It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of Oil Rain?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
But wait I thought many here said this would be an impossibility.
Well from the looks of things it is very possible and is happening. I just wonder what a good sized tropical storm would do to these areas given what we see in the videos?

u are in luck
cuz u will soon find out
lmao

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
trust me ignorant americans
u r a word i dont like sayi
ng

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I don't know about all of this.
I mean, there is another thread going right now trying to shout down everyone's "fears" over this event because the 'relief' wells are almost complete. Well, if I remember correctly, even the relief wells are a "shot in the dark", if you will. Something like a 50/50 on whether or not they'll work. The top kill thing was doomed from the get-go.

So, where are we, going on three months now? Anyone have any idea how much oil is now in the oceanic currents? The number has to be huge.
If there is oil in the rain, we'll know soon enough. People will begin to shout about it.

But that isn't the kicker. The kicker is that if this thing doesn't stop soon, we are in deep trouble. Sometimes I get the feeling that we are watching the destruction of our own species when we watch the news about this thing. And I hate to sound defeatist, but this is just how I see it.
We've been "warned" time and again about impending ecological disasters...

I'm really beginning to rethink a lot of things...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

I don't know why this is happening, but I do know liberals are somehow involved! Can you imagine how the LIBERAL MEDIA would be b*$&%ing and moaning if this happened under Bush's (or any other conservative POTUS') watch? I've been following this crisis since day one, and I've yet see hide or hair of this tragedy reported in the LIBERAL MSM! Thank God for Fox news and Glenn Beck! Without them telling me how to think, I just don't know what I would do!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

[edit on 3-7-2010 by SL55T0T0]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
People are forgetting that the evaporation point of oil is massive. The temperatures needed do not naturally occur on earth, however trace amounts may occur in precipitation over time...but not to the extent that many doomsayers are claiming

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
This could have far reaching consequenses. Especially if it gets far enough inland to kill food crops.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
i thought everyone knew that if you hear music and see editing in a video for time constraint that it is fake..AND...If anyone is sick because of this it is all in their head...There is nothing going on in the gulf, Barry Soetoro aka Obama said so. Come on down and enjoy some good, fresh seafood...AND...By the way the fishing is actually picking up these last few days as many flounders, spot, and sea mullet can be seen on shore for easy pick up. Rather have bird? Well,seagull plentiful this year and really easy to catch too..... Frying Oil included free for these items by BP petrolium....Come on down, free BP suntan oil available to first 5,000.You can pick it up at the beach..Didn't you see Barry's nice tan that he got on his several trips down here.He swears by this place... .. So, load the family and friends and head on down this weekend to the Gulf Area....Will leave the light on for you......

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Caji316]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
People are forgetting that the evaporation point of oil is massive. The temperatures needed do not naturally occur on earth, however trace amounts may occur in precipitation over time...but not to the extent that many doomsayers are claiming

thats true im a chef and use fryers every day and the oil is not evaporating when its turned off lol and they need to be at least 180* degrees celsius ( or 356 degrees Fahrenheit ) untill evaporation happonds even then you need something cooking in the fryers for the evaporation to take place and you need to understand what happonds in the oil to when its cooking ( i will try my best to explain ) the process of cooking removes water and with fryers its the same idea water is made in to steam in the heat of the fryer and evaporates and its a sticky steam so im gessing that oil is with the water in the evaporation
i hope some people can understand im trying to explain with a hangover not a good idea lol

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
So if a video has music or editing, it must be fake? Fryer Grease doesn't evaporate at room temperature so dispersant laden petro-chemicals covering over a third of the gulf of mexico can't either?

Thanks for posting the videos guys, creepy stuff.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The guy in the NO dome vid is completely unconvincing. These look like crease shadows in the dome combined with the right lighting, and possibly even some mold- and not huge oil runs! His incessant commentary CLEARLY demonstrates he has an agenda to believe and prove that the oil spill was a conspiracy (which I think is ridiculous and results in people not taking the legitimate coverups seriously). I also don't buy all the crop problems being chemical burns. This had been discussed in prior threads.

We loose credibility when we seek to distort truth in order to conform it to our suspicions and views. In psychology, this is referred to as 'confirmation bias.'

[edit on 3-7-2010 by whatsup]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
We have been having rain coming right off the gulf for weeks now, right off the oil spill here in Pensacola.

No oil in the rain, no unusual toxins in the rain. Everything is fine - in Pensacola. With hot hot days and rain coming in off the gulf, you would think that oil would be raining everywhere, but it isn't.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Unless the oil has been treated with a chemical dispersant.

Oh.. nevermind.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
As I see it many people in other Countries will say good for the USA couldn't happen to a more deserving County but we need to realize our fights aren't with the everyday peoples of any Country we are all hostages to the greedy Governments and Businesses.

This I think we should all agree is a World problem and BP and the USA shouldn't be in charge. I know there are water limits and all but if the USA doesn't get all Countries involved with clean up in those waters we are in the beginning of the end.

We only hear what they want us to hear and it is the peoples who are getting this disaster out with videos over the net. Wonder when/if the net will go down.

Do they care if you and your children get sick and die and they probably have all your medical screwed up so you can't afford to get the proper care.

All the plants and trees being destroyed is slowly destroying your oxygen supply.

One thing leads to another......... what's next.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

YES. Oil does evaporate. But it evaporates in a weird way. Oil is not a pure compound. Oil
is a blend of many different sizes of what chemists call 'hydrocarbons' or 'molecules'. These
molecules range from very very small (16 grams / mole ) to very very large molecules
(100s-1,000s of grams / mole)

When a liquid evaporates, its molecules must separate themselves from their attachment with
others in the liquid and then move off into the air space above. Heating the liquid makes the
molecules move faster and weakens their attachment to each other. That is why warm liquids may
evaporate more quickly than if they were cold.

The above is from a paper written in 2003 by a DOE chemist. I am glad you chimed in Oz, while I am on the fence on this subject, I see mounting evidence that this is occuring. Still not convinced though. I am from NOLA so this is personal. So referring to the above snippet from the paper, since oil is a blend of many compounds, some of which will evaporate quicker and easier, I have to think that those may be the ones getting into cloud formations and eventually succumbing to gravity. I guess a good place to start a little research would be the spill in Iraq. Plenty of oil, and plenty of burning oil. I wonder if they experienced any oil rain?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Hello hello
Well there was a a lady saying oil was evaporating into the air therefore making a type of acid raid.
That is scientifically imposable.
I have not been watching the effects of the dispersive"WOW".
Thanks for the video. hopefuly there is more.
Ya know theres only 1 good thing about this disaster----It's still the #1 news story/ there keeping on it.
When history looks back I cant believe that I was alive during, first The gulf disaster & 9/11, The gulf disaster will be ruining peoples lifes for decades to come
STAR/flag

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I am in New Orleans and the dome looks normal. Of course the white paint is going to fade, it was painted white a LONG time ago (If memory serves right almost 3 years ago. Plus they are now painting the sides of the dome black and the bottom gold. The discoloration on the dome is absolutely normal. Plus about him saying that there was an oil smell in New Orleans over the last couple of days is complete BS. The only place that has an oil smell are the places like Violet, some of St. Bernard, and the lower regions of course. The other stuff, however, I am not 100% sure about. I know that the dispersant used can be combined with water, but there is an issue with this also. The dispersant triggers the oil; hence the dispersant and the oil combine. And it is very difficult to have oil in the rain, because of how complex it is. I will say this though, with the dispersant just being tossed around in the water, it is not impossible that it is in our rain and water systems. And it could be having a negative affect on people, health wise. Some people maybe more sensitive to the dispersant than others. I would not be surprised by this...

[edit on Jul 3rd 2010 by TheMythLives]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join