It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paris Hilton arrested in South Africa

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Another Thread popped up and went away, it didn't have links or much info, so I decided to put up a new one with links. It appears the stories are true!!

perezhilton.com...

heat.co.za...

www.rainbownation.com...

m.news24.com...

Apparently she was smoking some stuff that we don't mention here
during a semi-final match and she was caught and arrested!

Eyewitness News officially confirmed that socialite Paris Hilton was arrested on a drug related charge and will appear in World Cup court later tonight.

"World Cup Court?" What the hell is that?

I am currently trying to find drug laws for South Africa.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
What a moron. What a gullibull. What a nincowpoop. What an ultra- maroon. Paris, not you. Where did she think she was? Ann Arbor?

HA HA HA

so long Paris...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

LOLOLOL!

I can't find info anywhere on their drug laws? I have found where some of their athletes were sanctioned, and I have found public smoking laws, but they don't mention any illicit stuff, just public smoking. I can't find the real laws for this offense anywhere?

If the public smoking law is any indication, it is pretty steep. $2000 and up to 6 months in jail!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Yep it was my post, but I put it in a place I should not have. Lol. Ok the WC Court are basically 24 hour courts, for any crime that is commited during the WC. We are not Holland, you get arrested for smoking the stuff.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by madleo
Yep it was my post, but I put it in a place I should not have. Lol. Ok the WC Court are basically 24 hour courts, for any crime that is commited during the WC. We are not Holland, you get arrested for smoking the stuff.

LOL, and you mentioned the unmentionable. I figured that is why it went away so fast.

Are you in S.A.? Do you know the potential penalties she could face?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
She saw she was serounded by orange, she heard the Afrikaans and Dutch and probably thought she was in Holland!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
She will likely be able to buy her way out of this mess. One of the advantages of having a huge family fortune at your disposal is that you can buy your way out of a lot of tough situations. I know I like to keep at lease $1000 in cash when I travel. It has gotten me out of tough spots before. Imagine how much trouble she can buy her self out of.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Can just imagine her in some South African prison locked up with a load of Winnie Mandela look-a-likes,

She'll be ruined when she get's out!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Can just imagine her in some South African prison locked up with a load of Winnie Mandela look-a-likes,

She'll be ruined when she get's out!

Hey, she's a pro! This isn't her first stint in jail, and to her credit, she handled the first one very professionally and she was reported to be very congenial and lady like, both in prison, and in the press when she got out!

If I went to jail in S.A. I would panic and soil myself a lot! If I went to jail in any foreign country, I think I would have the same reaction!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I did not know that I'm not allowed to say the word!
Do not know the laws but she'll just get a "small" fine! She should have given the cops $100, they would have/might have looked the other way!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by madleo

I actually don't know all the rules, but I have seen a lot of posts removed or snipped or trashed because of the mention of any illicit pharmaceuticals, even if the source is a mainstream one.

RATS has open discussion of the topics, because RATS does not appear on any 3rd party searches, you have to buy your way in with ATS points.

As a rule, I usually replace those key words with anything else I can think of to throw off the search engines and keep ATS staff happy.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
At least I now know not to use those words again! Thanks for warning me. Maybe I should use the Afrikaans word for it next time! Lol I just posted it cause I could not believe that she could be só dumb!!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I think ATS staff prefer you to use the proper word and the automatic censor work as designed...but a lot depends on the word and the context used....context is very important!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
What a moron. What a gullibull. What a nincowpoop. What an ultra- maroon. Paris, not you. Where did she think she was? Ann Arbor?

HA HA HA

so long Paris...

Thank you so much for the Ann Arbor reference. I'm from Michigan myself, about 25 minutes from Ann Arbor. Cool town, but sooo easy to smoke there. Plus they have hash bash and all that stuff. Probably the most marijuana-friendly place I've ever been.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Hi Freeborn,

Yes context is very important, but I have never seen the automatic censors work? Do they really work? They didn't work on the post above mine?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
She will likely be able to buy her way out of this mess. One of the advantages of having a huge family fortune at your disposal is that you can buy your way out of a lot of tough situations. I know I like to keep at lease $1000 in cash when I travel. It has gotten me out of tough spots before. Imagine how much trouble she can buy her self out of.

Paris Hilton does not have a huge family fortune. Her family isn't poor - - but they're not rich either.

Paris "works" because she has to.

I put "works" in quotes - - because some are going blast that. She does her reality shows and gets paid for appearances. She gets paid - - that makes it HER "work".

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
"World Cup Court?" What the hell is that?
I am currently trying to find drug laws for South Africa.

A lot of times for big sporting events, or sometimes at major stadiums for any event, they have a small court set up so that when people get arrested for whatever (usually rowdiness, fighting, too much public drunkeness, etc.), they can process them through the court right on the premises. I think since they know there will be at any given event at least half a dozen such cases, it actually makes sense to set something like this up. Easier than taking them all the way down to a local precinct.

Just a conjecture, but I wouldn't be surprised if South Africa even passed some special ordinances for the games to help manage such things better. The laws she might be subject to in or around a World Cup venue might be different (even more lenient) than anywhere else in the country. I could see them not wanting to cause too much of an incident with so many international fans, so things might be very different at the venues.

[edit on 7/2/2010 by LifeInDeath]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
They gonna Midnight Express her ass!, i can see a sequel to 'One Night In Paris' its called Many nights in Africa.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think my post was removed because of where I put it. After I posted it, there was something about a masters forum! Do not think that forum was the right forum for a 1st post! Lol

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
poor Paris i hope she gets out ok, busted for weed is stupid

and i also hope she knows they cant prosecute her in the states, it happened on foreign ground, at a foreign event, so the states have no jurisdiction

top topics

<<   2 >>

join