Link

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Here is my 10 million dollar solution to the oil spill, leak, eruption or whatever you want to call it.

Stop dumping Corexit into the ocean

More than anything else, I don't understand why this is being allowed to continue.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

Yeah, but it said 'smart ideas'.

second line.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by toepick

Because the EPA is the only agency who can tell them to stop, and they have no jurisdiction that far out in the water. The only other agency with any jurisdiction out there is the Coast Guard and i dont think they have any say on the dispersants either way.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
I would have to flat out ask for the 10,000,000$ in advance so I could build a time machine, because on this world line it appears this thing will be out of control for a few more months yet until the relief wells are drilled but honestly I can't see it coming to a complete halt. See: Nigera

Well, Kissinger has a prize and Al Gore and Obama. Fooking forget it! You pay in advance for insurance.

It's too late now. Send some thugs around to terrorize people. Have a good time with it.

What a laugh riot. Take care.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
My idea would be to make the most out of a bad situation. Maybe close off the gulf and grow algae for bio-fuels. You know..."suck it up, birdies" and all that.

Oops. Looks like someone already thought of my idea. Maybe someone had this in mind all along!

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Alethea]

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

Forget about the prize money or awards. Review your life and get right with your maker.

There will be a lull in the activity for awhile and then.......................Take care -PC

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
here is my 10,000,000 $ idea... do absolutly nothing while simutaniously making the problem worst and more toxic and then covering it all up... shoot i should be the CEO of BP making millions a year....this whole "give us ideas to stop the problem while for some reason our PHds in engineering cant figure it out" BS is wearing on my nerves...THEY DONT WANT A SOLUTION!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by invisibleman11

The say the CFR has decided things or some kinda world council. We will have to live with it! A gulag or weird society.

What do you think? Is that the way it is?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by chorizo4

i dont know if the CFR or some other powerful world org. has anything to do with it i have no reason or proof to back up this senario. all im saying is that BP is obviously stalling and making an unfortunant event into a cataclysim. and they are doing a piss poor job of hiding the fact that they are making thigs a 100 times worst.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I know a way of stopping the oil from leaking into the sea and potentially absorb it, i'm waiting for my reply from BP.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Everton

the unfortunant truth is that even if you had some miracle device or idea that would solve 100% of the problem, BP's answer to you would be "thank you for your concern/and or ideas. we will take your letter into consideration. thanks". end of of story. they dont want help....this is a PR stunt.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I have figured it all out.

Simply replace the oil cap with a wedding ring - I guarantee you it will immediately stop putting out.

Where do I collect my money?

new topics

top topics

join